Decent playground baller

Default Re: NBA Player Height ?

someone has to take their anger pills

NBA rookie of the year

Man, this thread backfired.

Serious playground baller

only way to standardize, as someone said.

It's like saying players should play with 3 inch heels if they wanna be seven feet.

The day a player goes onto an NBA court at their height w/out shoes, then you all will be right

Bottomline...

I agree to the fact a player should be listed at their height w/out shoes but my point is, does that player stand that tall on the court?

They obviously don't. All that matters, is how tall u stand wearing your game shoes.

I don't care how many ppl disagreed w/ me, it just makes the number of idiots higher.

This thread backfired in the aspect of showing how stupid so many posters are when it comes to NBA player height on the court during a game.

U all can say Rose is 6'1, but when he steps on the court with his shoes, he is 6'2+ and that isn't an opinion, its a fact.

Just like when an NBA player takes the court, no matter how much or how little a shoe adds to your actual height, you are taller, and that is also a fact.

Unless one of you *****es is gonna now tell me shoes don't add nething to your height.
    Which wouldn't suprise me in the least, with as much, or should I say as little intelligence is flying around this thread.

Very good NBA starter

Not all shoes give the same height. Some have less than 3/4" soles. Some have over 1.5". But at the end.. who gives a sh!t??? It's only 1 or 2 inch difference. you're going ape sh!t over nothing.

"He's 6'1"!"

"NO HE"S NOT. HE'S 6'1 and 3 quarters! SO HE'S PRECISELY 6'2 and a five-eighths in SHOES"!!!"

"dude, he's only 6'1!!"

uh.....

WHO CARES?!!? Take some meds if you are getting soo worked up over this.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    I agree to the fact a player should be listed at their height w/out shoes but my point is, does that player stand that tall on the court?
    So if you agree they should be listed their without shoes then you shouldn't have a problem with someone calling them that height.

They obviously don't. All that matters, is how tall u stand wearing your game shoes.
    Then why would you agree that a player should be listed at their without shoes height?

I don't care how many ppl disagreed w/ me, it just makes the number of idiots higher.
    If you don't care if people agree with you then don't make a thread asking if anyone agrees with you.

U all can say Rose is 6'1, but when he steps on the court with his shoes, he is 6'2+ and that isn't an opinion, its a fact.
    His shoes make him 6'2.5" yes but all of the other players get an inch taller as well so it doesn't matter.

Just like when an NBA player takes the court, no matter how much or how little a shoe adds to your actual height, you are taller, and that is also a fact.
    So if someone asks you your height when you're walking down the street do you state your height in shoes or your real height?

Unless one of you *****es is gonna now tell me shoes don't add nething to your height.
    Which wouldn't suprise me in the least, with as much, or should I say as little intelligence is flying around this thread.
    Once again you're getting all worked up because nobody agrees with you.

The bottom line is Rose is 6'1 1/2" just like Deron Williams is 6'1 3/4", Chris Paul is 5'11 3/4", Jason Kidd is 6'3", Steve Nash is 6'1" ect.

Rose is not undersized at all for a PG and nobody is suggesting he is so I don't know where you're going with this. If anything Rose is on the tall side for a PG although I don't know why he was listed 6'4".

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

VCMVP and I have a disagreement that needs settling.Even though I'm right.

When it comes to NBA players,which height measurement matters more...

With shoes or without shoes?

I think the answer is common sense and beyond obvious.
    clearly the proper and correct measurement for height is without shoes. It is common sense and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Rose is not undersized at all for a PG and nobody is suggesting he is so I don't know where you're going with this. If anything Rose is on the tall side for a PG although I don't know why he was listed 6'4".
    cause he likes to play in 3" platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Without Shoes Measurement

Just like in the Euroleague, and Australia.
    and the reality of biological measurement.

The day a player goes onto an NBA court at their height w/out shoes, then you all will be right

Bottomline...

but it only really matters if the other guy isnt wearing shoes. they're all wearing shoes, so who cares. Yeah! 1 big ****ign shoefest all around. if they are all measured at their biological height, and then they all put on shoes that add an 1 to 2 then it doesnt really matter. man, im going to predraft with some ****ing 6" pimp shoes with goldfish for my measurement.

I am a basketball player, so when someone asks me my height I say 6'3, because when I am on the court, that is how tall I am.

I got nothing else to say. You view people's height in the NBA w/out their shoes, and I view their height with shoes added because that's how tall they are on the court.

Why do they take measurements for shoes on at the pre-draft camp?

Cuz that's how tall they are on the court when they play. It's not like everyone or even close to the majority of players wear some bogus shoes that add 2 or 3 inches.

ALL THAT MATTERS IN THE NBA IS WITH SHOES ON. NOBODY PLAYS IN THEIR SOCKS OR BARE FEET. I will say it over and over again.

I couldnt give a flying frypan either way.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Without shoes for the following reasons.

1.Height is trivial in the NBA anyway so why not list the correct height?
    2.It makes more sense with the players height and wingspan.
    3.NFL players wear shoes when they play but they aren't measured in them and then aren't measured in their helmets either.
    4.People are very interested in NBA players heights because they are so unusually tall so they would want to know their actual height.

The bottom line is the average person when they hear someones height assumes it's their height done in bare feet, if a players height is listed in shoes that should be noted.

Even David Stern said they only list some players above their actual height for hype.
    thats right

If it means I get to be 6'0 or 6'1, then sure, I'll go with height with shoes

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

First off the height is overhyped, I think the rael thing to look at is length. I'm 5' 11 3/4" but I have a 6' 3 3/4" wingspan. So when I'm on the court it's not my height that is important, I'm not blocking shots with my head, it's my length, and ability to stretch out for the block, steal, catch, etc.

Secondly to answer your question it's without shoes. Because that is the real height. You can change shoes and be taller depending on the type of shoe. You could be wearing 8 inch shoes (for whatever reason) and be 6' 10" but when you take them off you are 6' 2"

Obviously it's an extreme example, but you get the point. The shoes is ridiculous unless you wear the same pair of shoes forever.