Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Saturday night Greg Oden hurt left knee as Blazers hosted Rockets

wait holy ****, i just saw it. someone tell me his knee normally looks like that

Blu Ray

damn, you can see the dislocated knee cap

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCover
    The curse of Deke, you **** his knees up, some other guy on his team will **** up his knee.
    I'm sure the spirit of Deke doesn't want Oden to be injured.

Serious playground baller

That happened to me once.

Painful. And my knee was swollen like a balloon. They actually drilled a hole in my knee and sucked out the excess blood with a hose while I was awake. Happened on my trip to Austria. Was pumped as hell to go taking a ride down the mountain with these rad ass tiny skiis and then some ******* left a banner lying in the middle and I got stuck w/ one foot. It sucked.

I really like Greg Oden. Such a nice dude that is still young and was starting to beast. He was starting to be one of the best rebounders, blockers and defenders in the league. **** this.
    Last edited by Basketball Dirk; 12-06-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Blu Ray

some dude on the rockets bench looks like he's gonna hurl too

Oden has been taken to the Blazers official medical facility to get an MRI.

Damn...thats just flat out lousy. Just when he was starting to gain momentum and play well, and improve....just another set back, and although hes very young...it just doesnt look good that he cant stay on the court.

Recent bigs in the NBA arent doing so well these days.

Serious playground baller

Is it just me or are more players injured nowadays then a couple of decades ago?

Local High School Star

No doubt he tore his quad tendon and will be shelved for the season.

Good college starter

omg his knee cap looks messed up badly

I know I play no where near on the level of NBA players, but I play basketball all summer long, fall all the time, twist my ankles, get shin splints. Yet I never had an injury where I had to be helped off the court. How does stuff like this happen?

It's like anything that can happen does happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I know I play no where near on the level of NBA players, but I play basketball all summer long, fall all the time, twist my ankles, get shin splints. Yet I never had an injury where I had to be helped off the court. How does stuff like this happen?

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's Law

And not to be a dick, but T-Mac's reaction is priceless.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

two things , i doubt you're a large as an nba player? that has an effect, big guys can just have problems, everything, the torque the bumps the twists are all greater due to their size and added length..

secondly you probably don't play with as much abandon as a pro level player, there's a little voice in most folks head saying that's gonna hurt if you screw it up....lol

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Let's hope Oden will be like Big Z. Lots of injuries in his first years but less and less problems later on. I hope Oden will be a good center. I never saw potential greatness in him, but he should be a very solid 15 ppg/13rpg/3.5 bpg type of player.