Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nobody talks about San Antonio probably going for yet another 50+ win season

Amazing to me to be honest.Cant believe these guys and Popovich of course are going to probably put yet another 50+ this season.

Props to San Antonio Spurs

Local High School Star

Default Re: Nobody talks about San Antonio probably going for yet another 50+ win season

Nobody talks about it because they do it every season...

Default Re: Nobody talks about San Antonio probably going for yet another 50+ win season

Quote Originally Posted by Brook(lyn)Lopez
    Nobody talks about it because they do it every season...
    Indeed.

Shame really. I am very impressed over their consistency over the years. I think they have had a 50+ season since 1999.

Amazing feat.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

They look like the best team in the west so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    They look like the best team in the west so far.

So far, but long ways to go.

San Antonio will be right there, but at some point age is gonna catch up big time with them. Especially Parker who carries so much of the load, he is 31 and on the end of his peak.

Local High School Star

Age? San Antonio were already considered an OLD team for the last 4 years and still have great year.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Overrated, can't even beat the Knicks by 40 points...

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Same thing every year, they beat up on 50 win teams and fold against elite teams in the playoffs like they did in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2006, 2004, etc. That's why they never repeated.
    ^Literally was expecting this.

It's true though, they always fold against teams that actually challenge them. The years they won are the years where they were facing 07 Jazz type teams every round.

Its not surprising at all. They were a game away from winning it all last year. There team makeup hasn't changed much and Kawhi is a year wiser. I've stopped under estimating what the Spurs are capable of and what Duncan is capable of years ago.

It is the expectation. We all know how good and consistent they are.

Nobody doubts their chances at getting a good seed or making a good playoff run. People have doubted their ability to win a championship. And we saw how close they came last year.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

If it ain't a 60 win season then I don't wanna hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    It's true though, they always fold against teams that actually challenge them. The years they won are the years where they were facing 07 Jazz type teams every round.
    I guess the 3-peat Shaq-Kobe Lakers, 05 Pistons, 07 Suns, Mavs (2000s) teams were chopped liver and didn't challenge them. They've come out of the much tougher West 5 times - winning 4. Name the other teams that won more than 70.3% over a 16 year (going on 17 year) period - NONE - in the history of the NBA.
    Last edited by rmt; 11-10-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacquiao
    Age? San Antonio were already considered an OLD team for the last 4 years and still have great year.

Yes. But at some point Duncan and Ginobili will be too old. They can't sustain forever. In fact Ginobili is already showing signs of regression.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Indeed.

Shame really. I am very impressed over their consistency over the years. I think they have had a 50+ season since 1999.

Amazing feat.
    99 should pretty much count since it was a lockout. They had the best record in the league. So basically since 1998. This would be there 17th straight season