Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: E3 2013 June 11-13

No always online?!

No new DRM?!

399?!

Said it in another thread just now, but I've been converted. Not so much Sony winning me over, more Microsoft pushing me away.

NBA 2K14 reveal was sweet, and only pre-alpha too, was impressive.

I can only assume the NBA Live 14 gameplay will be horrible, but honestly? Their little reveal trailer didn't actually look bad graphics wise. Though knowing them, it's probably no more than a cinematic trailer. Either way, I think they've actually fixed the ridiculously small lettering and number on the back of the jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Given the $399 price and retaining the ability to play used games, it's a cost that I would be willing to pay. I just wish they were more upfront about it.

It's crazy how " being able to play used games" seems like an extra feature now with physical copies. It should simply be there.
    Me as well, it's crazy sneaky the only mention about it we've had so far is a couple of small lines of text in a small video mocking Microsoft. I'm not quite alright with it myself, I think they're just doing it out of greed. They had their model, which users liked and which separated them from the competition. They released an optional PS+ (or whatever the name is), which is quite successful. Why change it now and make everyone pay? I don't use online nearly enough to justify paying a subscription, and I'm sure there are many other like me. They are going to make us pay for a service we will barely use, or be rid of our ability to play online. It doesn't feel right to me at all. Furthermore, I can stress enough how badly we Europeans are getting screwed with the price. PS4 will cost the equivalent of 300 EUR in the US, and we'll have to pay 400 EUR here. I like most things I've seen about the device so far, but these two points really upset me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Furthermore, I can stress enough how badly we Europeans are getting screwed with the price. PS4 will cost the equivalent of 300 EUR in the US, and we'll have to pay 400 EUR here. I like most things I've seen about the device so far, but these two points really upset me.
    Isn't the $399 ex. VAT in the US, while the €399 is inc. VAT in Europe?

Of course, we are still getting screwed, but the US equivalence is €360, not €300.

[QUOTE=LJJ]Isn't the $399 ex. VAT in the US, while the

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Me as well, it's crazy sneaky the only mention about it we've had so far is a couple of small lines of text in a small video mocking Microsoft. I'm not quite alright with it myself, I think they're just doing it out of greed. They had their model, which users liked and which separated them from the competition. They released an optional PS+ (or whatever the name is), which is quite successful. Why change it now and make everyone pay? I don't use online nearly enough to justify paying a subscription, and I'm sure there are many other like me. They are going to make us pay for a service we will barely use, or be rid of our ability to play online. It doesn't feel right to me at all. Furthermore, I can stress enough how badly we Europeans are getting screwed with the price. PS4 will cost the equivalent of 300 EUR in the US, and we'll have to pay 400 EUR here. I like most things I've seen about the device so far, but these two points really upset me.
    Think about it like this: The console is $399, you get tons of games to go along with the subscription, and keeping servers up for games isn't cheap. I have no problem paying as long as it is fluid and non-buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Think about it like this: The console is $399, you get tons of games to go along with the subscription, and keeping servers up for games isn't cheap. I have no problem paying as long as it is fluid and non-buggy.
    Well yes, I guess I will have to bite the bullet eventually. I abandoned PC gaming in favor of PS a long time ago, and I really don't feel like going back to it.

PS4 just hit M$ with a haymaker. TKO

nintendo sucks

Banned

is wii u still not selling too well? (although i heard wii u sales spiked up after xbox one announcement lol)
    i wonder if nintendo will ever have to go down the path of sega.. and not develop a console. obviously keep making handhelds... but become a sole video game developer for consoles.
    wishful thinking i guess...

man if i could play some bad ass nintendo games on a ps4... damn id be a happy camper :p

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Poor M$. I genuinely feel bad for them.

The only thing I'm concerned about is if you're a PS+ member now will gaikai stream the ps+ games you already have when it's available? Or do I need to keep my ps3 around.
    You feel bad for a billion dollar company?

The Division looks sick.

I'll be getting the Xbox one

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    You feel bad for a billion dollar company?
    Really I feel bad for everyone who works under Ballmer and what he's turned that company into. In probably the next decade they won't even be profitable anymore.

Mildly bummed by Nintendo's presser, but oh well. Wii U is still a fun device, and overall I can't really complain about buying one except lack of games but those are coming.