Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 LastLast

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

Perkins, if healthy is the perfect fit for OKC, they didn't need another star, Westbrook and Durant is more than enough, and with the raw talent of Ibaka, and Harden, all four guys 22 or under, scary prospect going forward. Plus they still have Sefolosha, one of the most underrated stoppers in the league, and decent enough depth with Maynor, Robinson, Collison and Nazr Mohammed.

I hope this move doesn't affect the Celtics too much, want to see them in the Finals again, Green may allow having Pierce and Garnett on the bench for longer which is good, will be tough matching up against the Magic or Lakers, Celtics may be better off getting the second seed and letting the Heat take on the Magic, and Celtics take on the Bulls who they match up better against.

Interesting developments all in all.

I wonder why Ainge didnt go for Thabeet.

Saw a basketball once

it's a completely weird trade for boston mainly because kerstic he's one of those euro big guy's that are not very tough in the post and mainly get there points from set shot's from pick and pop situation's . however u already have that in kg who his one of the best in the league in doing that , that's way perk was so good for boston he did what he was suppose to do get rebounds play hard and strong and fight against howard and andrew . now regarding green i mean he is a good young player that his tough and can rebound the ball but they already had that in big baby i would rather have left little nate there coming of the bench and scoring the ball , the fact of the matter his that with that team they went to the finals last year and played great against the lakers .

Saw a basketball once

it's a completely weird trade for boston mainly because kerstic he's one of those euro big guy's that are not very tough in the post and mainly get there points from set shot's from pick and pop situation's . however u already have that in kg who his one of the best in the league in doing that , that's way perk was so good for boston he did what he was suppose to do get rebounds play hard and strong and fight against howard and andrew . now regarding green i mean he is a good young player that his tough and can rebound the ball but they already had that in big baby i would rather have left little nate there coming of the bench and scoring the ball , the fact of the matter his that with that team they went to the finals last year and played great against the lakers .

from a pure basketball stand point this move makes no sense !
    i'll say it again

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Danny seems to be looking 2 years from now when Ray and KG are gone.
    Ainge is looking far ahead, but why everyone is thinking Ray with KG will be gone? IMO they'll simply re-sign for cheap, allowing Celtics to get max contract superstar in 2012, while keep playing near-All star level for few more years. Ray can shoot jumpers till he is 40, and KG also adjusting to his aging body and still very effective. If he talk about Garnett as DPOY candidate at this age and post-injury, he still have some years left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    I don't know if you're being serious but Boston would have killed Thabeet if he went there. He needed to go to a team where he has time to work behind the scenes to get better and the team allows him to have a sort of learning curve. Houston fits that, Boston would be furious. Also I don't know what Boston would have given up but I think Memphis would have traded Thabeet and a pick for Erden and Harangody.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa

That would make it much worse for him.

Erden >>>>>>> That bust.

Boston just hurt their chances of beating LA.
    Funny how Green was drafted by Boston originally, and used as the trade chip to get Ray Allen.

DGARAS
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    No...
    yes...

lol@you thinking Perkins isn't the best man defender in this league. i'm a knick fan and i hate the celtics. i can acknowledge when a player is good.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i dont know why people are so upset about losing perkins.

simple the guy doesnt want to money that boston is offering him. It is clear that marquis daniels cant be the backup for pierce.

with this move boston will have more depth at the guard rotation.

something that we've always wanted.

I know perk is good in the middle but he is a liability offensively i cant say krystic is an upgrade but better offensively.

Garnett is still the anchor of the c's defense. when kg got injured we all know what happened. This season perk has been out for quite a number of games and celtics is still on top.

People seem to overrate perk to much and dont know who jeff green is. The guy is good in defense too. that will help pierce in guarding the lebrons the durants the melo . pierce cant do it all. there are far more dangerous wings in the league than dominant center. The only center that would be a problem is D12 no can guard him. maybe a prime shaq can but now no one.

and besides right now its only D12 that is playing for his team.

We still have more room for vets. lets just wait and see.

I think its a good trade for both teams.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGARAS
    yes...

lol@you thinking Perkins isn't the best man defender in this league. i'm a knick fan and i hate the celtics. i can acknowledge when a player is good.

perk should have one dpoy already he has been a celtic for a long time..........

darn it .... he is good but he isnt the best defender in the league ...

he is better than most centers but not the best. and he has been hurt dont pretend that he is still gonna get better.

am sure jeff green will still be better.

but perk as much as i like him unless there will be a miracle he wont get better but hopefully doesnt get injured. i like okc so i hope perk stays healthy if not they could have gotten a better player for green.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I think Perk is an underrated post scorer because of the Celtic's offense. He'll get more touches with OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    i dont know why people are so upset about losing perkins.

simple the guy doesnt want to money that boston is offering him. It is clear that marquis daniels cant be the backup for pierce.
    Losing Perkins was like losing an important family member unexpectedly. Some fans threw out ideas of trading Perkins, but no one was seriously considering those trades. Fans where waiting all season to get Perk back and they got to see him come back early. We were excited because the team's true potential would be brought out once the other guys came back from injury.

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    I think Perk is an underrated post scorer because of the Celtic's offense. He'll get more touches with OKC.
    Perk had Rondo creating multiple great opportunities to score on a nightly basis. His lack of explosiveness and his less than desired hands make him an offensive liability. Perk's movements are pretty mechanical and his post moves look so ugly. He isn't going to be as a potentially great scorer as you thought he is going to be.

He shoots, he bricks. Mr. Grieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    The only center that would be a problem is D12 no can guard him. maybe a prime shaq can but now no one.
    Lol I guess you didn't watch the Christmas day games? Don't remember Magic vs. Celtics?

OLD Shaq and Howard were going one on one and BOTH were getting shut down on offense. The only thing that ruined this match up were the refs and their pu$$y calls.

The truth is, Boston really missed Tony Allen!
    They missed his energy, his athleticism.
    Boston really didn't have any great wings, other than Ray and Pierce.
    Marquis Daniels did a decent job filling the void after Tony Allen left, but then he got hurt, and at one point this season, Boston's whole bench was all injured except Glen Davis and Avery Bradley(who never plays).

Then suddenly, Paul Pierce became the only guy on the roster that could actually check LeBron and Melo, those big wings. Boston couldn't rely on Pierce as their only SF in the entire playoffs, so they badly needed another wing.

They could afford to get rid of Perkins, because
    1. Perkins was about to payed about 8 Mil a year, and is not worth thatm uch
    2. Perkins is a great defensive big, but a liablity on offense, not to mention, a 26 year old that was injury prone
    3.In Crunch time, Glen Davis often takes Perkins spot, because Perkins and Rondo are both poor FT shooters and Perkins is very limited on offense
    4. Orlando is really the only team in the East that they badly need Perkins, not for Chicago or Miami.
    5. By shipping Perkins to OKC, they help OKC wipe out LA Lakers
    6. Kevin Garnett is the anchor of Boston Defense anyways, as Perkins was out early season, and Boston was still on the top

Jeff Green is a very versaille forward, and gives Boston much more flexibility, they could become more athletic because of him. He would be a solid backup behind Paul Pierce.
    Since KG changed Paul and Ray, and made them all better defenders, maybe he can up Green's level of play. Green just might become a better rebounder.

On OKC's side,this trade helped them too, so they can compete with thje Lakers and Spurs. This trade gives them more size, a front-court of Serge Ibaka, Perkins, Durant, with Mohammed and Nick Collision as backups, that's scary.
    Not to mention Jeff Green was often overshadowed by Kevin Durant, they both play the same positions naturally, starting Green at the 4 was not nearly effective, and Jeff Green is too good to be coming off the bench.

Overall this trade helped both teams imo.