Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Ask hateraid supplement advice PtII

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    Hi Hateraid,

For the last several months, I've been trying to gain some weight. I'm close to 5"11 and i fluctuate between 170 and 175 pounds...I've educated myself on better training methods and my strength has improved greatly..I've gained a little bit of size but not enough that I'm satisfied. I used a gainer called Stealth which i liked and i tried another called Carnivor Mass that i didn't like. I use a pre-workout called Assault when I am tired, which helps me with my energy to go hard in my workout....

However, every supplement i take just seems to make my sh*t alot, so im not sure how effective they are..and ive been going through alot of stress in my personal life (custody issues, breakup, potential problems with job security), which just makes me nervous all the time, so some days i have trouble eating and sleeping...my question is what else can i do to try to gain some weight and continue to gain strength when there are days that i don't eat alot due to stress and anxiety?
    Buddy, you need to deal with the stress first. Stress is the root of all problems in the body due to the fact it increases cortisol and inflammation.

Start with the same products I had suggested for Maga. Look into Geriforte(stresscare) by Himalaya. This should help keep your cortisol in check while helping with the anxiety. I had a friend who hated public speaking and would have major anxiety before speaking in public and after taking Geriforte for the first time he was able to pull through. It has no known side effects and is 100% organic and whole herb. In fact you would need a doctor's perscription to obtain this product.

Also get a good multi, specifically high in zinc. Or even take ZMA on it's own. Taken before sleep it can definately help calm the nerves and help you sleep like a baby. It also helps with proper hormone functions and growth hormone release while you are sleeping.

Also bottom line for growth is eating. If supplements make you sick, perhaps try individual ingredients. Like instead of Assault, take citrulline and caffiene pre-workout and see how you feel. If it's the gainer try smaller dosages and take more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    What's your take on vegetable juice, such as V8? Is it as effective as eating whole veggies?
    I really can't stand behind V8 since it is all from concentrate. The filtering proccess strips away alot of the nutrient content. It is also extremely high in sodium for my liking. The one positive I can take from it is that proccessing tomoatos is the only way that you can extract lycopene which is great for prostate support.

Buy a juicer. You get all the essentials from the raw vegetables. Or buy brands like Happy Planet.

Thanks for the positive comments! It's great to help out my fellow ISHers.

I'd rep back but it seems I'm limited to a certain amount a day. will get everyone back for the kind words

my friend bought me this few days ago, anyone know if its any good? what are the positives?

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi

my friend bought me this few days ago, anyone know if its any good? what are the positives?
    Not a big fan of the brand altogether. It's really not my place to cut down the competitors but they come in at an etremely low price which would lead me to believe corners may be cut. I've used soem of their products and they worked fine. For the same value we have a product called Gourmet. Anything from Dymatize is self manufactured, quality controlled and inspected and is certified Gluten free.

Magic Johnson

What are your thoughts on prohormones such as RPN Havoc, assuming I would use a SERM afterwards to negate the post-estrogen rise?

I rule the local playground Rojogaqu11's Avatar

I was given these:

The protein tastes pretty good and mixes quite nice, but I found it strange that it's been leaving some small colorless remnants at the bottom of the shaker bottle. They taste like wet paper. Not really a bother but maybe someone has an explanation.

The vitamins, I wouldn't be able to tell if they work great or not.

Also, how hard is it to put muscle mass and/or get nice athletic ability for a 30+ year old man? and do supplements work for someone the same at any age or athletic level?

Extreme novice question...how important are pre-workout supplements? I've trained off and on for years and I always just order a cheap 5 pound tub of MuscleMilk (cookies and cream flavor is delicious) and take that after a workout.

I want to start training again but more hardcore so I think I will look into more supplements. Suggest some of your products that will help me bulk? I'm going for a lean-cut look so no gaining type products if that makes sense. I wanna focus on getting the body fat down and I know that means a lot of cardio... ppl say cardio and training is a bad mix so I'm not really sure.

Basically I want a good pre-workout.. lol. try to address what else I said and suggest other products that will help me out

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    What are your thoughts on prohormones such as RPN Havoc, assuming I would use a SERM afterwards to negate the post-estrogen rise?
    I'm not entirely familiar with Havoc although I don't really buy into their claims. from what I hear it's technically not a prohormone but advertised as one.
    as for post-estrogen rise they say this will not cause it to spike at abnormal rates. I have a product under the banner BPI called Arimidex-HD. they seem to be categorized the same.

I'd say this product is pretty inconclusive despite these so called reviews. But if you're getting results all the power to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
    I was given these:

The protein tastes pretty good and mixes quite nice, but I found it strange that it's been leaving some small colorless remnants at the bottom of the shaker bottle. They taste like wet paper. Not really a bother but maybe someone has an explanation.

The vitamins, I wouldn't be able to tell if they work great or not.

Also, how hard is it to put muscle mass and/or get nice athletic ability for a 30+ year old man? and do supplements work for someone the same at any age or athletic level?

I've always like VPX. Ever since Redline I've been a fan. they've fallen off but they have decent products.

The theory that men produce results slower in their 30's is a myth. It's the build up of not taking yourself in your 20's that causes men to believe this effect in their 30's. In terms of athletic ability or fast twitch muscles,that may degrade over time, but fitness and physique can always develop. Boxers and bodybuilders fully mature in their late 30's. I'm in better shape now at 35 than when i was 25. It's all mindset. Supplementing will work the same at any level, it's all expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    If you want lycopene just chug some ketchup.
    exactly, or Tomato sauce if you don't want all that sugar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Extreme novice question...how important are pre-workout supplements? I've trained off and on for years and I always just order a cheap 5 pound tub of MuscleMilk (cookies and cream flavor is delicious) and take that after a workout.

I want to start training again but more hardcore so I think I will look into more supplements. Suggest some of your products that will help me bulk? I'm going for a lean-cut look so no gaining type products if that makes sense. I wanna focus on getting the body fat down and I know that means a lot of cardio... ppl say cardio and training is a bad mix so I'm not really sure.

Basically I want a good pre-workout.. lol. try to address what else I said and suggest other products that will help me out
    Xpand 2x may be the perfect fit for you. It's not just an extreme stimulant like other preworkouts on the market. It contains many ingredients which will keep you anabolic. It more focuses on the vasodialtoin and NO process than being a energy booster. These products allow more efficiency in protein synthesis and training

As for gaining size and getting lean, it is almost a physical impossibilty to do it simutaneously. It is best advised to do it based on one goal then the other. If you found the secret you'd have a breakthrough in the bodybuilding industry

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I'm not entirely familiar with Havoc although I don't really buy into their claims. from what I hear it's technically not a prohormone but advertised as one.
    as for post-estrogen rise they say this will not cause it to spike at abnormal rates. I have a product under the banner BPI called Arimidex-HD. they seem to be categorized the same.

I'd say this product is pretty inconclusive despite these so called reviews. But if you're getting results all the power to you!
    Havoc is the same compound is Epistane. It's a designer steroid.

And I wouldn't take an OTC SERM. I would buy a legit product like Novadex.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

what do you know about assault? The pre workout drink.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Hateraid is back! Used to follow up on your thread pretty closely before.

What do you think of sesamin-related products for fat burning? I'm not trying to take any shortcuts but just can't get rid of the extra few kilo's I need to within my time limit. Do you recommend this or any other products similar to this?