Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent playground baller vitamink420's Avatar

Default Re: wwe edge retired?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    11 World Title reigns? That's freaking crazy.
    I've barely watched since 2006 but that just seems nuts. He had like 2 or 3 last time I watched.

If real good to see him leave before he gets all ****ed up

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Too crazy, and Scott Hall never had one.
    You don't think Eddie G and Benoit were main eventers, but you think Hall should have had a World title run? If those guys aren't main eventers he sure isn't. His gimmick far exceeded his in ring skills.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    not when it was over real life events...
    Who gives a shit about druggie Matt Lardy? He sucks and always did suck. Jeff carried his ass for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    You don't think Eddie G and Benoit were main eventers, but you think Hall should have had a World title run? If those guys aren't main eventers he sure isn't. His gimmick far exceeded his in ring skills.
    Eddie G, I'd say yeah but Benoit, was just boring. Had no personality, I can't think of one great interview this dude had. Hall was actually cool and decent in the ring (if not drunk.)

Eddie G, I'd say yeah but Benoit, was just boring. Had no personality, I can't think of one great interview this dude had. Hall was actually cool and decent in the ring (if not drunk.)
    Chris didn't really need mic skills. Steamboat wasn't great on the mic either.

Benoit's World Title win over Triple H and HBK is one of the better WWE moments.

An Icon Forever

For those who are wondering, the Edge retirement speech was 100% legitimate and real. We were told by a company source earlier this evening that when the major announcement was made tonight, it was not an angle and not storyline.

The story that Edge told about medical tests coming back and showing there was a new issue with his neck and being advised he must retire is true. He was basically handed a mic and told to go out and say goodbye however he wanted.

WWE's website posted an article on Edge's retirement, noting that Edge had suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands of late, symptoms of nueropraxia, a nervous system disorder. Edge was experiencing similar issues when he underwent neck fusion surgery several years ago.

According to the WWE website, Edge underwent an MRI last Monday.

After the MRI was examined by WWE's Medical Director Dr. Joseph Maroon, Edge was diagnosed with stenosis of the spine, which in layman's terms, means his spinal cord was narrowing from the abuse he's taken since returning to the ring from his 2003 neck fusion surgery.

With the damage to his spinal cord, continued abuse of the neck from bumping could result in serious injury, including paralysis.

source: pwinsider

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    Chris didn't really need mic skills. Steamboat wasn't great on the mic either.

Benoit's World Title win over Triple H and HBK is one of the better WWE moments.
    Mid carders don't need mic work, but main eventers do. I wanna be entertained by a main event (50/50 mic/ring work.) Mid card and undercard, it's mostly ring work, cause they rarely get on the mic.

In WCWm I loved Benoit and in WWF when he was a high mid card wrestler. When he started gettin main event pushes vs Austin and stuff, I'm like wtf!!

Mid carders don't need mic work, but main eventers do. I wanna be entertained by a main event (50/50 mic/ring work.) Mid card and undercard, it's mostly ring work, cause they rarely get on the mic.

In WCWm I loved Benoit and in WWF when he was a high mid card wrestler. When he started gettin main event pushes vs Austin and stuff, I'm like wtf!!
    So, Steamboat was a mid carder to you?

I hope Edge enjoy his retirement. He's one of the best pure wrestlers in the WWE history.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/313803...ced-retirement

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    World Heavyweight Championship (7 times)

World Tag Team Championship (12 times)

They pass the titles around like hot potatoes now, which devalues them. I miss the days when being the champ meant something.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

from the list, looks like he did almost everything in the WWE, unfortunatly, he won't be remembered

Edge is only 36 yrs.old, but his body is already breaking down.

Smackdown pretty much dead now. They need to add some talent through the WWE Draft or that sh*t will just get worse and worse.

Edge is one of the best on the mic. Great in the ring as well. So by your logic, he is a main eventer. He clearly deserved the title as much as Scott Hall did. Especially if you look at the work that edge has put in.
    Last edited by SCREWstonRockets; 04-12-2011 at 10:06 AM.