Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Can you think of a bigger potential scandal than Lebron using PEDs?

Sterns doping program is designed to fail.

If Armstrong can get around the post-98 testing of Tour De France for 7 years, then NBA players can't possibly be stupid enough to get caught during a 3 weeks summer olympics.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32

If Armstrong can get around the post-98 testing of Tour De France for 7 years, then NBA players can't possibly be stupid enough to get caught during a 3 weeks summer olympics.
    Every player does something. They are professional athletes who play a shit load of games/practices/scrimmages every year.. When you get to that level where it's your life and you have a bunch of knowledgeable doctors watching your every step guiding you through the procedures that keep you playing at a high level and minimizing injury its fine.

Now if we see all these guys develop some fvcked up shit 20 years from now then.. It will have been bad. But I honestly don't think that will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    He went through 3 different years of random drug testing at the olympics. Its unlikely he is using PEDs in the NBA. he may have been using during high school. i just really fathom how he is so much bigger and faster and stronger than everyone in high school.
    Lance Armstrong passed over 300 drug tests. You should read Tyler Hamilton's book "The Secret Race", it's really not that hard to beat a drug test.

I personally think the majority of the NBA uses PED's

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32

Yeah, it'd be exceptionally stupid to get caught during the Olympics. They're far less important to these player's careers. There are a number of guys I suspect of some PED use, primarily Dwight and Malone. I'm not positive either have done anything, but I'm positive quite a few athletes in every sport use PEDs, and many of them are guys you wouldn't expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    ...and getting caught? This is just hypothetical. I believe this would eclipse Tiger Woods' and Lance Armstong's situations easily.

Can you come up with another (that's non-deadly of course)?
    LeBron coming out of the closet, easily.

Edit: I think LeBron is on PEDs. I think that LeBron has a great body for it and they got him early and groomed him. That's why he was hyped for so long. That's also why I think guys are shorter now... they are doing that shit too early. Dwight looks like he could have been the same.

-Smak

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

I remember thinking during the 2009 ECF That he might be using ped's.

I don't think he is and here is my only evidence. Look at how healthy he is. One of the most common side effects of p.e.d. use is other health problems, ESPECIALLY Joint issues and infections. Which lebron pretty much has none of.

There are a bunch of Sports stars I suspect of using because of this... Tiger woods, Alex Rodriguez... But not lebron.

Very good NBA starter

I remember a couple years ago Lebron had surgery for a growth on his jaw that is linked to PED's or maybe I'm just making shit up. I can't remember exactly. Let's just say it wouldn't surprise me

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    I remember thinking during the 2009 ECF That he might be using ped's.

I don't think he is and here is my only evidence. Look at how healthy he is. One of the most common side effects of p.e.d. use is other health problems, ESPECIALLY Joint issues and infections. Which lebron pretty much has none of.

There are a bunch of Sports stars I suspect of using because of this... Tiger woods, Alex Rodriguez... But not lebron.
    I don't particularly suspect Lebron either, but it wouldn't surprise me. However, the health thing isn't all that suggestive. Barry Bonds was healthy until about age 40, fucked up his knee, iirc, but then played very well after that before retiring at 43. Sammy Sosa remained healthy as well, even with all the additional bulk.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Yeah, use pictures of HS LeBron to make your point. He got bigger, like Lance Armstrong's before and after. Look at how HUGE Lance Armstrong and all of the other cyclists got after using PEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    wouldnt touch the armstrong scandal. not even close.
    you realise everyone in the world knows lance? Lance is more popular worldwide than the entire NBA.
    I dont expect an american to realise this.
    bullshit.

National High School Star

why is lebron so SECRETIVE about his weight? dude hasnt had an honest weight since like 2004.

that right there is proof enough the dude is on something

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

I can't believe a PED thread has gone on this long and D12 hasn't been mentioned.