Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Lakers are MY TEAM

Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering article about LeBron from website...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It's ONE article on SI. There are other pro Lebron articles too. Are you suggesting having ONE article being anti Lebron meants there is an ANTI lebron bias?
    That's disingenuous. Your statement completely ignores the FLOOD of responses, none really positive to LeBron's move. I have read almost daily negative takes on LeBron's move to Miami, from Barkley's interview, to MJ's, to several journalists as well. No one likes the move -- except Bron hypers and Miami fans for reasons all know but I'll list a few, since I'm sure you'll require evidence. Here's the argument:

-Someone who names himself the King should not go to someone else's team to win a championship.

-You don't join someone who is on your level, you beat them to PROVE your greatness.

-Given his natural abilities, he misses the chance to surpass Jordan and shows he lacks that which made Jordan great.

-We as fans will never see LeBron's best because he will never have to push himself with those guys around.

-No team has ever really been so much better than the teams around him/no team has ever had the top two or two of the top three players in basketball at one time. It's inherently uncompetitive. [And for those against this argument, say using Kareem/Magic as a comparison, it was the pre-cap era, look at the teams they had to face -- the Celtics were loaded in an equal fashion. The Lakers don't approach that level, what gives them a shot is cohesiveness as a team.]

-Overall, as the Nets owner stated, he has limited his own brand, his appeal to people, at this point, and potentially negated it forever if Miami continues to be seen as DWade's team. DWade has even been DEFENDING LeBron from the get-go, showing exactly whose team it is.

So are you just limited, or trolling?

Point is, the response to LeBron is overwhelmingly negative atm. IF he does win several titles (as a few articles on SI and ESPN suggest) THEN he can negate the negative press and re-establish his legacy. BUT, atm, mostly he is just receiving swampfuls of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Not on SI based on that article, no. READ the article. It's a pretty normal viewpoint a normal non miami/lebron fan will have. Do people understand Lebron will not be rooted for as much as before? That's not bias, that's reality.
    I read that article this morning. I never touched on that article specifically in my post.

I like Kobe more than Lebron. I am not a Heat Fan. And ya, I think most people will have a biased opinion of Lebron now that will allow them to stray from reality many times over this season....and ya, I think the hate he's garnering, and the Heat in general, is quite pathetic. Just my opinion.

I guess you're right, it is normal because the majority will feel that way. The norm is quite pathetic in this case.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Yahoo's running with the story too now http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-258818

Good High School Starter

I have no problem with Bron's antics, he's a child and has proven such.

The problem is with ESPN pulling the story a la Bron pulling the jordan crawford footage....it's pointless and wreaks of unnecessary damage control

shhhhhhh

Soundtrack: ESPN's Coverage Fit for a King
    By Ben Collins

[QUOTE]Last night, ESPN reporter Arash Markazi posted a very lurid, detailed account of a night out with LeBron James on ESPN.com, replete with naked nightclub biddies, lots of alcohol, and Big Baby Davis walking by in disgust.

That's not the story.

The story is that ESPN pulled the whole post immediately. Now, as alternative sports media like Deadspin.com and Twitter are abuzz with this story, ESPN and all of its columnists and writers on Twitter are conspicuously silent.

Mind you, Markazi is a very reputable journalist, who has broken stories about USC recruiting violations, covered a few Stanley Cups, and profiled everyone from Wayne Gretzky to Ron Artest to Vince McMahon for Sports Illustrated. It

What happens in Vegas...

The Holy Trinity

LeBron is on his way to becoming my favorite human of all time, and I don't even really like him. But, his progressing self-immolation is just too awesome for words.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Kobe fans mad . They probably jerk off to these articles.
    The big thing that everyone's missing is this guy Arash Markazi is a part of ESPN LOS ANGELES, yes that's right, LOS ANGELES. He is a Laker n*trider and just as bad as most of them here on ISH. Only difference is he gets paid to spew his garbage. I can see why ESPN pulled the article. It's a bunch of trash and has nothing to do with basketball. Just another punk Laker moron.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    The big thing that everyone's missing is this guy Arash Markazi is a part of ESPN LOS ANGELES, yes that's right, LOS ANGELES. He is a Laker n*trider and just as bad as most of them here on ISH. Only difference is he gets paid to spew his garbage. I can see why ESPN pulled the article. It's a bunch of trash and has nothing to do with basketball. Just another punk Laker moron.
    Oh yeah, I'm well aware of Markazi. He was on CNN before moving to ESPN, and I don't recall him ever writing anything that didn't ride Kobe or LA's d!ck in some fashion.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 07-28-2010 at 09:46 PM.

write this about a normal, everyday human being and the author is considered a stalker. but since it is Lebron it's ok to write down his every move and every word that is uttered out of his mouth.

kind of creepy to me

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    He's always rolled like this ... only people he needs to worry about stabbing him is disgruntled Clevelanders.
    I think you're underestimating all the crazy ass jealous people out there.

Is this a shock to anyone? ESPN backs LeBron to the fullest. They are the network that aired "The Decision." If you want real news about LeBron, check out Yahoo! Sports and Adrian Wojnarowski.

lol@ LeBron nut riders always madd at Kobe fans...

Your boy is getting killed by everyone....Jordan, Magic, Bird, Barkley exc....Not just Kobe fans...STFU, deal with it and stop using Kobe fans as your punkass outlet...Sit down you f*cking pusse's.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
    write this about a normal, everyday human being and the author is considered a stalker. but since it is Lebron it's ok to write down his every move and every word that is uttered out of his mouth.

kind of creepy to me
    err he's a reporter covering an event, an event he was covering for ESPN and was expensed by ESPN to cover, an event james was paid 6 fugures to host, an event with security who made sure everyone was credentialed...

this is not some stalker, it's a reporter doing his job.. he did it, and some people were obviously not happy about it....lol

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    err he's a reporter covering an event, an event he was covering for ESPN and was expensed by ESPN to cover, an event james was paid 6 fugures to host, an event with security who made sure everyone was credentialed...

this is not some stalker, it's a reporter doing his job.. he did it, and some people were obviously not happy about it....lol
    Markazi is actually a DC native and is a wizards fan (know this through mutual friends), but hey the Bron cult has him grouped him with the other "haters" aka the rest of america.