Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Default Re: Point Guard options

The Lakers are definitely holding out to see how everything pans out. We do know what some of the possible options are but for now we'll have to wait and see.

NBA lottery pick

I don't see Sessions being worth a 1st rounder necessarily. Since the Lakers have two this year I don't mind giving one up in the Dwight trade but honestly most people don't expect a PG to even be picked in the 1st round until the Lakers pick.... which means the Lakers have their choice of any PG in college.... It also means a much more affordable contract which leaves money for other players. The Lakers could have someone like Marquis Teague, Tony Wroten, Kendall Marshall, or Myck Kabongo. Teague could be a huge pick at around #20 for a team. Let's not forget the last 4 Kentucky PG's to enter the draft (Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, & Brandon Knight). It's kind of a lucky thing for the Lakers this draft is loaded with big men which means a PG is going to fall to LA.

I think we all just have wanted a PG so bad the grass is always greener on the other side. Blake was supposed to be the answer and was the best available for the money a few seasons ago. Look how that has worked out. I don't mind Sessions. He's been decent for other teams. I just don't see giving up a 1st rounder for him. Arenas for the vets minimum for the rest of the season seems like a much better gamble to me. If it doesn't work the Lakers aren't out much and he's gone at the end of the year. The other thing that doesn't make sense to me is why Cleveland would trade him. I know why Sessions wants out.... he wants to start. But from Cleveland's stand point they would still need a back up PG. Irving already went out for a few games with a concussion. What happens if he takes another hit this season? It seems to me they would still need a PG in return. I would highly doubt they would do a Sessions for Blake trade (although I'm sure we'd all go for that in a heart beat) so I'm not sure he even gets traded.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Let's not forget the last 4 Kentucky PG's to enter the draft (Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, John Wall, & Brandon Knight).
    WTF, Rose and Evans went to Memphis

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    WTF, Rose and Evans went to Memphis
    I meant to say Calipari..... dude jumps schools too much