Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Yes, Jeremy Lin has been disappointing so far but he is not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The biggest disappointment is Deron Williams. He sucked last year with Besiktas and the Nets, and he sucks again this year.

He's lazy and fat and his career is spiraling down the Baron Davis trajectory.

Lin is coming off surgery and was ridiculously over hyped to begin with.

Lawson simply isn't a good player to be totally honest about it.

Curry is injury prone and ridiculously bad at defense. I don't see what all the fuss ever was with him.

Holiday is obviously a guy with inflated stats. His stats look a lot better than how good he is and what his actual impact is.

Really, Lin should be the least disappointing, due to coming off a knee surgery and that he was being overrated. Williams is the top disappointment, because he was actually great at one time, and just got lazy. Lawson should not really even be disappointing anyone. He's an average player at best.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CU0VT1uC4

50 points

Default Re: Yes, Jeremy Lin has been disappointing so far but he is not the only one

Outside of the turnovers, Holiday has been great. Plays good defense (tho I've seen him play better D than he has so far). I'd say he is, without question, the best PG of the 09 class and he's the one with the highest potential. He's on his way to being a top 10 PG, which is pretty amazing in this league.

People who compare Stephen Curry to Steve Nash should stop. Right now. Nash is playmaking personified. Stephen Curry is a shooting guard.

BTW, how many PG's lead the nation in scoring? Only the ones who should be playing the 2 in the NBA. Let's not forget that Curry only moved to PG in his last year at Davidson, to help the team and also to prepare for the league, as people didn't think he could get his shot off at the 2...well, he should be playing the 2 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Outside of the turnovers, Holiday has been great. Plays good defense (tho I've seen him play better D than he has so far). I'd say he is, without question, the best PG of the 09 class and he's the one with the highest potential. He's on his way to being a top 10 PG, which is pretty amazing in this league.
    I haven't watched Jrue this season, love his scrappy game but I'd still take Lowry over Jrue . What's up with Jrue's turnovers this season though? Has he just been more reckless driving to the basket or something? He's averaging 6 turnovers a game on 9 assists now after yesterday's game.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    My boy Mario Chalmers is struggling a bit with his shooting and scoring too. His passing looks miles better, though.
    In his defense, he has a highly promising hiphop career to attend to.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The biggest disappointment is Deron Williams. He sucked last year with Besiktas and the Nets, and he sucks again this year.

He's lazy and fat and his career is spiraling down the Baron Davis trajectory.

Lin is coming off surgery and was ridiculously over hyped to begin with.

Lawson simply isn't a good player to be totally honest about it.

Curry is injury prone and ridiculously bad at defense. I don't see what all the fuss ever was with him.

Holiday is obviously a guy with inflated stats. His stats look a lot better than how good he is and what his actual impact is.

Really, Lin should be the least disappointing, due to coming off a knee surgery and that he was being overrated. Williams is the top disappointment, because he was actually great at one time, and just got lazy. Lawson should not really even be disappointing anyone. He's an average player at best.
    Euroleague makes a relatively sane post and its actually about the NBA

They have retired Williams jersey in Besiktas!

Anyway, Tyreke Evans is huge dissapointment.

12.4 (37%) 3.6 apg

Certified ISHiot.

All of those other guys you listed have proven a lot more than Lin has.

Anyhow, regarding Lin:

People on this board are, on the whole, idiotic a lot of time.

They somehow factor BSPN "hyping" a player into their analysis of how good he is.

Everyone knew this guy was average after the Heat game last year where he was scared to dribble the ball over half court...

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    I haven't watched Jrue this season, love his scrappy game but I'd still take Lowry over Jrue . What's up with Jrue's turnovers this season though? Has he just been more reckless driving to the basket or something? He's averaging 6 turnovers a game on 9 assists now after yesterday's game.

Turner is a great rebounder...but he isn't doing anything else. I think that's a big part of it. Also, Holiday is taking on the burden of losing Iguodala and not having Bynum.

And to your first point, so would I.

Quote Originally Posted by EoJ
    Lin is basically still a rookie. give him some time.
    If he was a rookie he'd be making rookie money. He is not. So he is not.

Dude is a bench PG calibre player. He's playing to exactly what his realistic standards would suggest. Decent, not great.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    If he was a rookie he'd be making rookie money. He is not. So he is not.
    Great point, B-Low.

There's a great amount of people who use excuses like OP after people write or say negative things about Lin. Lin is for god sake the second most expensive point guard in Houston Rockets history, he's not supposed to be a role player and he's not supposed to only be good at stealing the balland shoot FT's very well.

Lin has been mediocre this far and of course people will be unhappy when Lin is so mediocre. And what pisses the most people off is people like OP who use excuses for everything Lin fails at and nothing is his fault.

This thread is so stupid anyway, so just because another point guard plays bad, is it also OK for Lin to be mediocre then? How does that even make sense? The most of the hate Lin gets is because people like OP do anything to hype him up but when he plays bad they use every excuse they can find.

NBA rookie of the year

But I must say, alot of us overreacted in earlier threads and of course it's not Lin's fault that the Rockets overrated him like crazy. So if anyone deserves hate it should be the GM, Morey.

But yeah, Houston fans are upset because the Rockets went from having two really good point guards in Lowry and Dragic to having one overpaid point guard who's mediocre.
    Last edited by millwad; 11-13-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    But I must say, alot of us overreacted in earlier threads and of course it's not Lin's fault that the Rockets overrated him like crazy. So if anyone deserves hate it should be the GM, Morey.

But yeah, Houston fans are upset because the Rockets went from having two really good point guards in Lowry and Dragic to having one [COLOR="Red"]underpaid [/COLOR]point guard who's mediocre.
    Toney Douglas?

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Lin is for god sake the second most expensive point guard in Houston Rockets history
    wtf you keep saying this as if it means a thing

Brandon Roy earns $16,359,805 from the Blazers this year. What's he doing for them? Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis, they're all the most expensive contracts in the NBA, not just for their position. What are they doing for their teams?

Second most expensive in Rockets history who gives a fukc. James Harden is probably getting a bigger contract than Yao, Tmac, or Hakeem as well, is he producing like them?