Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Oklahoma City Thunder vs Los Angeles Clippers

Who's better right now and who would you bet on in a series?

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Los Angeles Clippers

I'm gonna say OKC. Can't exactly explain why, but that's who I'm rolling with. Guess it's cause of Durant. Nobody on the Clippers can stop him or really even slow him down. The Clips have the better bench, but OKC has Martin coming in giving 17+ consistently.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

The Clippers are playing better ball but at the end of the day I don't really see them winning anything.

High School Starter

Could very well b wcf hope for clipps but god knows who wins wld b great series

Dunking on everybody in the park

If Perkins plays 20+ minutes every game then i have Clippers sweeping OKC

I'm taking OKC, But I'm a Thunder fan. Still I don't see how they can beat us in the playoffs in case we meet. OKC goes into beast+ mode during postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    I'm taking OKC, But I'm a Thunder fan. Still I don't see how they can beat us in the playoffs in case we meet. OKC goes into beast+ mode during postseason.
    Durant and Westbrook certainly do. Be interesting of Kevin Martin can play in the playoffs like he is now

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Its the enemy from within.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

OKC. Depth is close to irrelevant in the playoffs, since everybody shortens their rotation and the edge LAC's 2nd stringers currently enjoy against other teams' benches simply won't exist in the playoffs. The playoffs are all about your core 3-4 players, coaching and defense. OKC's best 4 are much better than LAC's, they have the best player and the coaching is a toss up. The only edge LAC does have is their D, which has surprisingly been elite this year(ranked #2) while OKC's merely above average(#11) on that end of the floor. If LAC can somehow maintain that level on defense all year, which I highly doubt to begin with, VDN's teams have a history of being awful defensively, then I can see LAC stretching a 7 games series to 6, but no more.

OKC, they can neutralize the Clips athleticism and just destroy them late in the game with there two superstars.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Durant = Paul

Blake > Westbrook (especially in a playoff series where you know Russ will try too much)

DJ >>>>>>>> Perkins (by a mile, and DJ has been playing great when posting up)

Crawford > Martin (I would slap the shit out of any ***** that thinks K Mart has ever been a equal or better player than Mal)

Ibaka > Butler (Caron has a lot of experience and his game is made to be effective in the playoffs so I think Caron could impact a series as much as Ibaka, but Ibaka will block shots and rebound fasho and you cant just ignore that)

I dont know what the **** is wrong with the few people in this thread, but if you think OKC has a better core 4 then you are blowed as ****. As a team (not even talking bench depth) the Clippers are put together perfectly, everybody plays off each other and OKC does not do that at all. They dont move the ball at anywhere near the level the Clippers do. GTFOH you uneducated on basketball ass ******, only a fool would say some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Durant = Paul

Blake > Westbrook (especially in a playoff series where you know Russ will try too much)

Crawford > Martin (I would slap the shit out of any ***** that thinks K Mart has ever been a equal or better player than Mal)

Ibaka > Butler (Caron has a lot of experience and his game is made to be effective in the playoffs so I think Caron could impact a series as much as Ibaka, but Ibaka will block shots and rebound fasho and you cant just ignore that)

I dont know what the **** is wrong with the few people in this thread, but if you think OKC has a better core 4 then you are blowed as ****. As a team (not even talking bench depth) the Clippers are put together perfectly, everybody plays off each other and OKC does not do that at all. They dont move the ball at anywhere near the level the Clippers do. GTFOH you uneducated on basketball ass ******, only a fool would say some shit like that.

Good High School Starter

chris paul will not lose if hes that close to his first ring...so clippers

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Durant = Paul

I think we all stopped reading right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I'm gonna say OKC. Can't exactly explain why, but that's who I'm rolling with. Guess it's cause of Durant. Nobody on the Clippers can stop him or really even slow him down. The Clips have the better bench, but OKC has Martin coming in giving 17+ consistently.
    Actually, the Clippers have had the MOST success defending Durant during his young career. According to DJ Foster (ESPN): ..." the Clippers have had Kevin Durant's number for a while now. In their past nine matchups, Durant is shooting just 40.8 percent from the field and has more turnovers (34) than assists (29)."

Also, your assessment that "Nobody on the Clippers can stop him..." is precisely TRUE. But then again, no ONE player can stop Durant. The Clippers happen to be playing some of the best TEAM defense AND offense. So, although Matt Barnes doesn't have a good chance of guarding Durant one on one, best believe any combination of: Paul, Griffin, Jordan, Butler, Odom, and Bledsoe (for goodness sake, THIS player alone could improve any team's chances on "D") can at least make it difficult for any player to score.

Finally, the Clippers bench is NO JOKE. According to NBA.com