Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Worst Jazz draft pick in history

Quote Originally Posted by joshwake
    FFS it has nothing to do with the god damn color of his skin. He brings nothing to Utah they dont already have. I watched him enough to know he is a decent rebounder and an ok slasher. Utah is fine in both departments. Utah needs a shooter to spread the floor, no help there. They need a good wing and or defensive presence in teh middle, no help there. You can always use more athletecism, no help there. Shot blocking or defense in general...?? no help...

What does he bring to the team that they need??
    He brings offensive rebounding. He's a three point shooting threat. He gets to the foul line(30% of his points are from the foul line). He bring excellent size at his position. He's an effective ball handler. And he can be a legit point forward. He's a good passer. And has a high basketball Iq. And he's a good defensive player. He has played both the 3 and the 4 in college. He's a very versatile player. And he's a good slasher
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 06-24-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    He brings offensive rebounding. He's a three point shooting threat. He gets to the foul line(30% of his points are from the foul line). He bring excellent size at his position. He's an effective ball handler. And he can be a legit point forward. He's a good passer. And has a high basketball Iq. And he's a good defensive player
    His 3 pt shooting is a crap shoot. What did he shoot behind the college 3 last year?? 26%? He is a good rebounder but he wont get many as the 3rd string SF. He brings size but he is not a good defender... so how does that help? SF is one of the most athletic positons, he will just get driven around all day long. Go ahead and look at what he shot behind the COLLEGE 3pt line last year.

I have no problem with this pick at say 18 or so.,,, but at 9!!? there were several better picks Utah could have taken.

Quote Originally Posted by joshwake
    His 3 pt shooting is a crap shoot. What did he shoot behind the college 3 last year?? 26%? He is a good rebounder but he wont get many as the 3rd string SF. He brings size but he is not a good defender... so how does that help? SF is one of the most athletic positons, he will just get driven around all day long. Go ahead and look at what he shot behind the COLLEGE 3pt line last year.

I have no problem with this pick at say 18 or so.,,, but at 9!!? there were several better picks Utah could have taken.
    He was an amazing 3 point shooter but for the second half of the season they forced him to create his 3 point shot off the dribble as opposed to just being a knock down shooter. That's a hard adjustment to make mid season for any young player but he clearly has the ability.

He wasn't a good defender in college?
    He spent most of his time defending power forwards whiles his natural position is the 3. But he was still effective because he never gives up on plays he ralerly gives his man lanes to the basket . He also uses his Iq on the defensive end and understand the tendencies of the players he's guarding.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Unless Utah can get rid of AK or Miles soon he is their 3rd string small forward.....
    Why couldn't they get rid of them if they wanted? AK is one of the most valuable players in the league with a contract that expires at the end of the season. Miles contract is low for the way he played at the end of the year and he's still very young and continues to show improvement every year. I don't expect them to get rid of either because the Jazz like to stand pat.

He brings nothing to Utah they dont already have.
    They have no one other than AK over 6'6" at the 2 or 3 and 2 of them are free agents.

Aldrich at least made sense.
    How when they already have Koufos?

Worst pick would have to be Larry Knight I'd think. Never even played in the league. Than you'd have to go with Wright. Walter Palmer, Ortiz, Duren etc. off the top of my head.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

whoever between koufos and fesenko complained that the fans' balloons took him out of the game is the worst jazz pick in history.

No comparison between the two. Fessenko is a stiff. Koufos is highly skilled. Too bad his coach isn't.

Terrible. Very bad pick. I'll wait to see him play, but I don't see much upside opportunity here.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Terrible. Very bad pick. I'll wait to see him play, but I don't see much upside opportunity here.
    Go to the thread in the Jazz team forum

You'll come around when Jerry falls for him.

I love Hayward and can't wait to see him play. I'm a little disappointed he went to Utah though. When I saw the pick I just sorta chuckled but I wasn't sure why I did, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Go to the thread in the Jazz team forum
    Sorry man. I would, but I swore off that forum a while back, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Sorry man. I would, but I swore off that forum a while back, and I'm sticking to it.
    Wow at people pretending that another great white american will never come.

He brings offensive rebounding. He's a three point shooting threat. He gets to the foul line(30% of his points are from the foul line). He bring excellent size at his position. He's an effective ball handler. And he can be a legit point forward. He's a good passer. And has a high basketball Iq. And he's a good defensive player

He was an amazing 3 point shooter but for the second half of the season they forced him to create his 3 point shot off the dribble as opposed to just being a knock down shooter. That's a hard adjustment to make mid season for any young player but he clearly has the ability.

He wasn't a good defender in college?
    He spent most of his time defending power forwards whiles his natural position is the 3. But he was still effective because he never gives up on plays he ralerly gives his man lanes to the basket . He also uses his Iq on the defensive end and understand the tendencies of the players he's guarding.
    '
    I mean give me a 6'9 forward who can handle the ball, can get to the foul line, can shoot the ball, Has a high basketball iq, can rebound, can slash to the rim, can pass and can defend any day of the year.

Couldn't be happier with our pick
    In Soviet Russia Thread comes to you

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

He'll be fine. Kid is smart, has tangible skills, and looks like he wants to get better. A reach for him, but he's been proving people wrong all year long. He's faired well against NBA talents like Wes Johnson, or athletic defending teams like Michigan State and Kansas State. Not a terrible pick.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    No comparison between the two. Fessenko is a stiff. Koufos is highly skilled. Too bad his coach isn't.
    sorry i never learned who was who

The stiff was the one Jerry loved and the talented one was the one in the D-league. LMAO!