Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Rookie of the year being announced live in 1 hour

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    no fcking sh!t...
    Then obviously a "revenge" performance is an absurd premise.

Blu Ray

Default Re: Tyreke Evans wins Rookie of Year

Closer than I thought it would be. Looks like people payed attention to Curry.

No brainer Evans was the ROY but I kinda wondered if Curry would make it where they were CO-ROY. Curry finished avg 17.5ppg 5.9apg 4.3rpg 1.9spg. And was one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA stroking 44% of his 3's. 6th in 3pt made and 7th in 3pt %. Crazy. I wouldnt have made a stink if they split it.
    Last edited by GOBB; 04-29-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Closer than I thought it would be. Looks like people payed attention to Curry.

Considering what the warriors did, it's hard to ignore him.

The Warriors' campaign for Curry wasn't as public, but was quite in-depth when it came to attempting to sway voters. Golden State PR personnel are believed to have contacted nearly every voter outside of Sacramento by phone or e-mail (or in some cases both) with a detailed case for Curry based primarily on his shooting efficiency, his five games with at least 30 points and 10 assists and his improved numbers over the second half of the season. In the pitch, Golden State boasted that although Evans won the rookie scoring title by a substantial distance (20.1 to 17.5), if you only count Curry's numbers after December 31, he would averaged (21.1 points). Evans averaged just over 20 points per game from January on.

In contacting voters immediately after Golden State's regular season finale against the Blazers, in which Curry racked up 42/9/8 against a team sitting Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Marcus Camby, Warriors PR boss Raymond Ridder told voters that if they had already voted for Evans or Jennings, they could still contact the NBA to change their vote to Curry.

Talking Re: Brandon Jennings is ROTY

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
    Bogut took HIS team to the playoffs.
    So did Blair. Even though he didn't win Blair is doing an awesome job for the Spurs!!!
    Last edited by ScolaFan; 04-29-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Default Re: Brandon Jennings is ROTY

i honestly dont think brandon jennings is good at all. he has one hell of an ugly shot and i just dont trust him on the court. curry and evans are light years ahead of him. in 5 years, they will be superstars, and jennings will be buried on some shitty team's bench

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

WHYYYY KNIIIIIIIIIIIICKS WHYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 pick from Curry
    passed on BJ

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    WHYYYY KNIIIIIIIIIIIICKS WHYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 pick from Curry
    passed on BJ
    Hey, just be glad you are not a T-Wolves fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Considering what the warriors did, it's hard to ignore him.
    How is it hard to ignore him based on an isolated incident where they targeted a specific area? Come on.

People ignore Curry based on him being a Warrior given the system run there. They question any and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SRZ66
    i honestly dont think brandon jennings is good at all. he has one hell of an ugly shot and i just dont trust him on the court. curry and evans are light years ahead of him. in 5 years, they will be superstars, and jennings will be buried on some shitty team's bench
    You're smoking some good ass marijuana. You might wanna pass it if you keep posting this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How is it hard to ignore him based on an isolated incident where they targeted a specific area? Come on.
    WTF are you talking about?

The guy said the voters didn't ignore Curry.

I responded by saying it's hard to ignore him when they get calls from the warriors staff rallying for Curry.

People ignore Curry based on him being a Warrior given the system run there. They question any and everything.
    People don't ignore curry. You are contradicting yourself. You say people ignore him, but then they must think about his situation enough to put some context around his statistical production. And that's the same for other guys as well. Nobody who pays attention to the NBA ignores the guy.

You're smoking some good ass marijuana. You might wanna pass it if you keep posting this stuff.
    You are such a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    People don't ignore curry. You are contradicting yourself. You say people ignore him, but then they must think about his situation enough to put some context around his statistical production. And that's the same for other guys as well. Nobody who pays attention to the NBA ignores the guy.
    Hardly contradicting myself genius. People who talk about Curry being in GSW are diehard basketball fans. Casual bball fans are clueless. People ignore Curry are the casual bball fans. Everyone in the NBA isnt followed by people who watch the NBA. Casual fans gravitate towards the star being pushed. Thats why the NBA promotes individual players and not teams.

Contradiction denied.

You are such a dumbass.
    Yes because what he said made sense. Who is the real dumbass here?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Hardly contradicting myself genius. People who talk about Curry being in GSW are diehard basketball fans. Casual bball fans are clueless.
    AND CASUAL FANS DON'T HAVE A VOTE FOR ROY DUMBASS. Again, go read the CONTEXT of my comment to which you responded:

"Closer than I thought it [voting results] would be. Looks like people payed attention to Curry."

"Considering what the warriors did [calling up the voters], it's hard to ignore him."

"People [casual basketball fans] ignore Curry..."

So please tell me why you felt the need to respond with nonsense about the casual basketball fan when we were clearly talking about the ROY award and it's voting results.

Contradiction denied.
    You are a dumbass.

You say the casual fan ignores curry, because they are clueless. But prior to that you said the basis for them ignoring him was the system they run in GS. So how could the casual basketball fan, who knows little about the game, be able to consider the offensive style of play when thinking about a player's statistical production in his situation?

Contradiction is evident.
    Last edited by Showtime; 04-29-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Sheeeit Stuckey ballin Jumpman10135's Avatar

Default How in the hell is Reke ROY?

I know some other certain rook who is taking his team to the second round.

Default Re: How in the hell is Reke ROY?

20-5-5.

Default Re: How in the hell is Reke ROY?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman10135
    I know some other certain rook who is taking his team to the second round.
    You mean DeJuan Blair?