PHX Suns

Record: 23-4

PG: Steve Nash, Rodrigue Berbois
    SG: Stephen Jackson, Daniel Gibson, Gerald Henderson
    SF: Gerald Wallace, James Johnson
    PF: Brandon Bass, Gani Lawal, Reggie Evans
    C: Shaq, Gortat, Nazr Muhammed

Picks: 2011 Raptors 1st round
    ( Raptors currently have the worst record in the league )

Off season Cap space: $8 million

Expirings: Nazr, Reggie Evans, Gani Lawal

[COLOR="Red"]QUESTION: WHO SHOULD I DRAFT WITH MY PICK?[/COLOR]

Next year's lineup will be...

PG: Nash, Berbois
    SG: Stephen Jackson, Boobie Gibson, Gerald Henderson
    PF: Brandon Bass
    C: Shaq, Gortat,

+ draft pick

Who should I draft since I am pretty well rounded? I downloaded the 2011 draft class.

Thanks

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    I have made major progress with my Suns association

PHX Suns

Record: 23-4

PG: Steve Nash, Rodrigue Berbois
    SG: Stephen Jackson, Daniel Gibson, Gerald Henderson
    PF: Brandon Bass, Gani Lawal, Reggie Evans
    C: Shaq, Gortat, Nazr Muhammed

Picks: 2011 Raptors 1st round
    ( Raptors currently have the worst record in the league )

Off season Cap space: $8 million

Expirings: Nazr, Reggie Evans, Gani Lawal

[COLOR="Red"]QUESTION: WHO SHOULD I DRAFT WITH MY PICK?[/COLOR]

Next year's lineup will be...

PG: Nash, Berbois
    SG: Stephen Jackson, Boobie Gibson, Gerald Henderson
    PF: Brandon Bass
    C: Shaq, Gortat,

+ draft pick

Who should I draft since I am pretty well rounded? I downloaded the 2011 draft class.

Thanks
    What number pick is it??

You obviously need another PF..... someone that can stretch the floor.

Derrick Williams, Marcus Morris, John Leuer, Kyle Singler, Montejuinas

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    What number pick is it??

You obviously need another PF..... someone that can stretch the floor.

Derrick Williams, Marcus Morris, John Leuer, Kyle Singler, Montejuinas

I won't know the number for awhile. I have it set on 82 games, so I am not even half way yet. The Raptors are the lowest rated team in the league and are on a losing streak with injury problems so there is every reason to believe that this pick should be at least top 5. Derrick Williams would be huge if I could land him.

Saw a basketball once

So after owning the game bit over a week, and a bit of testing with Hornets and the Bulls, I decided on the Magic.

Decided on a complete clear out and re-build around Howard. Took me a while to get the team I wanted, had to trade players and trade players again. But I did well and have a young team with plenty of potential.

3 games in now so can't remember exact trades but ended up with this team.

PG - Iverson / Wall

SG - Mayo / Von Wafer / Created Player

SF - Gay / Beasley / Hill (Was a free agent - purely for experience)

PF - Love / Griffin

C - Howard / M Gasol

First game at home against the Wizards - Got my first win since owning the game! To be fair, I put difficulty down to rookie as being a newbie I just couldn't get the hang of things on Pro.

Final score was 84 - 56. The game was actually really close up until the third quarter when I hit 20 compared to their 8. Gay finished top scorer with 18 odd. Can't get exact stats from the game for some reason.

Next up went to Miami to play the Heat who were without LBJ thanks to a broken back. Kept difficulty on Rookie and ended up winning surprisingly 86 - 67. Again was very close till the 3rd quarter when I blew em of the court 20 - 9. Wade top scored for them with twenty but was 3 - 23 with FG's! Points came from the free throw line. Bosh had 14 and was off target with 4 - 15 FG's. Chalmers hit 1 - 17! Funny thing is House and Bibby were not used!

Howard was the man for me with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Iverson chipped in 14 and Griffin followed with 11 points and 14 rebounds. Happy with result but obviously difficulty on Rookie so not getting ahead of myself.

Went to NY next to take on the Knicks. First and last quarter were close but made my run in the second scoring 24 - 11 and went on the third scoring 25 to 17. Ended up winning 90 - 62. Billups sucked in the first half and couldn't hit the target wide open. Was set alight in the second and too scored with 18. Carmelo was really active in the first and seemed like he couldn't miss, went quiet in the second half and ended up with 15.

Howard came up big for me again scoring 14 and 8 rebounds. Wall is starting to come along and ended up with 13 and 4 assists. Mayo (who hasn't scored a point thus far) surprised me with 13 points, 6 - 9 FG's and 1 - 1 3pt's.

Top of my division and at home to the Timberwolves next who are 1 - 3. Definitely upping the difficulty from now, but glad I'm getting the hang of it finally. Scouting Irving, Kanter and Singleton too.

Learning to shoot layups

I am riding a 6 game winning streak into a showdown with the Eastern Conference's best team, The New York Knicks. I am 29-4 and they are 28-7 so this is a battle of elite teams. My 4 losses have all came on the road and to western teams so I have confidence heading into this game. My record hides a lot of struggles as we have won close games, and also had a lot of easy games lately. The fact is I have lost to 2 playoff teams in the west lately so I have made improvements to try to change this before the deadline. I was in need of some assurance that I was heading in the right direction, and not making things worse.

Trade update: Realized after a scare in Sacramento that I needed more perimeter defense.

PHX Trades:

James Johnson
    Brandon Bass
    Gerald Henderson

Mem Trades:

Shane Battier
    Dorrel Arthur

I lost a solid player in Bass. Henderson was not getting used and we are super deep in the Gaurd position so I was looking to move him.

After making the trade, we jumped from 85 overall to 86. Our defense ratings also jumped and we already have the top offense. We are #5 overall in ratings.

Game vs. Lakers:

I had won the previous 2 meetings with this team. Once in OT tho, so I knew it was going to be tough. I inserted Battier into the lineup to gaurd Kobe. I cranked up the defensive pressure and made it to where Battier was in Kobe's grill right from the start. Kobe was 1-3 in the 1st half, and the Lakers shot 33 percent in the first quarter. Between Wallace, Gortat, and now Battier, my defense is getting good. They finished the half down by double digits with my Suns dictating the tempo.

Kobe came out cold again in the second half as Battier stole the ball from him, and forced another miss. The Lakers offense was thrown off and the lead kept building. Daniel Gibson has been lighting it up from 3 point land as of late and he was able to do the same here. With him, Shaq, Arthur, and Jackson all in double figures, our offense was clicking.

Kobe finally got things going and slammed one down in transition and knocked in a couple leaners but the game was all but over. He finished with 12 points. We rallied and won by 19 points for the most one sided victory of the 3 meetings.

I am excited because this is the first game where we really controlled the tempo on both ends. We have always had a solid offense, but we would lag on defense and rely on just out scoring the opponent. This game we set out on a mission to shut Kobe down and control the game, and while he did get 12, he was not the factor he was in the game that went to OT where he scored 28 points. This team is getting better all of the time.

Will update at some point following this Knicks game

Saw a basketball once

What do you guys think are some realistic trades for the Celtics? Kinda ruined my Magic association with unrealistic trades IMO. Opinions??

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns_Baller
    What do you guys think are some realistic trades for the Celtics? Kinda ruined my Magic association with unrealistic trades IMO. Opinions??
    Try to unload Shaq first off. While he is one of my favorite players, he retires at the end of each year. He is 77 overall so you should get pretty good trade value from a team needing size.

Keep the big 3 (Allen, Peirce, KG) The Celtics would never trade them. Rondo is a keeper as well as he runs the offense. I feel like you can unload both Green and Murphy depending on what offers you get. Try coupling these guys with your picks too as you know the Celtics picks will be low.

As far as team needs, probably the biggest hole is at center especially if you trade Shaq. Everywhere else they are pretty solid. This team has a lot of growth potential so it should be interesting

i can't figure out a decent trade to get CP3 to OKC.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    i can't figure out a decent trade to get CP3 to OKC.
    That would be epic. But I don't really understand why. Westbrook is a solid PG with a tremendous upside and a lot of potential. He is young too and with proper development, he can be easily molded into a low to mid 90s overall PG.

CP3 on the Thunder would be nice tho

That would be epic. But I don't really understand why. Westbrook is a solid PG with a tremendous upside and a lot of potential. He is young too and with proper development, he can be easily molded into a low to mid 90s overall PG.

CP3 on the Thunder would be nice tho
    I just want him there. I'm good with Westbrook, and I like the guy don't get me wrong. But I want cp3 there! plus the recent rumors that this trade might happen in real life.....made me want it.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I just want him there. I'm good with Westbrook, and I like the guy don't get me wrong. But I want cp3 there! plus the recent rumors that this trade might happen in real life.....made me want it.
    I understand, and that would definitely be a trade up. CP3 with KD would be sweet. I tend to do similar things when I hear rumors, or see great potential if a certain player was traded to a team. I have been working on a Bobcats association where I could try to land CP3 since there are rumors floating around that this may happen.

I understand, and that would definitely be a trade up. CP3 with KD would be sweet. I tend to do similar things when I hear rumors, or see great potential if a certain player was traded to a team. I have been working on a Bobcats association where I could try to land CP3 since there are rumors floating around that this may happen.
    The Bobcats are one of those rare teams where it's hard to really improve them. because they lack assets and friendly contracts. Good luck

Saw a basketball once

In need of some advice guys, what do you guys think would be more exciting and fun to play in association mode

Boston Celtics - Developing younger players for when the big 4 go or retire.

Or

New York Knicks - Rebuild the franchise into a competitor again?

Been mucking around with Boston and thought it would be cool to do one with them, but may find more challenging with the Knicks.

Any opinions?

I might have to go

Russy, Nate, Nazr and Harden for...

CP3, Marco Belinelli, Patrick Ewing Jr, and Carl Landry.
    I'll probably take it and flip someone for a good wing scorer for the bench.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Cairns_Baller
    In need of some advice guys, what do you guys think would be more exciting and fun to play in association mode

Boston Celtics - Developing younger players for when the big 4 go or retire.

Or

New York Knicks - Rebuild the franchise into a competitor again?

Been mucking around with Boston and thought it would be cool to do one with them, but may find more challenging with the Knicks.

Any opinions?
    The Knicks would be fun being that they have plenty of star power now with Melo and Amare. They also have good youth with Toney Douglas, and Landry Feilds. Billups should be able to run the point well too. All of those guys should have great trade value too if you feel the need to bring in players through trades. You are real deep in the SG position, so maybe letting one go to grab a lottery pick would be nice. Possibly Pistons or Raptors to make a run for a top pick.

To me the Knicks association sounds fun and I love playing with their current roster. TD is money from behind the arc, and Billups, Chauncey, and Stat are all stars. My vote is Knicks, but I never play with Boston. Good luck with it tho and keep updating the progress you make.