Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 64653545556575859 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

are the suits beneficial for anything except cosmetics?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Don't know if it's been said before but I've had it lock up 3 times when players are inbounding in the 4th. The inbounder never passes and I can keep running around calling for pass but I have to save and exit and re load before he'll actually inbound. No 5 seconds call either.
    I had that happen when I was defending an inbound pass.... the ball was never thrown in, and no 5 seconds call was made. I too had to save, exit, and reload to bring it back to normal.

Another glitch I saw today was that, for some reason, the overlay scoreboard disappeared and I couldn't get it back without save/exit/reloading.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    lmao @ 2K showing how money hungry they are.

pathetic.
    Some of you guys are so funny... taking it so harshly that a business wants to make as much money as possible off its awesome product. The game has been out for like 5 days and I've seen all kinds of ways to circumvent the VC issues with My Team or whatever.

Also the complaining about the ratings are pretty silly too... we all know that once the season starts the ratings will be updateable so that they match the real-life production and skills of actual players. So does it really matter if Raja Bell (who the f*ck cares about Raja Bell) is a few of points too high?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Some of you guys are so funny... taking it so harshly that a business wants to make as much money as possible off its awesome product. The game has been out for like 5 days and I've seen all kinds of ways to circumvent the VC issues with My Team or whatever.

Also the complaining about the ratings are pretty silly too... we all know that once the season starts the ratings will be updateable so that they match the real-life production and skills of actual players. So does it really matter if Raja Bell (who the f*ck cares about Raja Bell) is a few of points too high?

This.
    Is it too hard to maybe just enjoy the god damn game? Yes, parts frustrate me, but overall it's a brilliant product.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot

Yes ratings do matter, I could come up with multiple names besides Raja Bell that are a complete joke, and show that 2K was completely lazy with their rosters and ratings. Also, I could give a shit about Raja Bell, I was making the comparison that it shows how lazy 2K is when Gordon Hayward is at a 68 who statistically should be higher than that.

Silly me for thinking they should at least have some of their rosters and ratings correct. Don't worry tho, adjusting the ratings myself. 2K makes good stuff, but their ratings and roster updates have been lacking.
    Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 10-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    are the suits beneficial for anything except cosmetics?
    And the accessories...

Because if they are, talk about overpriced. For the amount of a suit, I could take my layup from 80 to 99.

Has anyone bought signature skills? How effective are they?

Terrence Jones from Kentucky a 59. Andre Drummond is as well so I can see that given he is a raw prospect. Book or bust. But Terrence Jones does nothing to warrant a higher rating? BS

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Is it worth buying xbox live gold? Good investment for vc online?

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Terrence Jones from Kentucky a 59. Andre Drummond is as well so I can see that given he is a raw prospect. Book or bust. But Terrence Jones does nothing to warrant a higher rating? BS
    There's so many guys that I could name off that have absurd ratings.

Novak has been at a 53 for like what it seems almost 2 years. Gilbert Arenas is at a 76. Jason Kidd is a 80.

Jonny Flynn is a 74 rating, while the actual starting PG ahead of Flynn on the Pistons (Brandon Knight) is a 73.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    Is it worth buying xbox live gold? Good investment for vc online?
    If you play online games alot then its worth it. If not then no. Mostly all my games can be played online. Call of Duty games, Madden, nba2, Assassins Creed, Left 4 Dead, Max Payne, GTA, Red Dead Redemption. Some dont care about the online experience enough to pay. They knock out single player modes and move on. Others can spend hours playing online vs randoms, friends.

I think its worth it because xbox live has a lot of features that might interest you.

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

An easy, quick way to get VC is to play Blacktop, an easy 160 VC for every win.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDurant24
    An easy, quick way to get VC is to play Blacktop, an easy 160 VC for every win.
    Or you can do it via my player and dont have to play a blacktop game time and time again.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    If you play online games alot then its worth it. If not then no. Mostly all my games can be played online. Call of Duty games, Madden, nba2, Assassins Creed, Left 4 Dead, Max Payne, GTA, Red Dead Redemption. Some dont care about the online experience enough to pay. They knock out single player modes and move on. Others can spend hours playing online vs randoms, friends.

I think its worth it because xbox live has a lot of features that might interest you.
    I'm mostly just going to play nba2k13 if I get gold, maybe I should wait for some other good multi game! Thanks for answering btw!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

played a quick game as the clippers against the rockets, just thought i'd dump some thoughts out

- chris paul is really good. didn't get too many assists with him but his crossovers are dirty and driving ability is fantastic. free throw is a pain though, really weird release

- the amount of putbacks deandre jordan and blake griffin get for you seems unfair.

- bledsoe is really good. his shot is good although i find at the very peak of it because of his height it can be easy to block. but his speed and handles are so dirty, would love to have him on an association team.

- kevin martin jacks shots, especially 3's, like nobodies business.

- this game still has some collision issues, primarily on the fast break. i think this is something that will annoy me for this games duration.

- jamal crawford is still so good in this game. his crossover set is ridiculously deadly, and this is the best 2k game for crosses/driving so he's even better.

- i cannot get a hang of the post moves now, they're awful! i dont really bother because i cant do anything aside from a basic turnaround jumper. whenver i try to do some moves it wont let me release the shot...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    I'm mostly just going to play nba2k13 if I get gold, maybe I should wait for some other good multi game! Thanks for answering btw!
    Did you just get an xbox 360? Plenty of good multiplayer games by the way. What games are you into?