Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?

Quote Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
    St. Louis. BOOOOORING. Once you see the arch then what else can you possibly do?
    you are nuts. there is lots of fun to be had in st. louis.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?u

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Well considering i'm from the city that has consistently been in the bottom 10 for fattest, poorest, most dangerous, most polluted, dumbest and most miserable, most places I've been have impressed me
    Come on, B-Low.

You are supposed to be repping our great city, not ripping it. Maple Heights FTW!

The biggest sh!thole I've ever been to is probably St. Maarten, followed closely by LA. I went on a cruise through the Caribbean a few years ago and St. Maarten was one of the stops. The tourist area was well-kept as you would expect, but I always check out the actual cities when I go places, even if it is recommended that you don't stray from the tourist areas (as the staff did on this particular stop).

I soon discovered why travel into town is frowned upon. It was extreme poverty, an ungodly amount of drug-dealers that flock to any Americans that they see (in a bit of a scary way) and I even had a man offer me an underage prostitute (I was only outside of the tourist area for about an hour).

Guy in a white suit driving a Benz pulled over to the sidewalk me and my buddies were walking on with a girl of about 13 in the passenger side and asked us if we were looking for a party while patting her leg. It was so disturbing, I didn't even know how to respond.

LA was basically my nightmare city, though. Insanely dirty, crowded, sprawling and a generally awful vibe in the air that is hard to describe. The weather may be warm, but that is one cold city at its core. No one looks happy, it takes two hours to drive 10 miles... Awful.

St. Louis. BOOOOORING. Once you see the arch then what else can you possibly do?
    I was shitting bricks when I made it to the top of the arc man. Shit seems so scary when you look down.

NBA Superstar

Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

war amps for days!

Breweries?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Kabul.
    You win.

Honestly the worst ive ever been to was the outskirts of New Orleans. Yeah the areas that are all touristy are beautiful and fun (Bourbon St, etc) with all the mardi gras themes, fountains, music, dancing, food...but if you go to the actual hoods of NO then good lord. It was horrible (and this was PRE katrina)

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I don't really have a definitive worst city that I've been to. My favorite city outside of Pittsburgh that I've been to is probably Chicago or Pheonix. I really loved the whole state of Arizona.
    That's not the first time I've heard somebody boast about Arizona. Apparently it's one of the most beautiful places to live or travel to in all of North America...

roll on dubs with Nelly?

Default Re: What's the worst city you have been to?u

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    LA was basically my nightmare city, though. Insanely dirty, crowded, sprawling and a generally awful vibe in the air that is hard to describe. The weather may be warm, but that is one cold city at its core. No one looks happy, it takes two hours to drive 10 miles... Awful.
    What did you think about places like Santa Monica/Venice Beach? While I agree with the core of your post, there are some fun areas.

I think part of the appeal of being LA is being far away from home, and searching for that "quinessential SoCal" experience, which can be found in places south of.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I don't know about the city , but the traffic is the worst I've ever encountered.
    It puts Chicago to shame.

Beloit Illinois - - - why did they name it after the city across the border in Wisconsin ? Ying vs Yang

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    I was shitting bricks when I made it to the top of the arc man. Shit seems so scary when you look down.

I guess thats why they call it a shitty city

Dallas is fun as hell and I've been all over to major cities in the US and didn't grow up here so I don't know what you are talking about dude.

Sounds like you were just an idiot that didn't know where anything was or how to get there without using highways. I can walk to bars and clubs no sweat and can just jump onto the DART for further places.

Lubbock, Texas and South Bend, Indiana have to be the two worst places I have been to in the US.
    Last edited by kentatm; 10-28-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zay_24
    For me it would be Dallas. One of the fastest and diverse cities but yet everything is spaced out far as ****. The weather is horrible and the people who were born n raised here are oblivious to how lame their city is comparred to others. Not to mention they take their whole style from other cities then claim it as their own.

Crime rise it's LA by far. Drivebys cop shootings, etc. Stuff was crazy.

Go back to Omaha or wherever the hell you're from then...

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    I haven't been to the USA, but Athens, Greece is the worst I've encountered in my travels. The city is a dirty, decrepit shithole, crime is rife (I met a guy who had been robbed twice and he had only been there since that morning), and people shoot up smack a few feet from police officers. Add all that to the shootings and street crime and you have an absolute armpit of a city.
    Sure, they've got the Acropolis, but there's a lot more to Athens than that... Almost all of it shit.

Quoted for f*cking Truth. Like Manute, I haven't been to the states, but Athens was a hole. Didn't help that it was 47 degrees C (thats 116F) when I was there. Even the airport sucks, I would have thought it would have been decent after the Olympics.

Sao Paolo was pretty bad too, didn't get to explore it properly though.