Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lebron's Future

Default Lebron's Future

In a couple of years will Lebron
    A: resign with Cavs
    B: sign with Brooklyn Nets
    C: sign with Miami
    D:other
    I say Brooklyn Nets cuz he is tight w/ JayZ.
    Any ideas?

Dunking on everybody in the park InLebronWeTrust's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    In a couple of years will Lebron
    A: resign with Cavs
    B: sign with Brooklyn Nets
    C: sign with Miami
    D:other
    I say Brooklyn Nets cuz he is tight w/ JayZ.
    Any ideas?

I say E: ..go back to the nets forum, and talk about your kidd-less nets.

Quote Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
    I say E: ..go back to the nets forum, and talk about your kidd-less nets.
    ??? what did I do to you? I like Devin Harris Better than J-Kidd now so it really doesnt matter to me anymore because Lebron is going to Brooklyn and you all know it

Dont be suprised if you see this in the future
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 03-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Banned

I hope he does leave.

I think it suits him.

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    I hope he does leave.

I think it suits him.
    yeah but wat team

yeah but wat team

You said for yourself Brooklyn, you idiot. Get out of here. No one cares about anything you say. The only other people that will talk to you are other trolls from shytty franchises because they have nothing to talk about except the draft.

NBA lottery pick

It makes no sense for him to leave Cleveland. His reputation can't get any bigger, and he's already had a huge house built here.

Moving to Brooklyn makes no sense, because they suck.

LA and Chicago can't afford him under the cap, even if they can pay him, and the Knicks are never going to be able to offer him a championship.

He gets basically anything he wants here in Cleveland, he grew up here, he lives here, his family is here, we can match anyone's offer and Ferry has the green light to go over the luxury tax.

Why would he leave? Someone give me an intelligent reason and we'll discuss it.

Mathius

Quote Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
    You said for yourself Brooklyn, you idiot. Get out of here. No one cares about anything you say. The only other people that will talk to you are other trolls from shytty franchises because they have nothing to talk about except the draft.
    um there were other choices... and no we dont only talk about the Draft but maybe your team will when Lebron goes to Brooklyn. lol I did not make this thread for fighting just for opinions.

um there were other choices... and no we dont only talk about the Draft but maybe your team will when Lebron goes to Brooklyn. lol I did not make this thread for fighting just for opinions.

look at what Mathius says, don't you understand?

You're real funny though man, hilarious.

I know you're under the age of 14 if you still say lol btw. So why don't you go play some guitar hero or something.

Banned

1) He wants to be the worlds first sports billionaire. Rumor has it special clauses in his Nike Contract will increase his salary by FAR if he moves to a big market. It makes sense... Nike's product gets more exposure.
    2) His relationship with Jay Z. Jay Z has introduced him into some of the business elites of the world. You have to consider the strong possibility Lebron has been introduced into the Rockafella family because of his closeness to Jay Z. The Two Kings Dinner for example.

Lebron showed he's all about money when he refused to make a stand on Darfur. His interests are alligned with Nike. It would seem there is a greater possibility he will leave Cleveland after his first championship than stay. I do think he will stay until he gets the first one.

Heres a good article on it: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    As Jay-Z made a toast next to his co-host, LeBron James, at a VIP dinner during All-Star weekend, he spoke of branding, about a new world order of celebrity businessmen.
    What’s unnerving to Cleveland is that Jay-Z happens to be a part owner of the New Jersey Nets with unlimited access to James’ heart, mind and ambitions. Of course, the Nets are plotting a move to a sparkling new arena in Brooklyn, perhaps as soon as the 2011-2012 season. They’re clearing cap space and planning a pursuit of James when he can opt out of his contract in the summer of 2010.
    Don't grow too attached Cleveland fans.
    Last edited by final.wrath; 03-25-2008 at 09:16 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    1) He wants to be the worlds first sports billionaire. Rumor has it special clauses in his Nike Contract will increase his salary by FAR if he moves to a big market. It makes sense... Nike's product gets more exposure.
    2) His relationship with Jay Z. Jay Z has introduced him into some of the business elites of the world. You have to consider the strong possibility Lebron has been introduced into the Rockafella family because of his closeness to Jay Z. The Two Kings Dinner for example.
    He also wants to win a championship. Your response is so f'ed up on several levels. you obviously know nothing of finances.

You're implying that his quest to become a billionaire is a direct connection to his basketball career, and defeating yourself at your own game.

It does Lebron no good to make more money with his Nike contract if he loses money on all his other contracts because he's playing for losing teams and his marketing value goes down.

Legacy's are built on winning, period. Michael Jordan didn't make all his endorsement money just because he could dunk. If that was the case, Harold Miner would have had more than just his one Nike contract that fizzled.

And Lebron's name can't get any bigger in the world of basketball, so whatever contacts he's making now, are interested in him because of where he is now and what he's accomplishing now. Moving to Brooklyn isn't going to change that.

Lebron showed he's all about money when he refused to make a stand on Darfur.
    Do you know how f'ing ridiculous you sound?

Darfur? Name one big named superstar athlete that gives a f*ck about Darfur?

Ira Newble? Big name there.

Can you even tell me where Darfur is without looking at a map or googling it?

Mathius

The Knicks and Nets are set up for YEARS of losing. They are two teams going nowhere, and have zero young talent to speak of. Talk about dim futures. LeBron will want nothing to do with that, despite his friendship with Jay-Z and opportunities in NYC

His friends, family, and mansion are in Cleveland. Also, he knows that he will be loved in Cleveland more than any other place. I think that means something to him. He wants to bring fame and glory to this franchise. Of course, part of LeBron's decision also rests on what the Cavaliers organization decides to do in the next few offseasons. Other than LeBron, they have no second scorer, very little young talent, and very little salary cap relief. Danny Ferry and co. will have to do some major juggling to keep Bron happy.

If the Cavs blunder everything up that I mentioned, then I'm not so sure I could blame him for wanting to leave, but he might reach a point where shuts out the organization and just plays for the fans. He wants the adoration, and he'll get it in Cleveland more so than any other place.

Why does everyone think the Nets will suck in a couple of years. Our team is now one of the youngest teams in the NBA and will be younger next season when Darrell Armstrong is gone. What do you see in Clevelands future middle round draft picks that will turn out to be nothing good. Think about it your bigs are aging (Ben Wallace and Z). You don't have a quality point guard. Yes the Nets may be under achieving and might even miss the playoffs but we will get a chance at a lottery pick and an ok pick form Dallas. Nets future is pretty bright to me. Devin Harris is getting the opportunity to run his own team, Josh Boone is turning into a quality rebounder, and maybe sometime in the future we (the Nets) can trade RJ for a PF. I like the chances of the YOUNG Nets.
    Young players with talent: Josh Boone, Sean Williams, Devin Harris, Marcus Williams, Nenad Krystc.
    BTW what does this have to do with where Lebron and his Family live? He can still live there we have the same thing with Vince He and his family live in Daytona, Florida and he plays for the Nets.
    Last edited by Nets fan 93; 03-26-2008 at 03:34 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Why does everyone think the Nets will suck in a couple of years. Our team is now one of the youngest teams in the NBA and will be younger next season when Darrell Armstrong is gone. What do you see in Clevelands future middle round draft picks that will turn out to be nothing good. Think about it your bigs are aging (Ben Wallace and Z). You don't have a quality point guard. Yes the Nets may be under achieving and might even miss the playoffs but we will get a chance at a lottery pick and an ok pick form Dallas. Nets future is pretty bright to me. Devin Harris is getting the opportunity to run his own team, Josh Boone is turning into a quality rebounder, and maybe sometime in the future we (the Nets) can trade RJ for a PF. I like the chances of the YOUNG Nets.
    Young players with talent: Josh Boone, Sean Williams, Devin Harris, Marcus Williams, Nenad Krystc.
    BTW what does this have to do with where Lebron and his Family live? He can still live there we have the same thing with Vince He and his family live in Daytona, Florida and he plays for the Nets.
    Devin Harris is an overachiever, and Krystc doesn't seem to have the ability to return to his former promising self. Boone seems to show promise, but he certainly doesn't inspire me to say he's a future all star. Sean Williams just plain can't stay on the court. He's a foul out waiting to happen. Marcus Williams is totally inconsistent. The whole team combined is a borderline playoff team at best. Cavs went to the Finals with a mediocre supporting cast last year.

And your jabs at the Cavs? Make no sense. Z is old, yeah, but Z is by far and away Lebron's favorite player on this team, and possibly the league. When the Cavs won the ECF championship last year, the first guy Lebron ran to is Z.

Ben Wallace? Has only a few years left on his contract. Guess what? Most of the guys we picked up in that trade? Expire before Lebron's contract. So we can shake up the lineup again if we have to.

And in case you haven't been watching the box scores, Delonte West has been playing really well since he got here, and he is definitely a true point guard. And he also has a lot of ties here. Went to school with Dwayne Jones, I think they were even roommates. There is also a coach on the staff that he knows from his past. He wanted to play here when he was drafted.

And Danny Ferry has proven to be a pretty solid GM, despite my early misgivings.

And do you know the biggest reason why Lebron won't be going to the Nets? He doesn't believe in rebuilding. Period. That's why he's a Yankees fan. They win, they don't rebuild.

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200...ron_jam_2.html

Naturally, James was asked why he liked the New York Yankees.

"Just winning," said James, who broke out his Yankee basketball shoes. "Any franchise and any player who believes in winning and winning championships, that's what I believe in. I don't believe in rebuilding stages. Every year you base yourself on winning a championship and the Yankees base themselves on winning a championship every single year, no matter who's out there playing for them. As a kid, even when I was young, I recognized that early."
    Mathius
    Last edited by Mathius; 03-26-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Devin Harris is an overachiever, and Krystc doesn't seem to have the ability to return to his former promising self. Boone seems to show promise, but he certainly doesn't inspire me to say he's a future all star. Sean Williams just plain can't stay on the court. He's a foul out waiting to happen. Marcus Williams is totally inconsistent. The whole team combined is a borderline playoff team at best. Cavs went to the Finals with a mediocre supporting cast last year.

And your jabs at the Cavs? Make no sense. Z is old, yeah, but Z is by far and away Lebron's favorite player on this team, and possibly the league. When the Cavs won the ECF championship last year, the first guy Lebron ran to is Z.Ben Wallace? Has only a few years left on his contract. Guess what? Most of the guys we picked up in that trade? Expire before Lebron's contract. So we can shake up the lineup again if we have to.

And in case you haven't been watching the box scores, Delonte West has been playing really well since he got here, and he is definitely a true point guard. And he also has a lot of ties here. Went to school with Dwayne Jones, I think they were even roommates. There is also a coach on the staff that he knows from his past. He wanted to play here when he was drafted.

And Danny Ferry has proven to be a pretty solid GM, despite my early misgivings.

And do you know the biggest reason why Lebron won't be going to the Nets? He doesn't believe in rebuilding. Period. That's why he's a Yankees fan. They win, they don't rebuild.

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200...ron_jam_2.html

Mathius
    I meant in a couple of years.