Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 387885868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1357

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Marshall is going to declare? Wow. Alrighty then.

I wonder about Quincy Miller?
    From what I'm gather, Marshall was 100% coming back until he broke his wrist. It's not official nor has it been announced, but word is Marshall, Barnes, and Henson met with Roy at some point in the last day or two and told him they were going to the NBA or at least leaning towards going to the NBA.

The hardest one to understand is McAdoo. He has a couple of breakout/big games in the ACC and NCAA tournament and all of a sudden he's ready? And it's not like UNC was repeatedly feeding him the ball and the post and he was making a move and scoring. Most of his points in those games were hustle points off steals out top or a few offensive rebounds putbacks. In terms of "one-and-done" his stats are very underwhelming for a kid going pro after one year in college: 6.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 43% FG, 64% FT. Someone on the UNC message board posted the stats of some other recent one-and-done players who had similarly underwhelming statistical seasons in college. McAdoo's numbers are slightly worse than DeAndre Jordan's and only slightly better than Daniel Orton's. Unfortunately for McAdoo he's 2-3 inches shorter than Jordan and, despite being a extremely good (and raw) athlete himself, he's nowhere near as athletic as Jordan.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-28-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Another one of Bernie Fine's accusers admitted to making the whole damn thing up.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

LSU just hired Jonny Jones, wonder if Tony Mitchell regrets going back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    LSU just hired Jonny Jones, wonder if Tony Mitchell regrets going back to school.
    he can still leave for the nba, and ive heard that hes likely gone

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    As mentioned he can leave. Unless I'm wrong, there NCAA deadline is just for someone to decide if they are returning or not. Returning only means you will decide officially when the NBA deadline comes around (weeks later). If he decided to bolt for the NBA after the NCAA deadline? Then he's screwed changing his mind when the NBA deadline to declare rolls around.

I believe this is right.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

So Larry Brown might be the new coach for....Southern Methodist?

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    So Larry Brown might be the new coach for....Southern Methodist?
    Yep, they hired him...strange.

Rick Pitinos' son replace Isiah Thomas as Head Coach of FIU.

Pat Summitt retired. Plans to stay on as an advisor for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    TJ McConnell transfering from Duquesne. Apparently he wants to play for a bigger school.
    He is staying with the Pitt connection and will play for Sean Miller at Arizona. I think it will be a really good pick-up for them.

Anyone know why UNC is not going after Bennett? They have an NIT-bound team so far, adding Bennett can make them a 10-12 seed in NCAA tournament next year at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Anyone know why UNC is not going after Bennett? They have an NIT-bound team so far, adding Bennett can make them a 10-12 seed in NCAA tournament next year at worst.
    How? UNC brings back just as much as other teams who are being tabbed as top 10-15 teams next year? If they somehow got Bennett (not happening) he would make them a legit Final Four caliber team. Not a 10-12 seed in the NCAA tournament. God, your stupidity never ceases to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    He is staying with the Pitt connection and will play for Sean Miller at Arizona. I think it will be a really good pick-up for them.
    Arizona has had a dynamite recruiting season, coming off a year in which they overachieved until the last two weeks of the season. Miller's a really good coach and a better recruiter. Hoping this means UofA vs UCLA will return some luster to what is a sad PAC 12.

Tell my ASU wife that I posted this and I'll deny it until my dying day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Dumber with every post.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Arizona has had a dynamite recruiting season, coming off a year in which they overachieved until the last two weeks of the season. Miller's a really good coach and a better recruiter. Hoping this means UofA vs UCLA will return some luster to what is a sad PAC 12.

Tell my ASU wife that I posted this and I'll deny it until my dying day.
    Yeah, I would love to see Miller back at Pitt as a coach but it looks like he will have Zona back as a perennial power soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    How? UNC brings back just as much as other teams who are being tabbed as top 10-15 teams next year? If they somehow got Bennett (not happening) he would make them a legit Final Four caliber team. Not a 10-12 seed in the NCAA tournament. God, your stupidity never ceases to amaze.
    How so? UNC lost almost everyone from that title contender team in 2012, except for McAdoo. If McAdoo hasnt returned they may as well end up in CBI, but with McAdoo they are a legit NIT team to me. They need more talents to contend for an NCAA tournament ticket, and I suppose UNC as a no.11 or no.12 seed is definitely scary for whoever becomes the no.5 or no.6 seed playing them.