Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Hill

Default Re: Jordan Hill

Quote Originally Posted by mr sax
    Most here should apologize to most of the Laker players and Mitch since they advocated trading away most of the team and firing Mitch. I couldn't believe how many "fans" here wanted Gasol traded.

My wife and I moved here from NYC two years ago and were told by several of our friends how clueless LA fans were. I always wait and see for myself with accusations like that but our friends were correct. We've been to many sporting events since moving here and from what I see at the games (Lakers and Dodgers) I suspect the median IQ to be below 60.

honestly, I know of two very knowledgable Lakers fans, who in the heat of something, stop thinking rationally. And these guys can talk ball, but they go nuts over Pau, I don't fvkcin get it.

case and point, Pau. Other than Bosh and Dirk, he is the ideal fit to put next to a big like Drew. And he has more post moves than both guys. And his game will age gracefully because you don't forget post moves, and he got range for days. I am against any Pau trade unless you get a better than average 4, and a legit guard who can get to the paint to score. Only Pau deal I was open to was for David Lee and Monta Ellis, which GSW would say buzz off

Most here should apologize to most of the Laker players and Mitch since they advocated trading away most of the team and firing Mitch. I couldn't believe how many "fans" here wanted Gasol traded.

My wife and I moved here from NYC two years ago and were told by several of our friends how clueless LA fans were. I always wait and see for myself with accusations like that but our friends were correct. We've been to many sporting events since moving here and from what I see at the games (Lakers and Dodgers) I suspect the median IQ to be below 60.
    Every teams' fan base will have fans that don't really know much about the sport, other than the team is "winning too much" or "losing too much". LA is a huge city, meaning it has a huge population. I do agree that some of our fan base can be delusional. They either hate too much, or they defend too much.

One thing is certain though and it is that LA teams are expected to be perfect. Whether the fans are knowledgeable or not, everyone expects the team to be in contention for a championship. Whenever the teams in LA are rebuilding, fans grow impatient. They always expect to have things the way it always was. Case in point, when Phil Jackson left, everyone wanted the triangle to stay. No body wanted Mike Brown, or any other coach unless it was either going to be Brian Shaw, or Rick Adelman because his offensive system is very similar.

I got into a debate with another laker fan 2 years ago regarding Andrew Bynum. I was arguing the boy would be a complete stud when he was settled into his role and comfortable. His response to me was "He sucks because after so many years of being taught by Kareem Abdul Jabbar, he still hasn't attempted the skyhook". I was in disbelief that someone could utter such a shallow comment. Who else besides Cap shot the skyhook anyways? It just goes to show, in LA, people don't like change. They're all about someone's resume rather than "what have you done for me lately".

Is it dumb? Thats a matter of perspective. I think it is not reasonable, but there are proven ways to win, thats for sure. Does that mean the team, and the coach, and the GM cannot do it with new personnel? No. This team is still very much talented, and can figure out a new way to succeed. After all, there are 30 teams every season, many make the playoffs, but only one team ends up winning. The teams that win are the ones who have integrity, come day in and day out sticking to their role, and placing aside their ego, for the greater good. Thats how people win championships, not the amount of championship rings someone had in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I got into a debate with another laker fan 2 years ago regarding Andrew Bynum. I was arguing the boy would be a complete stud when he was settled into his role and comfortable. His response to me was "He sucks because after so many years of being taught by Kareem Abdul Jabbar, he still hasn't attempted the skyhook".

I got into a debate with another laker fan 2 years ago regarding Andrew Bynum. I was arguing the boy would be a complete stud when he was settled into his role and comfortable. His response to me was "He sucks because after so many years of being taught by Kareem Abdul Jabbar, he still hasn't attempted the skyhook". I was in disbelief that someone could utter such a shallow comment. Who else besides Cap shot the skyhook anyways?
    Tons of guys shot hook shots, some guys still do, look no further than Pau who is the best 2 handed hook shooter I've ever seen.

IMO, the hook shot is the greatest shot in basketball history. Kids nowadays are too image conscious to shoot it because it doesn't look cool and they don't see guys really shoot it much on ESPN. I ask players of all levels, if they could shoot 98% from the free throw line by shooting "Granny Style" like Rick Barry, would they do it, "Hell No!!!" is the reaction I get. It is clearly as much about looking good as it is to win. Image, Image, Image = ESPN Generation.

As for having Kareem coach Bynum, it was an idiotic mistake that was guaranteed to fail. Kareem is not a sociable person, he doesn't know how to relate to people or communicate, sure, he can say do this or do that....but in coaching you have to be able to relate and communicate. IMO this was a setback to his career....even with the injuries. Had they instead had Bynum work with Hakeem, he would be a much better player, thank god for Darvin Ham and the work he has done with Bynum this year, the Lakers have to keep him working with Andrew long term.

As for wanting Adelman as head coach, it has absolutely nothing at all with any so called similarity with Phil Jackson. Adelman is a damn good coach plain and simple, he knows exactly what he is doing and how to run a team effectively....that is beyond intelligent dispute. Mike Brown is

BTW those of you who are too young to have seen Artis Gilmore play really missed a truly special player....one of my all time favorite opponents to watch. (B&W photo)

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Tons of guys shot hook shots, some guys still do, look no further than Pau who is the best 2 handed hook shooter I've ever seen.

IMO, the hook shot is the greatest shot in basketball history. Kids nowadays are too image conscious to shoot it because it doesn't look cool and they don't see guys really shoot it much on ESPN. I ask players of all levels, if they could shoot 98% from the free throw line by shooting "Granny Style" like Rick Barry, would they do it, "Hell No!!!" is the reaction I get. It is clearly as much about looking good as it is to win. Image, Image, Image = ESPN Generation.

As for having Kareem coach Bynum, it was an idiotic mistake that was guaranteed to fail. Kareem is not a sociable person, he doesn't know how to relate to people or communicate, sure, he can say do this or do that....but in coaching you have to be able to relate and communicate. IMO this was a setback to his career....even with the injuries. Had they instead had Bynum work with Hakeem, he would be a much better player, thank god for Darvin Ham and the work he has done with Bynum this year, the Lakers have to keep him working with Andrew long term.

As for wanting Adelman as head coach, it has absolutely nothing at all with any so called similarity with Phil Jackson. Adelman is a damn good coach plain and simple, he knows exactly what he is doing and how to run a team effectively....that is beyond intelligent dispute. Mike Brown is

BTW those of you who are too young to have seen Artis Gilmore play really missed a truly special player....one of my all time favorite opponents to watch. (B&W photo)
    Oh dont get me wrong DK. I agree that its a great shot. When its mastered, noone can really stop it. Im just attempting to point out how shallow some fans are. The stupid fans don't appreciate the smart basketball mind of a Kobe when he posts up and moves around so fluidly, but when Shannon Brown dunks, those same fans drool. Now you guys have known me, I liked Smush when he first started. But when a friend tells me "He can average 30 points a game!!!", I have to tell him to kiss my ass. Thats all im trying to do, is to make a point to say that the dumb fans don't really know what they're watching.

Adelman is a damn good coach. He is better than Mike Brown, can't argue against these claims at all. He's got an offensive scheme that has been proven, his defense is a bit questionable, but nonetheless, he can make a good team out of a bad team. As for Mike Brown, the playoffs look good. The offense is finally flowing. The passing is leading to so many open plays for Bynum underneath, Kobe is sticking to it, and Mike Brown finally has his offensive rebounder in Jordan Hill, damn that man is good. Hopefully he doesn't go to jail during the playoffs or something.

[QUOTE=B

Wait.
    Did you just complement Pau? Pau Gasol?
    You didn't inadvertently left out the letter "L" and mean Paul for guys like
    Paul Silas, Chris Paul,Paul WestPhall, Pressey or even McCartney, Pope Paul etc?

Oh dont get me wrong DK. I agree that its a great shot. When its mastered, noone can really stop it. Im just attempting to point out how shallow some fans are. The stupid fans don't appreciate the smart basketball mind of a Kobe when he posts up and moves around so fluidly, but when Shannon Brown dunks, those same fans drool. Now you guys have known me, I liked Smush when he first started. But when a friend tells me "He can average 30 points a game!!!", I have to tell him to kiss my ass. Thats all im trying to do, is to make a point to say that the dumb fans don't really know what they're watching.

Adelman is a damn good coach. He is better than Mike Brown, can't argue against these claims at all. He's got an offensive scheme that has been proven, his defense is a bit questionable, but nonetheless, he can make a good team out of a bad team. As for Mike Brown, the playoffs look good. The offense is finally flowing. The passing is leading to so many open plays for Bynum underneath, Kobe is sticking to it, and Mike Brown finally has his offensive rebounder in Jordan Hill, damn that man is good. Hopefully he doesn't go to jail during the playoffs or something.
    Don't let playing the Nuggets fool you....IMO the playoffs don't start until you play a real team. Once we play OKC we can really discuss the good and bad of this team. I'm too old and experienced to get excited about the first round.

Jordan Hill is not going to jail in the playoffs
    Not unless he kills someone.....let's get real

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Wait.
    Did you just complement Pau? Pau Gasol?
    You didn't inadvertently left out the letter "L" and mean Paul for guys like
    Paul Silas, Chris Paul,Paul WestPhall, Pressey or even McCartney, Pope Paul etc?
    I complement anyone when it is deserved, I have no agenda or bias.
    Pau is rare in that Kareem could only shoot a right handed hook, Artis Gilmore only a left handed hook shot.......Pau has them both and that is impressive.
    That being said, having talent doesn't make you a great player, it's what you do with it. If Pau had more intensity, focus.....aggressiveness he would be a beast.
    You gotta want it and want it real bad.

I usually hit open layups

I complement anyone when it is deserved, I have no agenda or bias.
    Pau is rare in that Kareem could only shoot a right handed hook, Artis Gilmore only a left handed hook shot.......Pau has them both and that is impressive.
    That being said, having talent doesn't make you a great player, it's what you do with it. If Pau had more intensity, focus.....aggressiveness he would be a beast.
    You gotta want it and want it real bad.
    Pau is a consistent player. Occasionally he will have an off night but you can count on him to show up and play. You can't ask for more than that. Even Kobe, yes Kobe, has off nights. I understand to some that it may be sacrilegist to criticize Kobe.

Don't let playing the Nuggets fool you....IMO the playoffs don't start until you play a real team. Once we play OKC we can really discuss the good and bad of this team. I'm too old and experienced to get excited about the first round.

Jordan Hill is not going to jail in the playoffs
    Not unless he kills someone.....let's get real
    You'd be surprised. Many people (for some reason) bet that Denver would sweep LAL. I really cannot see why though.

NBA lottery pick

You'd be surprised. Many people (for some reason) bet that Denver would sweep LAL. I really cannot see why though.
    I didn't hear that one. Denver really doesn't match up with LA at all. This was the best possible first round the Lakers could've asked for.

Their best weapon against us was Nene, once he was traded they were done.

NBA lottery pick

Their best weapon against us was Nene, once he was traded they were done.
    Exactly my thought.... in previous years they had Nene and K-Mart so they could defend that front line of the Lakers better. This year they can't come close. It's almost unfortunate the Lakers have a chance to sweep the Nuggets. If this series went 5 (or even 6) then the Lakers would have Artest back for the 2nd round.

Pau is a consistent player. Occasionally he will have an off night but you can count on him to show up and play. You can't ask for more than that. Even Kobe, yes Kobe, has off nights. I understand to some that it may be sacrilegist to criticize Kobe.
    90% of the criticism of Kobe is irrational, 10% is completely accurate.
    At this point Kobe is not going to change, it'd be idiotic to trade the best closer in the game......so flawed as he is, it's pointless to jabber on about him when there are much bigger problems with guys not pulling their weight.

Pau? The jury is still out on him, sorry.
    Last years pathetic performance from Pau he averaged 13.1 ppg........guess what he's averaging through 2 games this playoffs.......13.0 ppg.
    Pau does seem more emotionally invested in the team at the moment and his 6.5 assists per game is beautiful.
    For the season the most glaring things have been his lowest shooting percentage since the 03-04 season, his lowest PPG of his career and by far his lowest free throw attempts in his career. His shooting % on non layups/dunks is by far the lowest of his career as well. Offensive rebounds....yes another career low this year.
    I won't even go into the defensive issues.
    Pau is currently in line to remain in the top 6-10 highest paid players in the NBA for next season, his ability to avoid being traded is riding on this years playoffs.

Unfortunately for Pau, he has a coach who has no clue of how to run an offense which will consistently allow the bigs to play off each other.....in the hands of a good coach Pau would be deadly playing alongside Bynum and Kobe. Pau should be cutting to the hole for easy passes from Bynum as he's being doubled and then crossing to the side for a mid range jumper if it's not there....with Kobe or Barnes as the 2nd cutter after Pau clears. There is no way this could be stopped.......but Mike Brown All the tools at his disposal....but none of the brains required to use them. Maybe he should look at film of how Webber and Vlade played together....or..........??? & ???