Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Rumor: 3 Team Trade (CLE-MIN-DET): CLE get #2 too

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Exactly... I'm not sure why people are talking shit about the Wolves' involvement here.

Its obvious that Williams is the #2 pick.... and it should be obvious that the Wolves do not need him given their current depth chart.

Drafting anyone other than Williams at the #2 is missing a chance to trade down, get the player they want, and get an asset or two as well.
    BankSh0t who do you want the Wolves to draft?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    3 garbage teams
    The Heat just made the Bulls look like the 4th garbage team

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    BankSh0t who do you want the Wolves to draft?
    This draft is so tough to gauge because of the lack of star-quality talent. I'm absolutely not convinced that Irving or Williams are franchise-changing players, and I don't know enough about the international big men of mystery to know whether they have the potential to be Pau/Dirk quality, or simply another round of Bargnanis

For me, I really like Brandon Knight's combination of size, defense, shooting, and character.... yeah I know the jokes that will be told about PGs, but I think he's going to be the best guard in this class.

Kanter is big and talented... but is he skilled enough to be a rangy post player, or his he physical enough to play the block?? Who knows.

Walker seems like another Johnny Flynn.... please Minnesota avoid him at all costs.

Montejunas has been on the radar as a potential top-5 pick for a long time, but has slipped to the mid-to-late-first round... for whatever reason. I'd love to see the Wolves trade up from the end of the 1st round to take a look at him. Singleton (?) from Florida State also intruiges me... he sounds like a Mbah Moute type player that can defend just about any position on the floor.

Byiombo is intriguing... but seems one-dimensional, extremely raw, and a long way from being a contributer to a good NBA team.

I don't know who they should draft.

This draft is so tough to gauge because of the lack of star-quality talent. I'm absolutely not convinced that Irving or Williams are franchise-changing players, and I don't know enough about the international big men of mystery to know whether they have the potential to be Pau/Dirk quality, or simply another round of Bargnanis

For me, I really like Brandon Knight's combination of size, defense, shooting, and character.... yeah I know the jokes that will be told about PGs, but I think he's going to be the best guard in this class.

Kanter is big and talented... but is he skilled enough to be a rangy post player, or his he physical enough to play the block?? Who knows.

Walker seems like another Johnny Flynn.... please Minnesota avoid him at all costs.

Montejunas has been on the radar as a potential top-5 pick for a long time, but has slipped to the mid-to-late-first round... for whatever reason. I'd love to see the Wolves trade up from the end of the 1st round to take a look at him. Singleton (?) from Florida State also intruiges me... he sounds like a Mbah Moute type player that can defend just about any position on the floor.

Byiombo is intriguing... but seems one-dimensional, extremely raw, and a long way from being a contributer to a good NBA team.

I don't know who they should draft.
    Actually Jimmer would be a great fit there. Minnesota would be better served to slide down a little to get him, but it would be a great fit.

Decent college freshman

The Wolves get exceptional value from this trade but at the same time I don't think we need 3 picks in the top 20, we need to win now. I would do this trade and then make a lot of trades. I am also very high on Knight but I think we have too many PG's to draft him. I seem to be one of the few who thinks that Flynn can still be a good PG in this league. His rookie season was pretty good for a guy that only had 1 good player on his team (Al Jeff), between his injuries and Kurt Rambis he had no chance to play to his potential I think he only saw 15+ minutes last season maybe 3 or 4 times. He is a very good pick and roll player so I would like to see Rambis fired and we keep Flynn as he will do better with another coaches offense. If Rubio comes over we are set at the PG position with Rubio and Flynn and we trade Ridnour. If Rubio doesn't come over we keep Ridnour as our backup and trade Rubio.

We then have Ridnour or Rubio, #4, #8, #20, Darko, Pekovic and Ellington or Hayward that can all be moved. I would use either pick 4 or 8 to fill a hole that we need, either Kanter at 4 or Biyombo at 8 and trade everything else to get a veteran defensive minded C and some role players off the bench.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Actually Jimmer would be a great fit there. Minnesota would be better served to slide down a little to get him, but it would be a great fit.
    We don't really have a problem scoring, it's our defense that needs major help.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

It is interesting that you point out Knight's combination of size, defense, shooting and character as reasons for him being the top guard.

Irving is taller, bigger, has longer arms, is a better shooter and has a pretty sterling reputation when it comes to character... His defense was also good on the collegiate level (we'll see how it translates). I like Knight as a player, but there aren't any measurables that favor Knight over Irving.

I am really not putting any credibility into these "rumored" trades concerning Cleveland because they are all win/win for us. Has anyone ever had the 1st and 2nd picks? If we do this trade, I know Gilbert don't want 3 guys in their 30's making 13 million plus a year so I would expect Jamison to be offered to a contender for some future draft picks. No matter what role he plays, he is going to score for you. He would be great off the bench for any contending team just to come in while the starters rest and score. I wanna keep Baron around because he will be a great teacher and extension of coach Scott for Kyrie. If we get Williams, probably drop Alonzo Gee. Rip, I think he just needs a fresh start out of Detroit, he's been there so long. We would look like this if all goes how I said.......

Irving/Davis/Sessions
    Hamilton/Gibson/Harris
    Williams/Eyenga/Graham
    Hickson/Samuels/Harangody
    Varejao/Erden/Hollins

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It is interesting that you point out Knight's combination of size, defense, shooting and character as reasons for him being the top guard.

Irving is taller, bigger, has longer arms, is a better shooter and has a pretty sterling reputation when it comes to character... His defense was also good on the collegiate level (we'll see how it translates). I like Knight as a player, but there aren't any measurables that favor Knight over Irving.
    Knight is taller and heavier than Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    I am really not putting any credibility into these "rumored" trades concerning Cleveland because they are all win/win for us. Has anyone ever had the 1st and 2nd picks? If we do this trade, I know Gilbert don't want 3 guys in their 30's making 13 million plus a year so I would expect Jamison to be offered to a contender for some future draft picks. No matter what role he plays, he is going to score for you. He would be great off the bench for any contending team just to come in while the starters rest and score. I wanna keep Baron around because he will be a great teacher and extension of coach Scott for Kyrie. If we get Williams, probably drop Alonzo Gee. Rip, I think he just needs a fresh start out of Detroit, he's been there so long. We would look like this if all goes how I said.......

Irving/Davis/Sessions
    Hamilton/Gibson/Harris
    Williams/Eyenga/Graham
    Hickson/Samuels/Harangody
    Varejao/Erden/Hollins
    RIP would most likely be bought out unless the Cavs really want his veteran leadership. But considering how he was in Detroit, he'd probably demand a trade or play like crap.

But an Irving/DWill/Hickson/Varajao core is rly good and if they could find a way to add a young SG and some solid depth, then they have an extremely bright future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Knight is taller and heavier than Irving.
    Irving is closer to 6'4 and Knight is closer to 6'2

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Irving is closer to 6'4 and Knight is closer to 6'2
    Everywhere I have heard that Irving is 6'2 and Knight is 6'3 pushing 6'4.

Decent college freshman

Detroit won't do it, but if they did, Cleveland would be pretty sick. Irving,Rip,Williams,Hickson,Varejao is a legit starting lineup. Sessions,Davis,Eyenga,Jamison,Harris on the bench. Try to get Jeremy Tyler in the 2nd or something.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

I'm going with what I've seen in the college season, and how the so-called experts percieved the combine results and his potential as an NBA player. Since Irving played little college ball, and sat out the combine, this is what I've based my novice opinion upon.

I'm not saying Irving will be a bust... I just like what I've seen out of Knight more.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Please, Minnesota, stay away from Jimmer unless it is at the end of the 1st, or beginning of the 2nd, round.

I'm sure he'll be a legitimate NBA player... but he's hardly a "great fit there"

What is he gonna play? PG or SG? Starter or bench player?

Long, athletic, and multi-faceted is what the Wolves are/should be going for.