Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: List of Countries that Finished on Top of Canada in the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Canada is much smaller and place emphasis on much less sports, especially summer sports. Why OP made this thread is beyond me.
    Traitor.

just checked statistics on the total metal count in the 2010 winter olympics.

i didnt know the united states set a new record in total metals won at the winter olympics?

so with the summer olympic victory we just took the grandslam of the olypmpics and our beijing victory

2014 we are going for back to back to back to back

germany is the last country to win an olympics and that was the 2006 winter games.

and the united states has won every summer Olympiad since 1996... technically we won in 92' but 12 former soviet countries formed a unified team and beat us by four metals.

Want to know what makes me feel really accomplished? Sitting on my ass for 4 years and then bragging about other people winning Olympic medals.

Ahh....now we can go back to hearing about all of the problems in america again for four years.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Want to know what makes me feel really accomplished? Sitting on my ass for 4 years and then bragging about other people winning Olympic medals.
    This, lol.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Canada is much smaller and place emphasis on much less sports, especially summer sports. Why OP made this thread is beyond me.
    They place alot of emphasis on sports. It's just our sports culture is alot different up here. The Winter Olympics is a prime example. Canada dominated the gold medals despite having a smaller population. We focus more of our resources developing the winter sports. Our hockey programs are second to none and go through the same development as Americans do with football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

its your country... you support you country, and you when you country wins you get to tell other countries to suck it.

those are just the rules of life.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    They place alot of emphasis on sports. It's just our sports culture is alot different up here. The Winter Olympics is a prime example. Canada dominated the gold medals despite having a smaller population. We focus more of our resources developing the winter sports. Our hockey programs are second to none and go through the same development as Americans do with football.
    Fewer sports, not less effort in total across the board, they focus on fewer.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    just checked statistics on the total metal count in the 2010 winter olympics.

i didnt know the united states set a new record in total metals won at the winter olympics?
    your telling me that a country that ls mostly a frozen tundra does better in the winter olympics than the summer olympics?
    I wonder how you'd fair in the grammar rodeo?

Maybe if your country put a bit more into education and a little less into sport, there might not be so many of you that sound like such ignorant f*cking retards?

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I wonder how you'd fair in the grammar rodeo?

Maybe if your country put a bit more into education and a little less into sport, there might not be so many of you that sound like such ignorant f*cking retards?

i had the aguement the other day with LOJ... go find the thread reread it and it will explain everything you need to know.

the thread is called... you think my chick is ugly.

once again someone pulls out the all " you forgot an apostrophe" argument when they have nothing else to say.

NBA Superstar

i had the aguement the other day with LOJ... go find the thread reread it and it will explain everything you need to know.

the thread is called... you think my chick is ugly.

once again someone pulls out the all " you forgot an apostrophe" argument when they have nothing else to say.
    Look asshole, I could care less about spelling and grammar most of the time, but when you constantly spell 'medals' as 'metals' in a thread about winning OLYMPIC MEDALS, it means you are dumb as shit.

Just sayin
    real talk
    thought you should know

and no, re-reading a thread where you and LoJ are the main posters would be a mild form of torture.

Look asshole, I could care less about spelling and grammar most of the time, but when you constantly spell 'medals' as 'metals' in a thread about winning OLYMPIC MEDALS, it means you are dumb as shit.

Just sayin
    real talk
    thought you should know

and no, re-reading a thread where you and LoJ are the main posters would be a mild form of torture.

sorry... when i think of the word medal, i instantly think of metal.

you know, the stuff the medal is made out out of? so i wouldnt consider it that big of a mistake.

its just that when people loose and argument or get pissed off and have nothing else to say they critique their grammar and say

"har har, your dumb as shit."

when in reality, this is an nba forum and i never proofread my post, so a common mistake like accidentaly thinking metals, instead of medals is overlooked.

so if you enjoy critiquing grammar in post so much then i will tell you the same think i told LOJ.

go became and english teacher.

I imagine if lacrosse was an Olympic sport Canada would have a few more summer medals.

especially if it got broken down to indoor/outdoor mens/womens.

NBA Superstar

sorry... when i think of the word medal, i instantly think of metal.

you know, the stuff the medal is made out out of? so i wouldnt consider it that big of a mistake.
    Well, this is probably why you appear really dumb when you post, perhaps if you realized it was a big mistake, and it makes you sound like an idiot you would care. Yeah, I know I know you are really smart in real life, I can get that from your thoughts

its just that when people loose and argument or get pissed off and have nothing else to say they critique their grammar and say

"har har, your dumb as shit."

when in reality, this is an nba forum and i never proofread my post, so a common mistake like accidentaly thinking metals, instead of medals is overlooked.

so if you enjoy critiquing grammar in post so much then i will tell you the same think i told LOJ.

go became and english teacher.
    Damn son, you make it so easy

Well, this is probably why you appear really dumb when you post, perhaps if you realized it was a big mistake, and it makes you sound like an idiot you would care. Yeah, I know I know you are really smart in real life, I can get that from your thoughts

Damn son, you make it so easy

i find it funny when people correct grammar on hear. its like the except each post to be graded.

listen, i have gotten A's in every high school and collge level english course. when it comes time to proofread and make sure i do not make grammatical errors it is really really easy.

on this website i type as fast as i can because i thought that there weren't any eglish teachers or grades here.

what this website does have is a buch of stuck up assholes who cannot make reasonable arguments and resort to

"um you misspelled a word, haah dumbass"

or

"um you didnt put an apostrophe in your! i bet you didnt even know that your and you're are two different words"

or

jesus man im just typing and as long as you know what exactly what im trying to say then get over it.

i can argue this all day... and all you will is pinpoint grammatical errors which im not even trying to correct and prove my point that you have nothing else to say.

its quite funny really.