Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: "I've looked up to M. Jordan my whole life. He has done something nobody ever has"

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    what a moron.

Kobe is one of the most creative/original players in the history of the league. He plays nothing like Jordan. That's a myth inspired by a retarded Jordan jocker.

Jordan was a "quick-strike" type of player. Kobe is much more crafty, and is more of a shooter. He plays a lot more like prime T-Mac than he does Jordan.

If Kobe wanted to copy Jordan as much as the haters think, then he wouldn't have bothered developing a 3 point shot.

He wouldn't be shooting from deep, ever. He wouldn't take all those wild shots. If he really wanted to copy Jordan so much then he would attack the basket more frequently, he would be nice to the media. There's so much more Kobe could do if he wanted to be exactly like Jordan, and he doesn't. Bryant just happens to be smart enough to know that Jordan didn't invent every damn basketball gesture or movement that there is unlike these irrational, uninformed Kobe hating nut jobs.
    this. LOL jordan stans/kobe haters have such bad reasoning. "HEY WE DON'T LIKE KOBE SO LET'S JUST SAY HE COPIES EVERYTHING THE GOAT DOES."

Default Re: "I've looked up to M. Jordan my whole life. He has done something nobody ever has"

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    so was Ben Johnson.

so was Carl Lewis.

so was Michael Johnson (the guy with the golden shoes from 1996 olympics).

So was Maurice Green.

So was Usain Bolt.

enuf said.

There has been 10 Usain Bolts by now with or without anabolic steroids.

But There has been only one Michael Phelps who has changed the sport of swimming forever ala Michael Jordan, who has changed the sport of Bball forever.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ver.html?hp&hp

That's what I call changing a sport.

what a moron.

Kobe is one of the most creative/original players in the history of the league. He plays nothing like Jordan. That's a myth inspired by a retarded Jordan jocker.

Jordan was a "quick-strike" type of player. Kobe is much more crafty, and is more of a shooter. He plays a lot more like prime T-Mac than he does Jordan.

If Kobe wanted to copy Jordan as much as the haters think, then he wouldn't have bothered developing a 3 point shot.

He wouldn't be shooting from deep, ever. He wouldn't take all those wild shots. If he really wanted to copy Jordan so much then he would attack the basket more frequently, he would be nice to the media. There's so much more Kobe could do if he wanted to be exactly like Jordan, and he doesn't. Bryant just happens to be smart enough to know that Jordan didn't invent every damn basketball gesture or movement that there is unlike these irrational, uninformed Kobe hating nut jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Cool. Good for Phelps he couldn't have picked a better role model.

Jordan and Phelps are arguably the two greatest athletes the US has produced. At least in the modern sense.

As for Kobetards, lol, I hope they realize Kobe is the biggest Jordan nutrider to ever have lived.

Dude took "Be Like Mike" to be a literal, lifetime obsession and patterned his entire game around it right down to minuscule detail.

I've never seen in any pro sport one athlete try to emulate/copy another athlete so closely.
    And why shouldn't he? If you have the god given talent why wouldn't you try and emulate the greatest player ever?

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Kobe back in the day was fun to watch lol.

Kid was fearless the harder the opponent the harder he went, the whole he's Jordan 2.0 was the media, players like Kobe and Jordan and Kobe steal from everyone. He and Iverson just went, no hesitation,no fear. I miss guys like them. Westbrook kinda reminds me of them.

Everyone else these days is just friendly, or they're doing stupid commercials and shit, no competitive spirit.
    Outside of that the way they handle themselves with the media, the way they market themselves are completely different.There's only vague similarities in the way they interact with their teammates.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    What did he do to change the sport of swimming? And out of his 18 gold medals, 7 come from relays, which is dominated by the states, so he basically wins by default.
    & here we go again.

Out of 4 golds of Bolt in 2008 Beijing. 2 came off relay & guess what, Bolt was handed the baton with "lead". Phelps "gave" relay team the narrow lead as 3rd anchor couple of the time.

enuf of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ver.html?hp&hp

That's what I call changing a sport.
    & someone else will be titled "world's fastest man" in 2020 summer olympics & he will break Bolt's current record.

Track & field has always been like that.

Swimming has gone to another level with Phelps. There was swimming before him. then came phelps & then there will be swiming after him. & world will be looking for next michael phelps in Missy franklin & everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    if blacks had the money and culture to swim and train in the pool since childhood, they'd take over that sport like track and field.
    not black women. would never happen. they dont want to get their hair wet.

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Saying Phelps is THE greatest Olympian of all time is rather subjective and somehow disrespectful to others athletes who dominated their respective sport. He's the goat swimmer that's for sure, but the reason he has more medals than any other athletes can be largely attributed to the format of Olympic swimming. Judging one's greatness solely from quantity of medal is silly.
    another silly Lakers stan

Tell those other greats who has dominated other sports to win 23rd Medal at olympics or win 19th Gold at the olympics.

Phelps did something unheard of & absolutely unreal. He is "The Greatest Olympian of All Time"

Nobody is better. NONE.

Bolt & the rest of the dominant athletes in their respected sport will have to stand in line.

Phelps stands alone with Michael Jordan, his whole & sole inspirer.

& someone else will be titled "world's fastest man" in 2020 summer olympics & he will break Bolt's current record.

Swimming has gone to another level with Phelps. There was swimming before him. then came phelps & then there will be swiming after him. & world will be looking for next michael phelps in Missy franklin & everyone else.
    You are an idiot.

what a moron.

Kobe is one of the most creative/original players in the history of the league. He plays nothing like Jordan.
    After reading the bolded dumb statement. How can this waste of life call others moron.

There is a big difference between Bolt and Phelps. Bolt is the biggest athlete on the planet. He is a polarizing figure that completely brought sprinting back to life after steroid scandals. Without Bolt sprinting might very well be dead right now... Without Phelps swimming would still be going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    There is a big difference between Bolt and Phelps. Bolt is the biggest athlete on the planet. He is a polarizing figure that completely brought sprinting back to life after steroid scandals. Without Bolt sprinting might very well be dead right now... Without Phelps swimming would still be going strong.
    There will always be track & field with or without Bolt. Bolt is the best right now. Bolt has done absolutely nothing to revolutionize the sport of sprinting. NOTHING.

Phelps has changed the sport of swimming completely. He is neither the quickest diver nor quick off the turn but is pure dynamite in last 50m on the home stretch.

Bolt looks bigger athlete because track & field is lot more flashy & Bolt is a "show boat."

Phelps is truly the Biggest athlete & change the "sport" of swimming forever which was already doing great after australian ian thorpe & other swimming great.

There will always be track & field with or without Bolt. Bolt is the best right now. Bolt has done absolutely nothing to revolutionize the sport of sprinting. NOTHING.

Phelps has changed the sport of swimming completely. He is neither the quickest diver nor quick off the turn but is pure dynamite in last 50m on the home stretch.

Bolt looks bigger athlete because track & field is lot more flashy & Bolt is a "show boat."

Phelps is truly the Biggest athlete & change the "sport" of swimming forever which was already doing great after australian ian thorpe & other swimming great.
    Don't see how you can revolutionize sprinting except getting faster. The event only comes down to 1 goal: time.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    Don't see how you can revolutionize sprinting except getting faster. The event only comes down to 1 goal: time.

If Bolt is an ultimate superathlete, he can still revolutionize track & field

But reality is.

despite being 6'5" with long wingspan & long legs. Bolt CANNOT Hurdle.

Thats his limitation. He aint short. he can easily learn hurdle at 6'5".

Thats why I consider Phelps a notch above dominant athletes like Bolt & others.

In 2008 Beijing Olympics, Phelps went for 8 events. He could've easily lost couple of events by not concentrating on lesser events (5-6) to lock in Golds.

After 6th Event, he told coach he has absolutely no energy left for 7th race & 8th race.

& in the 7th race is when he tracked Cavic down winning by a fingernails.

& hence sealed the legend of 8 Golds in 8 events. Never to be duplicated. Michael Jordanisque.

Bolt is a one trick pony. Lacks super athletic versitility of even Carl Lewis.