Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Did you kill the dude in the end or let him live?
    Spoiler in white, make sure no one sees it

[COLOR="White"]Killed him[/COLOR]

I haven't played this game in 4 days, my knee feels better so I am outside playing ball and lacrosse. I'm still at 24%, but like GOBB said...this game just keeps getting better and better, deeper and deeper.

Very good NBA starter

Not a hugeeeee spoiler, but anyways, check white.

[COLOR="White"]I heard if you let him live, you get to do some extra missions for the dude and then there is some like tragic, sad, crazy insane ending, no idea what though, wikipedia isn't telling me ****. Nevermind, just checked what happend.[/COLOR]

I am Chris Wilcox

How the hell do you do the Holland Nights mission? Everytime I try it, I get killed either by the thugs trying to protect the guy I'm after or the police?

I'm also stuck on Packie's mission, where I have to rob a bank. I tryed to run down the alley at the side of the bank, where there was a cop car, but surrouned by cops, I tried to get into it, but got killed straight away. Sh!t is pissing me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    How the hell do you do the Holland Nights mission? Everytime I try it, I get killed either by the thugs trying to protect the guy I'm after or the police?
    What mission is that? I cant remember.

I'm also stuck on Packie's mission, where I have to rob a bank. I tryed to run down the alley at the side of the bank, where there was a cop car, but surrouned by cops, I tried to get into it, but got killed straight away. Sh!t is pissing me off.
    You get 7 grenades...when you run down the alley and see the cop car? Dont hop in it. Take a grenade, toss it towards the cop car...then run for cover. Cop car will blow up, you and packie/other guy will kill any cops and advance forward. At the end of the alley way on your left and right cop cars and cops. Kill the cop at the dumpster, then take a grenade and throw it at the cop car on your left. Run for cover....cop car blows up, another path is cleared. You 3 start running....just keep running. There will be a big street with cops/cars in both direction. I ignore those and keep running. You'll hit another street where cop cars and SWAT van block the street....throw a grenade at the cop car to your right (thats the street u eventually run down)....take cover. And kill any SWAT/cops coming towards you. When you clear that car away you will run down the street. Be careful there are cops on the 2nd floor of buildings (fire escape)...you get into a gun fight...kill them and run straight ahead (follow packie). Dont worry about the cop cars or anything....just haul ass and then you'll be taken to another scene where you run down the subway to get away. Down the subway all you do is gun fights. Kill the guys so they wont shoot/kill you and advance. You'll come to a point where you jump down tracks...when you do? Just keep running to the yellow marker...dont worry about the cops behind you...they wont follow/chase. They just shoot so run to that yellow marker, then run up the flight of steps to the next yellow marker (which will be the street). Soon as you hit the street (dont worry packie and dude are behind you)...find a car. There should be one parked. Hop in and lose your warning level. Tough but not hard.

The key when you're running in the tunnel is soon as you hit that yellow marker? Speed up the steps to the street. Faster u go the better chance u have a head start on cops. If you go slow, BS, or even go the wrong way (really no wrong way, just go up the steps and up and up) cops will arrive and you gotta shoot out/find a car. The faster you get to the street? Easier you can speed off and lose the warning level.

What i did? Soon as i got in the car. I press START, found a body garage and placed the red marker on it. Then followed the green path leading me to the body garage...that way you can get in there, they spray paint your car and warning level gone. Trying to out speed them is gonna be tough and you havent met Kiki who can LOSE your cop warning level up to 3 stars.

Long post, but this is how its done (took me 9 tries, no one told me to use grenades for cop cars until the 7th attempt lol)

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Not a hugeeeee spoiler, but anyways, check white.[/COLOR]
    (spoiler in white text, dont quote if u dont wanna read)

Wow! [COLOR="White"]They didnt give me that option! I guess because i was just shooting dude the f*ck up, i guess i didnt see the "kill or let live" option. Arrrrrrgh, more missions i screwed up! [/COLOR]

Good thing i have another save...i kept another save to do the game different. There is an option for Dimitri or the money. I did Dimitri so i had this save to do the "Take the money" mission.

[COLOR="white"]Does Roman get killed at his wedding if you kill pegaraimo (however his name is spelled)?[/COLOR]
    Last edited by GOBB; 05-15-2008 at 06:29 PM.

yo vunit where u read that shyt? i swore there wasnt no option to let him live or kill. we must not be talkin about the final mission. link me to the shyt u read

Very good NBA starter

My friend sent me some sketchy link that said that, can't find it now (white text)

[COLOR="White"]Yeah he dies, but I didn't even see the choice to let him live or not, so I don't know, but wiki said "You can exact revenge on Dimitri, or strike a deal with him" and if you do the deal, you have some crazy ending apperently.[/COLOR]

Oh ok i know what you're talkin about. Spoiler in white...

[COLOR="White"]You have to make a decision. Seek revenge on Dimitri and go to the docks and kill him (there is no other choice) or make friends and take the money (go to a warehouse with phil bell and fight off all these guys, then chase the dude with the money). If you choose the money? During the wedding Roman gets killed. If you kill Dimitri? Roman doesnt get killed but Kate (Packie sister) does. Thus u seek revenge on the Pegalmaro mob guy who put out that hit because he feels u double crossed him with the diamonds. When u kill him there is no option[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Oh ok i know what you're talkin about. Spoiler in white...
    I took the 2nd option and sure enough, BAM gunned down in a drive by. I found hte bank job to be pretty easy. I died a couple of times, but as long as you use cover, you can get by with just the assault rifle.

I am Chris Wilcox

What mission is that? I cant remember.

You get 7 grenades...when you run down the alley and see the cop car? Dont hop in it. Take a grenade, toss it towards the cop car...then run for cover. Cop car will blow up, you and packie/other guy will kill any cops and advance forward. At the end of the alley way on your left and right cop cars and cops. Kill the cop at the dumpster, then take a grenade and throw it at the cop car on your left. Run for cover....cop car blows up, another path is cleared. You 3 start running....just keep running. There will be a big street with cops/cars in both direction. I ignore those and keep running. You'll hit another street where cop cars and SWAT van block the street....throw a grenade at the cop car to your right (thats the street u eventually run down)....take cover. And kill any SWAT/cops coming towards you. When you clear that car away you will run down the street. Be careful there are cops on the 2nd floor of buildings (fire escape)...you get into a gun fight...kill them and run straight ahead (follow packie). Dont worry about the cop cars or anything....just haul ass and then you'll be taken to another scene where you run down the subway to get away. Down the subway all you do is gun fights. Kill the guys so they wont shoot/kill you and advance. You'll come to a point where you jump down tracks...when you do? Just keep running to the yellow marker...dont worry about the cops behind you...they wont follow/chase. They just shoot so run to that yellow marker, then run up the flight of steps to the next yellow marker (which will be the street). Soon as you hit the street (dont worry packie and dude are behind you)...find a car. There should be one parked. Hop in and lose your warning level. Tough but not hard.

The key when you're running in the tunnel is soon as you hit that yellow marker? Speed up the steps to the street. Faster u go the better chance u have a head start on cops. If you go slow, BS, or even go the wrong way (really no wrong way, just go up the steps and up and up) cops will arrive and you gotta shoot out/find a car. The faster you get to the street? Easier you can speed off and lose the warning level.

What i did? Soon as i got in the car. I press START, found a body garage and placed the red marker on it. Then followed the green path leading me to the body garage...that way you can get in there, they spray paint your car and warning level gone. Trying to out speed them is gonna be tough and you havent met Kiki who can LOSE your cop warning level up to 3 stars.

Long post, but this is how its done (took me 9 tries, no one told me to use grenades for cop cars until the 7th attempt lol)
    Thanks, just completed that mission, using this way. Big help.

The Holland Nights, is a mission for the cop guy, can't remember his name now. But, you have to go to the appartment buildings and kill some drug dealer, problem is, the place is absolutely surrounded by the drug dealer's henchmen.

I am Chris Wilcox

Is it the projects? I think thats it....patience is key...use the cover system. Use the option where u press RB where it has you press up against a wall, then press the aim buttom. You'll automatically lock onto the bad guy around the corner. Keep advancing to the top...i usually crotch down and slow walk it up the steps holding the aim button so it'll lock on the first bad guy in my sights.

You gotta go to the top of the roof then you decide to kill or let dude live. The hard part is going back down...again more patience. Its tough because once u get to the top, you gotta go back down where cops are waiting.

Thats why dating Kiki might be helpful to lower ur wanted level.

I think this is the mission. I know there is another where you're in a building with bad guys. This is a hotel tho.
    Thanks. Patience is usually my weak spot, I'm way too eager and want to get things done quick.

Just picked this up today, finally, along with the Metal Gear Solid collection (parts 1-3). Only had an hour to play, but it seems nasty so far. Been through the windshield a few times already, hilarious feature.

I'll get into some of the serious missions tomorrow hopefully. But you're right, driving and fighting feel totally different than previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by benJAMin
    Just picked this up today, finally, along with the Metal Gear Solid collection (parts 1-3). Only had an hour to play, but it seems nasty so far. Been through the windshield a few times already, hilarious feature.

I'll get into some of the serious missions tomorrow hopefully. But you're right, driving and fighting feel totally different than previous versions.
    lol that windshield feature is nice but, sucks when you trying to get away from the cops and you crash they all rush you and kill you easily when your still trying to get up.

this game is HOT!!! got it for ps3, bout to start the serious missions, just started playing little while ago