Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: MJ playoff points record is going to be shattered

Guys, Kobe is also going to shatters KAJ's record. Oh my god, am I impling something here too ?

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    The difference between 50% and 45% on 20 attempts is one shot per game. I'm just talking math here, nothing attached to names.

:)

NO IT' IT'S NOT....

If i take 20 and hit 10 for 50%...you take 20 hit 9 for 45%....you have to hit your next to shots to hit 50%.

You're 2 shots off pace. That adds up majorly over the course of a season.

Let's put it this way....if it was essentially just "1 shot", and it's so damn close. Then how come Kobe hasn't had add least ONE DAMN SEASON of 50%FG ?? If it was close, the odds would have swung in favor of 50%FG at least once.

Don't bring "3-pointers" into the argument either. Kobe's had a few seasons taking just 2-3 attempts from 3 and still never came close to 50%FG

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Guys, Kobe is also going to shatters KAJ's record. Oh my god, am I impling something here too ?

So you want Kobe to shatter KAJs record so a muslim doesn't hold the records?

Fckin' racist.

And proud of it. Wacchu gonna do ?

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    I think Kobe approaches the game fine, he's also a great playoff game performer.....but when you start comparing him, too arguable the best playoff performer, he comes up short period. Kobe in my mind tends to try to force the memorable moment too often....two seasons ago against the Suns, dude played brillant basketball, it was pure art watching him play that series. He played in the frame of the offense, took high quality shots, took what the defense gave him...therefore outstanding series performance.
    Nobody is comparing them though. It was simply pointed out that a recored will be broken.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Nobody is comparing them though. It was simply pointed out that a recored will be broken.
    I know the OP's intention was not to compare, I simply replied to Deuce Bigalow who was doing exactly that

This thread is awfully premature. I will say I believe that it will happen, but all it takes is one injury and that hope is gone. If the Lakers play 12 games this playoffs, and he gets injured next year then he may never play another playoff game in is life.

I wish him the best of health though, and I want to see him hold that record. Just one more cherry on the sundae that is Kobe Bryant's NBA career. Truly one of the greats.

The amazing thing is that MJ is the only player to even average 30+ ppg in the playoffs for a career. In fact he is basically 4 ppg higher than anyone else. Not to mention Kobe has already played 34 more playoff games than MJ due to him going to a winning organization from the get go with a guy in his prime who was top 3 in the league from the get go.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    The amazing thing is that MJ is the only player to even average 30+ ppg in the playoffs for a career. In fact he is basically 4 ppg higher than anyone else. Not to mention Kobe has already played 34 more playoff games than MJ due to him going to a winning organization from the get go with a guy in his prime who was top 3 in the league from the get go.

Jordan dumped 49 and 63 in the second playoff series he ever played against the eventual NBA champion Boston Celtics on their NBA-record 40-1 home floor.

Just a sign of things to come....

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Jordan dumped 49 and 63 in the second playoff series he ever played against the eventual NBA champion Boston Celtics on their NBA-record 40-1 home floor.

Just a sign of things to come....
    and got swept

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    and got swept

Yes....his sorry ass team got swept by the NBA Champion Celtics. Jordan didn't have the luxury of coming to a team that won 56 games the year prior like someone we both know....

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Yes....his sorry ass team got swept by the NBA Champion Celtics. Jordan didn't have the luxury of coming to a team that won 56 games the year prior like someone we both know....
    KOBE

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

34 more playoff games and still has 62 fewer rebounds, 11 fewer assists, 75 fewer steals and 15 fewer blocks than MJ.

MJ took 166 more shots than Kobe, but incredibly Kobe has already missed 83 more field goals.

PPG>>>>>>>>>>>Total points when you have a decent sample size.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

And what championship does that 56 win team have?