Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Next great international Big man(Predicted to go number 4) This year

They Predict he goes number 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MBYJ-w7k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6MYzLOBt4

Apparently he has good back to the basket moves and is a finesse big man but he also posses a consistent perimeter jumpshot

Videos: (he's wearing the white jersey #11)
    http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=kHiw8ZANXcE
    http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ92hs-8p8w
    http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAhBePHCss
    http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=Bug1wOOz7oA
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 01-16-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Default Re: The International Prospect predicted to go number 4 in the draft

He also has great footwork as we're accustomed to seeing from international big men. But to defend with bigger men in the Nba he needs to get stronger.

He's one of those versatile international big man that can do a bit of everything,can knock down the jumper play with their back to the basket and has great footwork.
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 01-01-2010 at 11:22 AM.

I don't like that sentence about him being lazy and content at playing better, not dominating his opponents....attitude is one of the most underrated aspects of an NBA player, especially for a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    I don't like that sentence about him being lazy and content at playing better, not dominating his opponents....attitude is one of the most underrated aspects of an NBA player, especially for a rookie.
    Well thats something he can mature into but yea once he goes in the Nba I don't think that not dominating his opponents thing will be a factor, the second he goes against someone like Amare I think he's gonna get that knocked right out of him

He reminds me Gasol in a way because he can basiclly do everything and that versatility is something you don't see everyday but you see alot oversees
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 01-01-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Yep - this rarely changes.

I foresee Darko 2.0 - at least in attitude.
    Reminds me of Nikoloz Tskitishvili as a player.
    Last edited by G-train; 01-01-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Here's a vid that has clips of him agienst team Usa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2ZhphUIiQ

The euros play a lot different game to the NBA. You see guys like Gallinari, Bargnani, Scola. They all have limited success, just for the fact that the game is a lot different to that of the NBA. It's not that they won't succeed in the NBA it's more that they won't turn out to be "superstars"

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    The euros play a lot different game to the NBA. You see guys like Gallinari, Bargnani, Scola. They all have limited success, just for the fact that the game is a lot different to that of the NBA. It's not that they won't succeed in the NBA it's more that they won't turn out to be "superstars"
    It depends there's some big men like Dirk, and Gasol that have success because they can do everything . And basically I see that in this guy He can shoot, Has great back to the basket moves, is athletic, can pass the ball, can rebound is a good shot blocker(Need Improvements) and is great on the break

The thing that popped out about me him first to me is that he's a great rebounder

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

His skills looked solid in that vid. I'd like to see some tape of him defending and rebounding in traffic though.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Other than finishing skills, this guy looks ALOT like KG on offense. I like what I see. Moves well with the ball in his hands. Has a decent stroke off the dribble. That sh*t is invaluable at 7'0.

I'm impressed. His defense is probably trash, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Other than finishing skills, this guy looks ALOT like KG on offense. I like what I see. Moves well with the ball in his hands. Has a decent stroke off the dribble. That sh*t is invaluable at 7'0.

No he's actually a good defender but he needs to bulk up cause he gets posted up and dosen't have alot of muscle right now and alright shotblocker too

Lol I have vids of games of him I'm watching right now.

His 3 point shot is very consistent though

And he's a good free throw shooter
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 01-01-2010 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Yep - this rarely changes.

I foresee Darko 2.0 - at least in attitude.
    Reminds me of Nikoloz Tskitishvili as a player.
    Number 5 pick to DEnver, 2002.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkn8mzXVEvQ

Busted.

why? it takes a special mindset and attitude to succeed as a tall jumpshooting euro in the NBA. Dirk and Danilo have it - this kid doesnt. 3 years and out.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

The vid is deceiving - he is nothing like KG on offense. He isn't half the finisher of KG and he plays much more around the 3PT line.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    The vid is deceiving - he is nothing like KG on offense. He isn't half the finisher of KG and he plays much more around the 3PT line.
    He actually likes to play inside. So he can get offensive rebounds. He uses his 3 point shot to make it easier for others to play around him.