Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Marcus Camby Traded To Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Nah, not putting the whole blame but generally, great defensive centers/anchors do a great job of protecting the rim. That's what Camby's dubbed to be, I mean being the DPOY and all. However, he's far from it and doesn't impact the game nearly as much as an elite anchor should. Look at guys like Duncan and Garnett. Never will their teams be bad on defense, not just because of other factors but them. Ditto for the prime Ben Wallace. Ditto for insert any elite defensive center/shotblocker. Camby just isn't that guy. All stats. Completely overrated. Nuggets were awful on D, each facet of it.
    Obviously he is not at the level of Duncan/KG. But if put with a team that puts more focus on defense, his presence would be felt more. And if he plays for a team who knows how to rotate and be in the right spots, then his shot blocking would become invaluable.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

injury prone bdiddy

injury prone camby

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    he's not being ignorant. camby needs another big guy to take up space and bang inside so he can roam around for blocks. he was pure stats in denver.
    he's being ignorant in saying camby is the most overrated player in the NBA.
    camby is a top defender in the paint. yeah hes better as a shotblocker/help defender but still hes not overrated.

Make your predictions guys, Davis/Camby play together for how many games?: Over/Under 60 games

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Make your predictions guys, Davis/Camby play together for how many games?: Over/Under 60 games
    Probably under, but I say they both play over 60 games.

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    camby is a top defender in the paint. yeah hes better as a shotblocker/help defender but still hes not overrated.

i think playing with kaman and under dunleavy, who is more structured than karl, will benefit camby. he played with a bunch of idiots defensively in denver and that caused a lot of his lapses. he is overrated in the sense that he probly shouldnt have won the dpoy last year but i think he has a chance to prove his doubters wrong in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Most likely around 50 games together.
    Possibly if things go right about 65.
    Guaranteed to still be overrated for every single second.

Clippers are making the playoffs next season, Al Thornton will be their best offensive player. How about that prediction!?

I say 7th seed, and about 52 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    Yeah, he sure is not overrated. Because being a top defender in the paint as you put it, that would mean he'd actually improve the team he's on by defending in the paint, altering shots and so on. In theory, yeah. In reality, Denver was possibly the worst defensive team in the NBA. So much for that. And the ignorance of suggesting that someone who gets the DPOY should actually at least make his team a bad defensive team. Yet Nuggets weren't even good enough to be considered just bad.

i wonder if theyre planning to put kaman at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    i wonder if theyre planning to put kaman at the 4.
    Camby will likely play the 4

Banned

I can't believe Denver would make this trade for a future 2nd rounder.

Denver better have some other move up their sleeve because they could be looking extremely stupid because there's a 90% chance either Nene or K-Mart misses more than 30 games next season.

I agree Camby was all stats and didn't have an impact on the game but his almost 4 BPG and 13 RPG is definetly going to be missed by Denver.

Don't worry Camby & Kaman could play together,Camby is an underrated passer who makes smart decisions with the basketball which can open up their shooters Davis,Gordon,& Cutt on the perimeter.

Camby & Kaman=25.8 RPG 6.4 BPG
    Arguably on paper this is the best Defensive Twin Towers in the NBA.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    Clippers are making the playoffs next season, Al Thornton will be their best offensive player. How about that prediction!?

I say 7th seed, and about 52 wins.
    No way.

8th seed 46 Wins

Al Thornton will be their 2nd best offensive player.

LA still has a little cap room and then they have the MLE,it'd be great if they added Matt Barnes or Ryan Gomes for the MLE.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Yeah, he sure is not overrated. Because being a top defender in the paint as you put it, that would mean he'd actually improve the team he's on by defending in the paint, altering shots and so on. In theory, yeah. In reality, Denver was possibly the worst defensive team in the NBA. So much for that. And the ignorance of suggesting that someone who gets the DPOY should actually at least make his team a bad defensive team. Yet Nuggets weren't even good enough to be considered just bad.
    defense is about a team concept not one player

and trust me camby did improve the defense take him away and denver does not make the playoffs last year

In It to Win It

It's OFFICIAL - The Nuggets have NO DEFENSE whatsoever.