Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

How much is it?

Omega DLC sometime in the fall

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Eh it might be alright. I hope they don't try to make us romance Aria or something though.

They need to do something with multiplayer. Shit is so fun.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...game-names-dlc

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Eh it might be alright. I hope they don't try to make us romance Aria or something though.

They need to do something with multiplayer. Shit is so fun.
    I've been hoping for an Omega DLC since I finished the game. Was disappointed Omega wasn't part of the game but it might be better as a DLC since they can put more time into it.

Just beat the game and wow that ending really was bad (didnt play through the DLC ending but I will prob just watch it on youtube). Did they really just spend the better part of a decade developing these games and then slap on a quick ending to meet a deadline or something? Super weak after they took the time to craft such a fantastic story.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Just beat the game and wow that ending really was bad (didnt play through the DLC ending but I will prob just watch it on youtube). Did they really just spend the better part of a decade developing these games and then slap on a quick ending to meet a deadline or something? Super weak after they took the time to craft such a fantastic story.
    Watch the Indoctrination Theory video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

You don't have to watch the whole thing to get the gist of it. And while it has been discredited to an extent, the video is well-edited and really adds a different perspective to the game.

If they had gone this route, imo, Mass Effect 3 would've been the Citizen Kane/Casablanca of video games.
    Last edited by Joshumitsu; 10-06-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshumitsu
    Watch the Indoctrination Theory video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

You don't have to watch the whole thing to get the gist of it. And while it has been discredited to an extent, the video is well-edited and really adds a different perspective to the game.

If they had gone this route, imo, Mass Effect 3 would've been the Citizen Kane/Casablanca of video games.
    Yeah, indoctrination theory is the only one that makes sense within the context of that final scene. I hadn't read about it until after I finished but the dream sequences and nobody noticing the little boy getting onto the shuttle was an indication that Shepard was in the process of indoctrination.

It didn't click in my mind with the final choices tho but luckily I chose destruction lol. I wasn't going to let myself be deluded like the illusive man and sysnthesis would change the very nature of life in the galaxy and that wasn't a choice I would make (didn't consider the husks thing in the vid but that is spot on).

Indoctrination theory does provide a more satisfying ending to the series and it is probably what I'll choose to accept as the ending for me.

edit - Also, Clint Mansell doing the score. I'd prob say I enjoyed this game more overall than ME2. So many great moments leading up to the ending like the bonding moments with Garrus, Thane's prayer, Grunt whooping some rachni ass, Mordin's death, etc.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 10-06-2012 at 11:43 AM.

This is $15 on Amazon, I'm assuming its worth the buy? How much would I be missing out on if I didn't play 1 or 2 previously?

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    How much would I be missing out on if I didn't play 1 or 2 previously?
    A lot. ME 1 and 2 are must buys. They're dirt cheap too. I bought ME 1 for $5 last year.

Plus you won't really know what the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck is going on if you just start off on ME 3.

Okay after reading a few reviews that touched on it they're all saying the same thing. I have enough on my plate with Skyrim and a couple other games right now so I guess I can wait to get the trilogy, by then they might be even cheaper.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Finally got around to playing this game and have some thoughts.

In my opinion, an incredible game. I am a guy that talks to everyone, really gets into the story and I was more then satisfied.

The only issue I had, is he lack of continuation of the storyline in 2 to 3 was crazy to me. What I mean is the actual characters. I felt that ME1 was clunky, so it didn't grab me like ME2 did. ME2 has an epic story line, even down to the romancing options etc. Then all of a sudden ME3 basically uses nobody from ME2 outside of cameos. It felt like all the effort into those storylines in ME2 was a bit of a waste of time. I never would have guess Miranda, Grunt etc wouldn't be playable characters in ME3.

Not sure if anyone else felt this also. In terms of the game though, it was incredible.

Finally played the Omega dlc. It's garbage

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Yea, the Leviathan and Omega DLCs were disappointing. The Citadel one was good, even just for the humour they added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    The entire game was kind of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    The entire game was kind of garbage.
    Game was very good