Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Who should Lakers hire as head coach now that they fired Mike Brown?

Seriously, they aren't going to be able to play defense so they might as well run an offense that gets them 55 wins and hope that they have enough size to win the halfcourt game late in the playoffs.

Mike Brown is obviously in over his head running an offense designed for high school girls and I am sure Pringles could do just as well with the defense despite Brown's alleged aplomb on that end of the court.

Kobe can play the Joe Johnson role, and be Barbosa when Nash isn't on the floor. With Kobe obviously playing each role at a much higher level than the previously mentioned past semi-star ex-Suns.

Gasol and Howard can play Amare both soft and hard versions, and do a much better job on the defensive side. Dwight would actually dominate as the opposing offense would be funneled right to his wheel house.

Metta can be Shawn Marion with less pizzazz but more grit and meanness (something those old Suns lacked).

Nash, upon his return could play the Nash role.

That Suns team was a Bob Horry hipcheck away from a championship, and if you did the same screenplay, but this time with more accomplished thespians, we could be talking Oscar, that is of course if The Academy tires of LBJ.

-come play my Eurof@ggy style of ball boys! Showtime 2012!

Do it Jerry, you old perv you!

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers Should Hire Mike D'Antoni

Mike Dantoni for head coach, demote potato head to defensive coordinater

lakers biggest problem isnt on offense but on defense, and i doubt you will see a major improvement in winning games if pringles is coach

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    You really believe he would do that? Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    Pringles are a more refined form of potato in a white trashy way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    substituting potato for another potato isnt the answer

Only guy I want is a motivated Jerry Sloan. The flex would be a good look for this team. I do think this team needs a system offense. Also, Sloan is a great defensive coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    didnt neg you...kids
    Last edited by bluechox2; 11-09-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Only guy I want is a motivated Jerry Sloan. The flex would be a good look for this team. I do think this team needs a system offense. Also, Sloan is a great defensive coach.
    and nash would be awesome in Sloan's system

NBA Superstar

i agree with OP. i want to see thsi team run when Nash gets back, even if some of them look old. they have too much mobile size to not take advantage of it. as things are everyone collapses down on them in halfcourt sets and the whole middle is always so clogged where they're so perimeter everything, or fouled and raped down low.

Decent college freshman

I think D'Antoni has the advantage of having the respect of these players. We know Nash respects him. Kobe respects him. Pau is a pro. Dwight will hopefully just fall in line.

D'Antoni was a bad personality for the Knicks last year, but the Knicks had a different personality profile than the Lakers. By that I guess I mean the Knicks' biggest diva, Carmelo, doesn't respect D'Antoni and the Lakers' biggest diva, Kobe, does.

Decent college freshman

what you have to understand about D'Antoni is he's casual and a bit hands off, the opposite of overbearing.

I think some players like that he treats them like men and other players feel like he doesn't give a s***.

things went very wrong last year with the Knicks, and a fair amount of the blame went on him. part of it was the front office disrespected him and didn't give him a point guard at all. but I think if nash's healthy, it'll be hard for things to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    I think D'Antoni has the advantage of having the respect of these players. We know Nash respects him. Kobe respects him. Pau is a pro. Dwight will hopefully just fall in line.

D'Antoni was a bad personality for the Knicks last year, but the Knicks had a different personality profile than the Lakers. By that I guess I mean the Knicks' biggest diva, Carmelo, doesn't respect D'Antoni and the Lakers' biggest diva, Kobe, does.
    Kobe lost all respect for DAntoni after all the stuff he said about him during and after those playoff series. I don't think Kobe would play for Mike DAntoni, especially with Nash on the team.

I also doubt Dwight will enjoy his philosophy of no defense.

Lastly, Mike D can't coach a team where the best player isn't a pg. All he knows how to do is maximize his pg and finishers. Lakers don't really have finishers they have 3 top notch play makers and very few finishers.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 11-09-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Lol at everyone calling for Mike Brown's head.

Did everyone forget LA was one or two close games away from the finals last year with a worse team?

Have some patience.