Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Playoff vs. Finals Scoring During Title Years

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    What isn't debatable is that the 1991 Bulls were a better defensive team than the 2003 Wizards, no matter what Defensive rating suggests...that's called COMMON SENSE, try it some time......
    If the 1991 Bulls were a much better defensive team than the 03 Wizards and still gave up more points per possessions that sure must be one offensively inflated era of basketball statistics. Is that what you were trying to prove?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    What's that Kuniva? You mean that teams who milk the 24 second clock, and only take shots when time's winding down to limit an opposing team's number of possessions, will have a higher defensive rating than teams that shoot early in the shot clock? Even if they don't play a lick of legit defense during the game? Wow, didn't know that. Thanks my Brotha
    Why are you hating on the '04 Raptors bro? These dudes allowed less ppg than the Bad Boy Pistons (those bums had Rodman/Dumars/Mahorn/Laimbeer/Salley LOL!!!). Good defensive teams don't knock you on your ass, they lay themselves out

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    If the 1991 Bulls were a much better defensive team than the 03 Wizards and still gave up more points per possessions that sure must be one offensively inflated era of basketball statistics. Is that what you were trying to prove?

In Kobe Bryant's most potent offensive season in 2006...against the 10 worst teams in the league in Drating, ranging from 107-114....

35.5ppg on 46.6%FG on 26.3 shots a game....23 games

This is only SLIGHTLY greater than his season average of 35.4ppg on 45.0%FG on 27.2 shots per game.

So where is the LOGIC in that again???

In Kobe Bryant's most potent offensive season in 2006...against the 10 worst teams in the league in Drating, ranging from 107-114....

35.5ppg on 46.6%FG on 26.3 shots a game....23 games

This is only SLIGHTLY greater than his season average of 35.4ppg on 45.0%FG on 27.2 shots per game.

So where is the LOGIC in that again???
    Are you seriously asking me to explain the logic behind Kobe's numbers improving while facing weaker defensive competition from a season you cherry picked yourself? I hope you did not spend a lot of time looking that up. Hint: Kobe's average numbers include those same numbers against weak competition.

Great college starter

Are you seriously asking me to explain the logic behind Kobe's numbers improving while facing weaker defensive competition from a season you cherry picked yourself? I hope you did not spend a lot of time looking that up. Hint: Kobe's average numbers include those same numbers against weak competition.

As i stated dumb ass...the numbers only improved SLIGHTLY....you said Kobe would have to play significantly better to equal Jordan output against what you call "weaker defense." = Yet here he is barely improving his season average against the absolute scrubs in the league vs. the best of the 2006 season....

As i stated dumb ass...the numbers only improved SLIGHTLY....you said Kobe would have to play significantly better to equal Jordan output against what you call "weaker defense." = Yet here he is barely improving his season average against the absolute scrubs in the league vs. the best of the 2006 season....
    I'm convinced I would have a more intelligent debate with a chair. Please stay in school.

Great college starter

I'm convinced I would have a more intelligent debate with a chair. Please stay in school.

You think going by Drating and saying the 2003 Wizards is better defensive team than the 1991 Bulls?? DERRR!!!

Michael Jordan in 1988 vs the 10 worst defensive teams ratings 107-113).

34.9ppg on 53.7%FG, 24.2 FG's per game.

35.0ppg on 53.8%FG during the regular season....

He did slightly WORSE vs. the worst D-rated teams...

How could that be with your stupid-ass theories???

your a DUMMY dude, point blank and in your face about it too.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Kobe vs. 2000 Pacers
    35.2 mpg, 15.6 ppg, 4.2 apg, 4.6 rpg, 1.0 spg, 1.4 bpg, 1.2 topg, 36.7% fg, 90.9% ft, 20.0% 3p

Kobe vs. 2001 Sixers
    46.8 mpg, 24.6 ppg, 5.8 apg, 7.8 rpg, 1.4 spg, 1.4 bpg, 3.6 topg, 41.5% fg, 84.2% ft, 33.3% 3p

Kobe vs. 2002 Nets
    43.8 mpg, 26.8 ppg, 5.3 apg, 5.8 rpg, 1.5 spg, 0.8 bpg, 3.75 topg, 51.4% fg, 80.6% ft, 54.5% 3p
    Meh, the Lakers rightfully exploited the weak bigs on those Finals teams. Kobe beasted in the other series though. Check out the numbers from the 01 title run.

25/4/8 VS Blazers in First round
    35/9/4 VS Kings in Semis
    33/7/7 VS Spurs in WCF
    25/8/6 VS Sixers in Finals

Blazers, Kings, & Spurs were all superior to every ECF team.

Banned

You think going by Drating and saying the 2003 Wizards is better defensive team than the 1991 Bulls?? DERRR!!!

Michael Jordan in 1988 vs the 10 worst defensive teams ratings 107-113).

34.9ppg on 53.7%FG, 24.2 FG's per game.

35.0ppg on 53.8%FG during the regular season....

He did slightly WORSE vs. the worst D-rated teams...

How could that be with your stupid-ass theories???

your a DUMMY dude, point blank and in your face about it too.
    How about you do that for EVERY season both played. You're the biggest tard thinking better defensive teams won't make players struggle more lol!

Great college starter

How about another example...

Michael Jordan in 1987 vs. the 5 worst D-rated teams in the league:

36.7ppg on 48.4%FG, 27 shots a game....

That about lines up with his season average, despite it being against the scrub defenses in the league....

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerEnraged
    How about you do that for EVERY season both played. You're the biggest tard thinking better defensive teams won't make players struggle more lol!

I never said they wouldn't....i'm saying Defensive rating won't tell you JACK SHIT about how great a defensive team is, especially across different eras and playing styles.

Defensive rating says the 2003 Wizards were a better defensive team than the 1991 Chicago Bulls....do you AGREE with that??

If you do, HERE'S YOUR SIGN...if you don't, then you agree that Defensive rating is NOT a good gauge of a team's defensive abilities.

How about another example...

Michael Jordan in 1987 vs. the 5 worst D-rated teams in the league:

36.7ppg on 48.4%FG, 27 shots a game....

That about lines up with his season average, despite it being against the scrub defenses in the league....
    Stop, you're killing me!

Great college starter

Defensive rating is only useful if trying to gauge teams of the SAME YEAR. It's not a "cross-era" stat, OBVIOUSLY. Common sense can tell you that.

Banned

Defensive rating is only useful if trying to gauge teams of the SAME YEAR. It's not a "cross-era" stat, OBVIOUSLY. Common sense can tell you that.
    What does this have to do with our earlier conversation? Jordans teams in the finals didn't have as good of a drtg as the knicks, heat, hawks, etc which he saw in the regular playoffs. That's exactly my point-that Mj's fg% would be lower if he faced thoseteams in the finals instead.

Great college starter

What does this have to do with our earlier conversation? Jordans teams in the finals didn't have as good of a drtg as the knicks, heat, hawks, etc which he saw in the regular playoffs. That's exactly my point-that Mj's fg% would be lower if he faced thoseteams in the finals instead.

That's not a GIVEN. Kobe shot Better vs. the 2009 Rockets than he did vs. the 2004 Jazz....There is simply NO EXCUSE for 41%FG in 7 Finals appearances in your prime age. Kobe has one good Finals series shooting and that was against the "#1 defensive rated" Nets....

So put your excuses in the garbage.

Jordan would rip through any team Kobe faced in the Finals in this era...period.