Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    JMEWLS
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* ORLANDO MAGIC game discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    When's first game?

Wheres the Game Previews and Reviews lately, you getting lazy on us?
    i've been getting the game previews, and game reviews from ISH. They just haven't been posted on insidehoops. I'm checking regularly, and as soon as i see it, they'll be posted.

No im not being lazy .

Maybe, i should get the previews from NBA.com or something, that maybe faster?

As for the first playoff game. Its on sat 21st 7.00pm EST.

Quote Originally Posted by JMEWLS

Maybe, i should get the previews from NBA.com or something, that maybe faster?

As for the first playoff game. Its on sat 21st 7.00pm EST.
    Yeah it would be much quicker to get them from NBA.com.

Alright, awesome.

Do you have any sites i can watch the game off?

JMEWLS

Yeah it would be much quicker to get them from NBA.com.

Alright, awesome.

Do you have any sites i can watch the game off?
    not as of yet.

i'll keep you updated though.

JMEWLS

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* ORLANDO MAGIC game discussion thread. **including playoffs!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]COMPLETE PLAYOFF FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE AND TIMES![/COLOR]
    AND
    First Round Matchup.
    Detroit Pistons [1] AND Orlando Magic [8]

[COLOR="Red"]Game 1: Saturday Apr. 21 @ DET, 7:00, ESPN
    Game 2: Monday Apr. 23 @ DET, 7:00, TNT[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Game 3: Thursday Apr. 26 @ ORL, 8:00, TNT
    Game 4: Saturday Apr. 28 @ ORL, 3:00, TNT[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Game 5: Tuesday May. 1 @ DET, TBD[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Game 6: Thursday May 3 @ ORL, TBD[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]Game 7: Saturday May 5 @ DET, TBD, TNT
    [/COLOR]

JMEWLS

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* ORLANDO MAGIC game discussion thread. **including playoffs!

First game is tomorrow, i'm nervous.

This first games gonna set the tempo, if we get thrashed. The series i think will just be too easy for Detroit. A close first game, will result in a tight series.

I hope Dwight and Grant are on their A-GAME, Jameer and Hedo MUST come out to play if where going to have a chance.

JMEWLS

game 1 preview:
    Detroit hosts Orlando in Game 1 Saturday, April 21 at 7 p.m. EDT on ESPN. The Pistons add the new face of Chris Webber to their playoff-tested group of Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, Rasheed Wallace and Tayshaun Prince. Webber was acquired from Philadelphia near midseason. For the Magic, it's all about Dwight Howard. The third-year center who made his first All-Star game with averages of 17.7 points and 12.3 rebounds, is playing in his first playoffs. An interesting subplot could develop with Grant Hill trying to finally get out of the first round of the playoffs against the team he started his career on 12 seasons ago. Detroit swept the season series 4-0.
    source:NBA.com

JMEWLS

free throw shooting is seriously holding us down!

JMEWLS

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]COMPLETE PLAYOFF FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE AND TIMES![/COLOR]
    AND
    First Round Matchup.
    Detroit Pistons [1] AND Orlando Magic [8]

[COLOR="Red"]Game 1: Saturday Apr. 21 @ DET, 7:00, ESPN [/color] L - 92-100

JMEWLS

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ORLANDO MAGIC PLAYER STATS:[/COLOR]

JMEWLS PLAYER OF THE GAME: DARKO MILICIC

14points,4rebounds,1assist
    (stats dont tell it all, but he was the only person who could score consistently. Very good game by Darko)

Jameer Nelson:
    10points,1rebound,3assists,2steals

Grant Hill:
    14points,4rebounds,5points,1steal

Tony Battie:
    8points,4rebounds

Hedo Turkoglu:
    17points,1rebound,3assists,2steals,1block

Dwight Howard:
    13points,19rebounds,3assists,3blocks

Keyon Dooling:
    9points,2rebounds,1steal

Carlos Arroyo:
    4points,2rebounds,1assist

Trevor Ariza:
    3points,2rebounds,2assists

JMEWLS

Game recap:
    Detroit 100, Orlando 92 -- The AP reports: The Detroit Pistons tried the Hack-a-Shaq strategy against Shaquille O'Neal and the Miami Heat last postseason. The Pistons implemented the Hack-a-Howard plan on Saturday night, and it paid off. Orlando All-Star center Dwight Howard went only 3-of-11 from the free throw line in his playoff debut, and the entire Magic team missed 18 free throws in a 100-92 loss to the Pistons in Game 1 of the opening-round series... The veteran Pistons calmly converted three-quarters of their free throws and committed only 11 turnovers to Orlando's 21... The Pistons never trailed and demonstrated why they could return to the conference finals for a fifth consecutive season... The Pistons dominated the first quarter, jumping ahead 8-2. They extended their advantage to 25-14 on Billups' jumper just inside the 3-point line with 2 minutes remaining in the period.

For the Pistons, Chauncey Billups went 5-of-13 (plus 11-of-12 free throws) for 22 points, 4 rebounds, 11 assists and 2 steals - plus five turnovers. Richard Hamilton shot 9-of-19 for 22 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Rasheed Wallace had 16 points and 6 rebounds. Tayshaun Prince and Chris Webber each scored 12 on good shooting. As a team Detroit shot 49.3% and 35.7% from three-point range. They won controlled the boards tonight.

For the Magic, Dwight Howard shot 5-of-8 for 13 points, 19 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks - though he had 6 turnovers. Hedo Turkoglu shot 8-of-13 for 17 points, 3 assists and 2 steals. Grant Hill took 8 shots for 14 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists. Darko Milicic went 5-of-6 for 14 points and 4 rebounds. Orlando was fantastic from the field, shooting 58.1%. But they hit just 50% of their 36 free throw attempts.

AtTheDriveIn's Analysis.

Darko Milicic:

Great game by Darko, he came to play against his former team. He got booed quite a bit, but he didn't let that distract him. Nice pass to Dwight in the last couple of minutes, that really got Orlando going for a bit, but unfortunately their defense collapsed, and Darko made a silly foul on Tayshaun Prince for an and1 opportunity. Oh well, good game by Darko overall.

Jameer Nelson:

I don't have much to say about Jameer, i thought it was yet another dissapointing performance by him, the more i watch him, the more i want him out of Orlando!

Grant Hill:

Ah, the veteran of the team. Played a nice game, would have liked him to take more shots though.

Tony Battie:

Another guy who i think just doesn't work for this team, they need someone else to be starting instead of this guy. he was 4-6, but all shots were somewhat easy. Played his average game.

Hedo Turkoglu:

This game was a little different for Hedo. Normally, everytime he'd get the ball at the 3 point line, he'd shoot, but he only had 1 3pt shot the whole game. Focused more on driving and getting to the hoop. This is how he should always play!!

Dwight Howard:

His free-throw misses killed the Orlando team. Hack-a-Howard anyone? unless this guy improves to at least 65-70%, he's going to cost the Orlando team a lot of games in the future. His FT% took a dip in the last two months of play. 47% in March and 50% in April. MUST IMPROVE FT! Other then that, Dwight played his usual game.

Keyon Dooling:

I like Dooling, he played a nice game, knew when to pass and when to hold the ball, overall good game for him despite limited minutes.

Carlos Arroyo:

Barley noticed him in the game, so i can't really comment on his performance. I still want him out of Orlando.

Trevor Ariza:

They should be playing this guy more. You could see when he was on the court, he had a ton of skill. played 7mins, and i thought that he played a great 7mins.

JMEWLS

nice post ^

i dont think, that Jameer played that bad though.

He should just look for his team mates more, its frustrating just seeing him chuck up shots. But he didnt do to bad.

JMEWLS

AtTheDriveIn!!

I got a site to watch the games, but you gotta have a pretty decent internet connection to run smoothly.

http://myp2p.eu/NBA.htm

Download a program called sopcast.

from here: http://www.sopcast.com/download/

Then before the game, click the link for the Magic schedule, then you should be all good.

hope you like it, JMEWLS

Ohh! Yes!

Thanks, man.

JMEWLS

Ohh! Yes!

Thanks, man.
    thats alright.

just ask if you need something else, i'll help.