Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Wow. I understand what he's doing, but moves like this are just not positive for the game of basketball. And if there's nothing physically wrong with the players directly going into this game, he should've chosen to do it another night.

I don't even care if the Spurs have one of those nights and wins, the star power is what drives this league, it's what kicks up ratings, and puts fans in the seats, which pays their salaries.

I'll get over it though, as I was going to do some research, watch football and Scandal tonight.
    Bingo. The players are tired? What a soft excuse. 80% of the world is tired in the morning but they still get dressed and go to work. Your job is to play ball, f*cking do it.

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Wonder if stern is tempted to fine spurs..ha

I would. Just like I'd fine teams for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Bingo. The players are tired? What a soft excuse. 80% of the world is tired in the morning but they still get dressed and go to work. Your job is to play ball, f*cking do it.

Or at least save it for a non national televised game.

damnit. they will be nice and rested for the grizz on saturday

Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

If this was about rest why not rest the team vs the Magic and play them tonight?

This is more about Pop giving the league a FU for what he deems to be a tough schedule. Thats it.

What Pop should have done is play them for the first 2-3 minutes of each half and sit them the rest of the game. Players who care about their stats would be upset by that though.

Nevertheless, I enjoy watching games like this because you get to see Popovich's coaching skills in action. Great offensive sets, defensive schemes, crisp passing, etc.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Pop don't give f@ck. Pop gives the middle finger to the league and their scheduling.

Shame though. I wanted to watch this game. I'll still will, but it won't be as entertaining without the best players of the Spurs.

It is a pretty smart mind****ing to the NBA schedulers though.

I'd fine Pop, but I still love him.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
    If this was about rest why not rest the team vs the Magic and play them tonight?

This is more about Pop giving the league a FU for what he deems to be a tough schedule. Thats it.
    Because what if he rests them against Orlando and they lose. Then they pkay Miami and lose a close game. That's two loses instead of the hypothetical one.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    His job is to manage his players, and he's doing it better than anyone. He has no obligation to play the guys you want to see.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    It is a pretty smart mind****ing to the NBA schedulers though.

I'd fine Pop, but I still love him.
    Fined based on what? On the fact that people want to watch certain players?

I'm tired of George Karl benching McGee, should the league fine him too?

lol... If I were Stern, I would find a reason to fine Pop as well.

But I don't know how you don't love this from him. Pop is freaking awesome and the scheduling (and schedule) does suck in the NBA.

Sucks but I understand.

Its their 4th game in 5 games, this being the last stop and playing against a tough team tonight who's been off since Saturday, while also having a tough game coming up this Saturday.

This is Pop giving the finger to Stern for this crazy schedule

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    David Stern gonna be pissed....and he should be....and we all should be.
    No, people should be smart enough to understand his obligations are to his team and he's trying to win a championship. Health is important to these older teams with hopes of long playoff runs.

National High School Star

Unless they're actually all injured, this is a bitch move. People payed to see the spurs vs the Heat, not the Heat vs the Spurs bench. It's a bad precedent. Unless you're actually sick or injured you have to go to work, not sit out like a primadonna.