Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Is OKC a Complete team after this Draft ??

I thought OKC had a TERRIFIC draft, one of the better ones by far.

With 3 big guys, there's a very good chance that at least one of them will develop into a startnig calibur NBA center. I'd consider moving Green to a super 6th man role ala Odom and consider starting Ibaka at PF for the size and Aldrich at C.

PG: Westbrook/Maynor
    SG: Sefalosha/Harden
    SF: Durant/Green
    PF: Ibaka/Green
    C: Aldrich/Ibaka/One of the other picks

Easily the brightest team of the future

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat

With 3 big guys, there's a very good chance that at least one of them will develop into a startnig calibur NBA center. I'd consider moving Green to a super 6th man role ala Odom and consider starting Ibaka at PF for the size and Aldrich at C.

don't forget krstic

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat

I doubt Ibaka will start over Green. All i can say is that OKC has seemingly had like 3 perfect drafts in a row. They now are a better/more talented young team then POR ever was. I'm going to guess they will be a 4 seed next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    They need still need a veteran Guard(SG) who can guard the likes of wade and kobe.

Shane Battier to OKC would be awesome.
    Sefolosha is an elite defensive guard. When Wade and Kobe are ON, no one can really guard them. But he does as good as anyone in the league. And Harden has a ton of potential to be a very good SG in this league.

-----

The Thunder aren't complete, but they're a 50 win team that would have gotten better just by aging. Aldrich was the PERFECT guy to get in this draft. They didn't need a C who needed touches. They needed a C to play D and rebound. He's a safe pick.

They might be a year away still, but now there is soooo many options with the lineup it isn't funny.

And they have a freaking Clippers #1 pick. That's insane. That means they could be adding another Top 5 talent to a team stacked with them that seems to really get drafting better then anyone else right now. I just wonder what year that 1st is gonna be. Either 11 or 12 I'd figure.

All OKC did was add Cole Aldrich. Why is thier draft getting praised so much?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    They added multiple big men as insurance to increase the chances of a hit for their big men. They got additional first round picks for the future from the Clippers, with knowing their luck and West competition, might very well be a lottery pick. They also got another stud in Bledsoe who will be plenty of competition to Maynor for the back up PG spot. That my friend is a very good draft, unlike my Knicks....
    seriously... Andy f*cking Rautins and Landry Fields....

edit: nvm, Bledsoe was traded lmao
    Last edited by Snoop_Cat; 06-25-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Because it is the cool thing to do... hype up all up and coming teams. Hell, the Portland and Chicago bandwagons of a few years ago were the same way....

tibor pleiss , dude was projected to be a first rounder.

a clippers future first round pick, likeley to be a prety high

The Thunder managed to turn their 2nd Rnd pick into a Clippers #1 pick via Miami's pick that Miami gave up because they wanted cap space. Which as we all know will be a lottery pick because it's the freaking Clippers.

They managed to get Aldrich, a great fit for the team at their biggest and really only weak spot, even though he was a lottery pick and they had no picks high enough to get him.

Nice potential pick at the top of Rnd 2 that. And Reid is a whatever and I've seen him play a ton and don't think a lot of him.

But those first two things are just pure gold.

For what they gave up for Cole Aldrich? I applaud the move. But Tibor Pliess must be someone Presti fell in love with. No clue who the hell that kid is. Hassan Whiteside was right there as well. Another projected first round pick. Ryan Reid was a wasted pick. He must have had a great combine or workout for them to take a chance on him.

That LAC first rd pick is protected.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

But Tibor Pliess must be someone Presti fell in love with. No clue who the hell that kid is.
    The best German prospect since Dirk. Well, the only prospect since Dirk. But I seriousl doubt he ever comes to the NBA. And if he does, I have doubts he will be anything above a Bruno Sundov type player.

For what they gave up for Cole Aldrich? I applaud the move. But Tibor Pliess must be someone Presti fell in love with. No clue who the hell that kid is. Hassan Whiteside was right there as well. Another projected first round pick. Ryan Reid was a wasted pick. He must have had a great combine or workout for them to take a chance on him.

have you even watched tibor pleiss play? dude already has a very good feel on offense, and you can tell he tries and is very smart on defense although his body still needs to get stronger. i think he wil be serge ibaka type of sleeper.

Unless it's through 2050 it won't matter, it will be a lottery pick.

NBA Finals

i would say they're close, but still not there yet. after trading Maynor they now have a need for backup PG but that wont be much of a problem considering that they have $$$ and that backup PG wont be playing much anyway.

PG: Russell Westbrook
    SG: Thabo Sefolosha / James Harden
    SF: Kevin Durant / Kyle Weaver / Serge Ibaka
    PF: Cole Aldrich / Jeff Green / Serge Ibaka
    C: Nenad Kristic / Nick Collison / BJ Mullens

i think that's the lineup OKC should go with. they now have 6 servicable big, a superstar in KD, and a good supporting cast. Jeff Green would make a good 6th man too. they already have enough firepower in the starting unit with Westbrook and Durant. Green could help the bench, along with James Harder and whoever they sign as backup PG

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    Unless it's through 2050 it won't matter, it will be a lottery pick.
    It matters when people assume the pick if thiers next draft. Smarten up