Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Article: OC Register - Are the Sacto Kings moving to Anaheim?

what do sacramento fans think?

Source: [COLOR=blue]Are the Sacto Kings moving to Anaheim?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]

The city of Anaheim apparently has not given up the fight to land an NBA team. And again, the folks at the Honda Center are considering one of the worst franchises.

Register columnist Randy Youngman is reporting via the [COLOR=#003399]Sacramento Bee [/COLOR]that [URL="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ducks-pronger-team-2307821-season-games"][B][COLOR=#003399]Anaheim is an

Sugar K

Default Re: Article: OC Register - Are the Sacto Kings moving to Anaheim?

i hope not cuz the oc sucks. i live there, but on the bright side, i can finally attend a kings home game?

Learning to shoot layups

I hope so that way we can have a fight for last place all within 30 miles!

Doubt it happens, Sacramento is also being quite agressive with the plans of building a new arena at Cal Expo.

Learning to shoot layups

^ yes but Sacramento does not have nearly as big of a population as the area down in OC and the honda center is a newer stadium with heavy population all around it ( LA is not far at all 10 minute drive)

Quote Originally Posted by winningfreak
    ^ yes but Sacramento does not have nearly as big of a population as the area down in OC and the honda center is a newer stadium with heavy population all around it ( LA is not far at all 10 minute drive)
    Yeah, LA is huge and it has 2 teams already.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

thatd be so damn confusing, Sacramento kings become the anaheim kings, their colors are purple black white, Anaheim is basically LA, then the hockey franchise los angeles kings play nearby and their colors are purple black and white

Why is there some theory that Sac is to small for a francise? the fans of the kings arnt just sacramento people. i guess people forget about Roseville, rocklin, folsom, auburn, Davis, wheatland, marysville, stockton, elderado hills, and all the other little places north of Sacramento that have no team close enough to call there own so they go to the kings. A couple bad years and people think there just moving. Kings go nowere and Sac is still a good market for A sports team. dont think it could support 2 major ones but for the kings. its gonna be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    thatd be so damn confusing, Sacramento kings become the anaheim kings, their colors are purple black white, Anaheim is basically LA, then the hockey franchise los angeles kings play nearby and their colors are purple black and white
    It's ok, we'll just call them the Anaheim Queens, just as I did Sacto during the good old days of the rivalry......I really miss the rivalry, the Kings were fun to watch, tough and scary as hell.....not like the boring ass Spurs.
    Need to keep the team in Sacto and rebuild the rivalry.....but lose those damn cowbells

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    I really wish they would move now... The Angels arent holding up and I need some type of sports in Anaheim!!

-Jim
    Last edited by jimm1909; 07-06-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Saw a basketball once

THis move needs to happen. We totally support all of our teams. We should get a football team also.

I would take the Clippers also. Either team would be fine with me as long as we can change the names. We would make them winners.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sak
    Why is there some theory that Sac is to small for a francise? the fans of the kings arnt just sacramento people. i guess people forget about Roseville, rocklin, folsom, auburn, Davis, wheatland, marysville, stockton, elderado hills, and all the other little places north of Sacramento that have no team close enough to call there own so they go to the kings. A couple bad years and people think there just moving. Kings go nowere and Sac is still a good market for A sports team. dont think it could support 2 major ones but for the kings. its gonna be just fine.
    Well yea I mean I would say half the season ticket holders if not more aren't from the Eldorado Hills/Granite Bay, Folsom area. There are a lot of Kings fans in random towns all across Nor Cal. I don't really know how places like Stocketon/Modesdo/Vacaville feel... but I'm sure there are quite a few Kings fans in places in and around those areas too. I don't think they are going anywhere either... but they do need some shit to start working out tho. I mean they have some talent, but no leadership and a lot of boneheads (mostly Tyreke and DeMarcus). When they were good tho it was great for the City and I want them to stay even tho I'm not a fan.

NBA lottery pick

As cool as it would be having another team in Socal I just can't see the market being able to support 3 teams. I'd be more for just eliminating a couple of teams from the league than I would having teams move to another city.

Three teams in So Cal.....geeez.
    I would like that cause I'd get to see hella b-ball games out there. Be like two more road games for the Lakers just an hour away and in Kobe backyard.

one2
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I usually don't even read here let alone but it doesn't look like I see a lot of ppl post on this forum.

But anyways i wonder what will happen within the following months. I know the Kings owners are fighting to keep the Kings in Sac town.

They just played their last game last night and many fans stuck around bit to enjoy what could be the last Kings post game lingering...

My heart goes out to Sacramento. I am a Sonics fans and it was sad to see them go.