Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grinder any international prospects for 2012 draft?

Seems like this draft will be flooded with good ole fashion Americans. Curious if you were aware of any international prospects that may make a play into the first round or be worth a look 2nd rd.

Default Re: Grinder any international prospects for 2012 draft?

Evan Fournier, from France. Amazing talent with NBA long body.
    Tomas Satoransky, plays in Zaragoza in ACB 6'7 PG .. won the last dunk contest in Spain. He's from Czech Republic, very athletic.
    Nemanja Nedovic, from Serbia. It's basically a poor men Derrick Rose in my opinion. He's a SG stucked in an athletic PG body.

Then you have other guys like Adelmar (Turkey), Abrines (Spain), Lucas Nogueira and Raul Neto (Spain). And other kids that played in Nike Hoop Summit but they won't declare probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Evan Fournier, from France. Amazing talent with NBA long body.
    Tomas Satoransky, plays in Zaragoza in ACB 6'7 PG .. won the last dunk contest in Spain. He's from Czech Republic, very athletic.
    Nemanja Nedovic, from Serbia. It's basically a poor men Derrick Rose in my opinion. He's a SG stucked in an athletic PG body.

Then you have other guys like Adelmar (Turkey), Abrines (Spain), Lucas Nogueira and Raul Neto (Spain). And other kids that played in Nike Hoop Summit but they won't declare probably.
    Thanks man. I thought that Lucas kid was drafted already last year? He must've pulled out. You think Evan Fournier will enter the draft and could he be a first round pick?

Damn Evan Fournier is only 18. He's mad young but watching one video he played pretty good finishing at the rack. Floaters, body control. Has a nice frame if he add some muscle to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Seems like this draft will be flooded with good ole fashion Americans. Curious if you were aware of any international prospects that may make a play into the first round or be worth a look 2nd rd.
    Best international prospect is Jeffery Taylor from Sweden but I guess he doesn't really count because he played 4 years for Vandy. Probably a mid first rounder - 6'7" lockdown defender at the 3 spot, elite athlete, can knock down open 3s.

As for "true" international prospects, Evan Fournier is probably the only one that has a chance to go first round. He's had a great season in France and is a legit 6'7" wing with a lot of talent and good ball skills.

As Maga said, Nedovic and Satoransky could get drafted in the second round, both are really athletic but don't have a true position and haven't had the best seasons. I think Furkan Aldemir (Turkey) and Tornike Shengelia (Georgia) are better NBA prospects. Both have played and seen significant minutes at a high level in the Euroleague and are ready to contribute right away.

Aldemir doesn't do much offensively but he's a hustler, excellent rebounder, pretty athletic, and could potentially be a Taj Gibson type player if he can get a jumper.

Shengelia really impressed me in the European championships. He's a 6'9" combo forward, really athletic, rebounds well, and has a decent looking jumper. He can slash pretty well and shows a lot of intriguing traits. His game needs to be refined though and he plays in a below average league. I like his potential the most out of everyone except for Fournier in this group.

There's this Bosnian kid, Nihad Djedovic, who's pretty good too. He's a pure scoring wing and can fill it up quickly. I don't think he's got enough exposure to get drafted though. Could see him in the NBA a few years down the line as a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Thanks man. I thought that Lucas kid was drafted already last year? He must've pulled out. You think Evan Fournier will enter the draft and could he be a first round pick?
    Fournier is a Nicholas Batum (yea french comparasion) in my opinion. but he's more improved at this age that Batum was.
    I can't really talk a lot about him, i only watched like 5 games of him .. but he's def NBA talent. Late 1st round maybe, i don't know.

Furkan Aldemir, Evan Fornier, Tornike Shengelia, Nihad Djedovic, Alessandro Gentile, Nicolo Melli, Kostas Sloukas, Nikos Pappas, Kostas Papanikoloau, Vangelis Mantzaris.

Those are the best.

The best player is Pappas.

Karasev, Kulagin, Neto, Freire, Lima, Abrines, Van Oostrum, etc. I don't see them being in this draft at all. Too young or not the right time for them to declare.

Radosevic and Satoransky are talented, but overrated. As usual, the NBA puts too much emphasis on athletic ability.

Nedovic is just rated mainly because of his jumping ability.

Zubcic might get drafted, but he's overrated too.

Albicy is nice. But I don't see him on any mocks. He's good though.

Not sure about guys like Delas and Prostran, they have disappeared off the radar.

Some ACB players will probably get drafted, even if they don't deserve it. The NBA is obsessed with any ACB players now. That's probably why guys like Franch and Lima are on mocks.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-01-2012 at 04:11 AM.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

From Serbia theres only 2 players that have potential to be drafted , Nemanja Nedovic and Danilo Andjusic . I hope I m wrong but I think that they can be role players in some European team ( that doesnt play in Euroleague ) at best so I wouldnt draft them .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    From Serbia theres only 2 players that have potential to be drafted , Nemanja Nedovic and Danilo Andjusic . I hope I m wrong but I think that they can be role players in some European team ( that doesnt play in Euroleague ) at best so I wouldnt draft them .
    But that makes them more likely to be drafted. Remember, the NBA likes to draft projects with some kind of imaginary "upside". Like, Nedovic can jump out of the building so they see him as "a prospect with huge upside".

They are not actually drafting based on how good the players are. Which is one of the reasons why so many NBA teams are laden with scrubs.

I mean, take someone like Khvostov. He was not drafted and is just as athletic probably as Nedovic is. He's also better and has actual point guard skills. But he does not make flashy highlight reel plays like Nedovic does.

Thus, why a similar, but better version of Nedovic (Khvostov) was not drafted, and why Nedovic might be drafted.

Because the NBA has hardly any interest at all in how good the players actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Furkan Aldemir, Evan Fornier, Tornike Shengelia, Nihad Djedovic, Alessandro Gentile, Nicolo Melli, Kostas Sloukas, Nikos Pappas, Kostas Papanikoloau, Vangelis Mantzaris.

Those are the best.

The best player is Pappas.

Karasev, Kulagin, Neto, Freire, Lima, Abrines, Van Oostrum, etc. I don't see them being in this draft at all. Too young or not the right time for them to declare.

Radosevic and Satoransky are talented, but overrated. As usual, the NBA puts too much emphasis on athletic ability.

Nedovic is just rated mainly because of his jumping ability.

Zubcic might get drafted, but he's overrated too.

Albicy is nice. But I don't see him on any mocks. He's good though.

Not sure about guys like Delas and Prostran, they have disappeared off the radar.

Some ACB players will probably get drafted, even if they don't deserve it. The NBA is obsessed with any ACB players now. That's probably why guys like Franch and Lima are on mocks.
    I know all that guys, but i don't see them declaring or being drafted that's why i don't even wrote about them.

I agree with Pappas, amazing player.

I know all that guys, but i don't see them declaring or being drafted that's why i don't even wrote about them.

I agree with Pappas, amazing player.
    And he didn't even play a minute for us.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    And he didn't even play a minute for us.
    Which is pretty stupid, i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Which is one of the reasons why so many NBA teams are laden with scrubs.
    I hear that even our stars in the NBA aren't even good at basketball. They're just freak athletes who can run fast and jump high but have virtually zero actual basketball skill.

Which is pretty stupid, i know.
    Agreed, especially considering how old our roster is.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Agreed, especially considering how old our roster is.
    The only racional explanation it's because you have 2 good PG's like Jackson and Lopez, but even that it's not enough.