Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    Matthews knows something is up... which is why he went back to laguerta. Dexter's name was obviously the trigger.
    He was close friends with Harry and swore to protect his legacy and his kids (deb/dexter).

so i could see him possibly knowing about dexter and wants to protect him... or he has his own suspicions about dexter...
    and as well, Matthews was one of the last persons to talk to Harry before harry killed himself :o.

i still think laguerta is going to die at the end of this season
    My prediction is Debra kills Laguerta to protect Dexter.

Very good NBA starter

I came online just to post about Dexter! This episode was awesome and this season is refreshing after two let down seasons. I think Isaak is one of the best villains on the show, finally someone who has some depth to him.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I came online just to post about Dexter! This episode was awesome and this season is refreshing after two let down seasons. I think Isaak is one of the best villains on the show, finally someone who has some depth to him.
    Isaak has been on the show for handful of episodes and already has more influence on Dexter than anyone else not named Harry.

Serious playground baller paperstreet's Avatar

Ray Stevenson is a good actor, and he brought some depth to his character. I assumed Victor was his son...

sad to see him go.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by paperstreet
    Ray Stevenson is a good actor, and he brought some depth to his character. I assumed Victor was his son...

sad to see him go.
    That was my guess as well.

Also did anybody think Hannah made a face at the end of the last episode when Dexter was professing his love or whatever? She seemed like she was thinking "wtf" to me.

this season has been completely meh... come on something big needs to happen...

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    this season has been completely meh... come on something big needs to happen...
    If you don't believe anything big has happened so far, then you're watching the wrong show. Maybe you should stick to shows like Law and Order

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

I think LaGuerta is gonna die this season, she's figured out Dexter might be the Bay Harbor Butcher. Here's hoping Deb kills her.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Navy"]This is probably the best season in 5 years. Business is picking up and thats great.

So long Dark Passenger! [/COLOR]

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It was interesting to see Dex dump The Code for Hannah's father. I gotta say, the Hannah character has been a really pleasant surprise. She is by far the best of the characters that have been sent to open Dexter up. It's a pretty long list. The French chick in season 2. Jimmy Smits. The wife. Lumen. It's been a long list of flops really. Hannah has let him really open up. And throw in the exposure to Deb, and you're getting a lot more from Dex than we have in the past.

And the chick who plays Hannah, in addition to being rediculously hot, has been one of the better performances in the show as well. Her melt down last night was way better than 90% of what we see on the show. Usually we get something closer to the abysmally flat character of her father. A performance so bad it was actually uncomfortable to watch.

Every year they say this is the last season, but it seems like it's going to be tough to tie up Hannah, LaGuerta, and even Quinn's goofy subplot all in these last few episodes (the relationship between Quinn and Deb is retarded too now. A year ago she was engaged to the guy. Now he's getting shot over his russian stripper girlfriend and all she's got is a shake of the head). The LaGuerta thing specifically feels like it needs a season to itself. Last night her "schock" about Dexter's brother being The Ice Truck Killer was another fine example of this show's consistently flat characters. That should've been a massive reveal for her. Instead it was "Wait, what? ... and he's a blood spatter analyst!" ... and scene!!

But at it's core, Deb, Dex, Harry, and hopefully now more Hannah, the show has really worked this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It was interesting to see Dex dump The Code for Hannah's father. I gotta say, the Hannah character has been a really pleasant surprise. She is by far the best of the characters that have been sent to open Dexter up. It's a pretty long list. The French chick in season 2. Jimmy Smits. The wife. Lumen. It's been a long list of flops really. Hannah has let him really open up. And throw in the exposure to Deb, and you're getting a lot more from Dex than we have in the past.

And the chick who plays Hannah, in addition to being rediculously hot, has been one of the better performances in the show as well. Her melt down last night was way better than 90% of what we see on the show. Usually we get something closer to the abysmally flat character of her father. A performance so bad it was actually uncomfortable to watch.

Every year they say this is the last season, but it seems like it's going to be tough to tie up Hannah, LaGuerta, and even Quinn's goofy subplot all in these last few episodes (the relationship between Quinn and Deb is retarded too now. A year ago she was engaged to the guy. Now he's getting shot over his russian stripper girlfriend and all she's got is a shake of the head). The LaGuerta thing specifically feels like it needs a season to itself. Last night her "schock" about Dexter's brother being The Ice Truck Killer was another fine example of this show's consistently flat characters. That should've been a massive reveal for her. Instead it was "Wait, what? ... and he's a blood spatter analyst!" ... and scene!!

But at it's core, Deb, Dex, Harry, and hopefully now more Hannah, the show has really worked this year.
    Before season 6 ended they confirmed that there would be 2 more seasons. We have 1 more after this.

I was totally suprised that Dexter dumped the whole Dark Passenger thing and think that's a pretty big deal.

I think from here he slowly starts to realize that he's a psycho and maybe even embraces it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    He dumped the "Dark Passenger" not the code. At least that's what I got from the episode. Hannah's father didn't meet the code but he put Hannah in danger w/ blackmail / what he knew about her.

Dexter was ready to kill Sal Price too (or put him in jail for life) because of Hannah. He definitely didn't meet the code.

I agree that this season has been top notch. Was looking through the episode list and the finale is named, "Surprise Mothe****er" -- is Doax making a cameo?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Yeah, not so much that he dumped the code, just that he was willing to deviate from it for her father, and like Bano said, maybe it indicates his sort of letting go of the structure he's hung onto so long, and sort embracing his becoming truely out of control.
    When he dumped the Dark Passenger thing, I thought it was telling that she sort of points out that he's still in there. She's sort of convincing him to embrace himself. And they just subtly imply that she may be manipulating him, although it's not entirely clear, which is a nod to her performance, and it's much dissimilar to the on the nose stuff we usually get from the show.

Does Dex's deviation from the code allow him to truely hunt LaGuerta once he discovers her theory? Is he willing to kill the other guy to? They're the only ones who really know about it at the moment? Would that alienate him from Deb who's just barely able to justify him as it is? Would he be willing to kill Deb? Would Hannah try to kill Deb to protect him the way he did with her father? All of this could make next season compelling.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    I think from here he slowly starts to realize that he's a psycho and maybe even embraces it.
    I think it's the opposite, Dexter used to think he was just a monster now he's realizing he's human. He's realizing he can control his urges and he also realizes he is in love with Hannah

hopefully laguerta is next on dex's deathlist