Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Official Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 thread

damn.. eg gets thorzain!

Oh the Bealsanity

Anyone going to buy D3? I'm heavily considering it. I bought this nice laptop without anything to test its specs on!

Plus, I was huge a D2 fan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    damn.. eg gets thorzain!
    Big pickup for sure. He's doing quite well in the SCAN invitational today from what I've seen as well.

Next week is huge. MLG spring arena 2(won't watch), proleague with SC2 begins, and GSL finals.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Damn..... I'm hearing some REALLY bad things. Supposedly it only takes 6 freaking hours to beat on average. People are PISSED. Here's a comment on review.

"Diablo 3 is out. It took 11 years to make. The graphics look 10 years old and its only 6 hours long. But don't worry kids you can buy hats with moms credit card!"

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Damn..... I'm hearing some REALLY bad things. Supposedly it only takes 6 freaking hours to beat on average. People are PISSED. Here's a comment on review.

"Diablo 3 is out. It took 11 years to make. The graphics look 10 years old and its only 6 hours long. But don't worry kids you can buy hats with moms credit card!"
    The rage i am hearing is people who cant get past the login servers. It definitely takes more than 6 hours to beat the game. Ive been playing for 10 hours and my guy is only level 22. That quote you posted sounds like its just from some random hater, the graphics and physics are great, definitely not 10 years old.

btw, the game is incredible. I have been anticipating this game for a decade and I think blizzard delivered.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 05-16-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    The rage i am hearing is people who cant get past the login servers. It definitely takes more than 6 hours to beat the game. Ive been playing for 10 hours and my guy is only level 22. That quote you posted sounds like its just from some random hater, the graphics and physics are great, definitely not 10 years old.

btw, the game is incredible. I have been anticipating this game for a decade and I think blizzard delivered.
    Do I need a nice rig to run it? I can run Wow without problems for most part but I had serious issues with SWTOR.

Oh the Bealsanity

Yea I think most of the negative reviews stem from frustrations with the servers than with the game itself.

I'll probably buy it sometime this weekend. Think I'm going to go Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Do I need a nice rig to run it? I can run Wow without problems for most part but I had serious issues with SWTOR.
    It has higher requirements than wow, but I have been playing on my old macbook pro with a crappy 256mb video card and it runs fine on my comp.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    Yea I think most of the negative reviews stem from frustrations with the servers than with the game itself.

I'll probably buy it sometime this weekend. Think I'm going to go Monk.
    I have been loving my Monk, made it up to level 25 and act III so far. The physics engine in the game is suprisingly advanced, and monk really showcases the physics engine by letting you throw enemies all over the place, very fun.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 05-16-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Diablo III DRM

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Diablo III DRM
    It's probably the main reason I won't play this game for a year or so. No point in getting frustrated over not being able to play a single-player game because the company's servers are broken. This is going overboard when it comes to piracy/hacking protection.

I wasn't anticipating Diablo 3 too much. I loved the first 2 games and especially played the hell out of Diablo 1 online even with item duping and constant hacking around. Then a couple days ago I got excited about this until all these reports.

I played some SCII last night.. first time in a few months. Had to do a qualification match. I got the shit knocked out of me. GG'd. Exited game

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    It's probably the main reason I won't play this game for a year or so. No point in getting frustrated over not being able to play a single-player game because the company's servers are broken. This is going overboard when it comes to piracy/hacking protection.

I wasn't anticipating Diablo 3 too much. I loved the first 2 games and especially played the hell out of Diablo 1 online even with item duping and constant hacking around. Then a couple days ago I got excited about this until all these reports.
    The servers are not that bad. Aside from a few hours on release day they have hardly been down at all. DRM is annoying, but the game is way better without hackers/spammers, and in diablo 2 you couldnt play your online characters when the servers were down anyway (and who actually played a single player char in diablo 2?). I think all the crying about the servers and DRM is totally overblown. All things considered I think the release went really well. Then again, I also liked the ending to Mass Effect 3. Some gamers will cry about anything/everything.

I just killed the last boss in the game and moved on to Nightmare difficulty on my Monk. My only gripe is that the game is too easy. I hear that it gets harder once you get to hell and inferno difficulty, but so far this game is pretty easy and forgiving compared to diablo 2.

I kinda want to play Witch Doctor. Too bad my computer passes req's with flying colors OUTSIDE OF graphics . It says I can run Wow or SWTOR with low-med settings but not diablo 3.