Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Zeller to Cleveland for 24th, 33rd,34th

azubuike is part of the trade

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    azubuike is part of the trade
    that makes it even worse for the mavs... i dont like this.

dont care tho if kidd doesn't resign.

Well at least the Cavs got a player back as well. Wondered why they overpaid so much.

came home from work saw the two players we drafted and am so pissed off i'm about to cry.

what a f*cking fail of a draft.

dion f*ckin waiters and f*cking tyler zeller?

i annticpated this shit so long and we f*cked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    came home from work saw the two players we drafted and am so pissed off i'm about to cry.

what a f*cking fail of a draft.

dion f*ckin waiters and f*cking tyler zeller?

i annticpated this shit so long and we f*cked it up.
    And when they produce and are quality players you'll be arguing with others who dont like them.

Get real, Cavs came away with 2 good prospects. Dion Waiters will work well with Kyrie Irving. And Tyler Zeller is solid big in the middle. Andy V isnt getting any younger.

Just off youth...

Irving
    Waiters
    Gee
    Thompson
    Zeller

That is good. Develop, grow and continue rebuilding. Cavs had one of the best drafts tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    And when they produce and are quality players you'll be arguing with others who dont like them.

Get real, Cavs came away with 2 good prospects. Dion Waiters will work well with Kyrie Irving. And Tyler Zeller is solid big in the middle. Andy V isnt getting any younger.

Just off youth...

Irving
    Waiters
    Gee
    Thompson
    Zeller

That is good. Develop, grow and continue rebuilding. Cavs had one of the best drafts tonight.

we could have had drummond, perry jones, quincy miller and doron lamb!

we could had beal and and quincy miller!

barnes, perry jones, doron lamb!!!!

tyler zeller??? what the f*ck man.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

we could have had drummond, perry jones, quincy miller and doron lamb!

we could had beal and and quincy miller!

barnes, perry jones, doron lamb!!!!

tyler zeller??? what the f*ck man.
    Name guys aren't always the way to go. There is a reason PJ3 dropped almost completely out of the first round. The Cavs weren't the only team to pass on him more than once. Same goes for Quincy Miller and Doron Lamb.

We couldn't have had Beal... Not sure where that is coming from. Who knows what we would have to lose to get him.

We'll see what kind of talent Waiters is. I honestly don't know enough about him to declare this an awful choice. The two guys I really wanted in this draft after Davis were Beal and MKG. Obviously, the opportunity to get one of them just wasn't there.

Barnes has never impressed me.

As for the Zeller trade, I thought it was a good one. Everyone knew full well we weren't bringing 3-4 rookies into camp. Trading 33 and 34 to move up several slots from 24? I can certainly live with that.

Zeller was the ACC Player of the Year and has a nice all-around game.

Don't have a problem at all with this trade. Waiters? We'll see. He better pan out, because Grant's future with the franchise is going to depend on him developing into a No. 2 piece on a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Name guys aren't always the way to go. There is a reason PJ3 dropped almost completely out of the first round. The Cavs weren't the only team to pass on him more than once. Same goes for Quincy Miller and Doron Lamb.

We couldn't have had Beal... Not sure where that is coming from. Who knows what we would have to lose to get him.

We'll see what kind of talent Waiters is. I honestly don't know enough about him to declare this an awful choice. The two guys I really wanted in this draft after Davis were Beal and MKG. Obviously, the opportunity to get one of them just wasn't there.

Barnes has never impressed me.

As for the Zeller trade, I thought it was a good one. Everyone knew full well we weren't bringing 3-4 rookies into camp. Trading 33 and 34 to move up several slots from 24? I can certainly live with that.

Zeller was the ACC Player of the Year and has a nice all-around game.

Don't have a problem at all with this trade. Waiters? We'll see. He better pan out, because Grant's future with the franchise is going to depend on him developing into a No. 2 piece on a good team.

wrong comment to quote....

this was my initial recation when i got home from work.
    go look for another thread about dion waiters.

still don't know about zeller

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

zeller is solid. a decent athlete (look at his combine) and a relatively smart player. still, when you are betting 3 to 1, even with the lower draft positions I am not sold.

I'm much more OK with the Zeller pick for what we gave up for him than the Waiters pick, to be totally honest. Not to say that Waiters won't pan out, but I just didn't think that Grant would reach like that at No. 4 two years in a row. Then again, there was a lot of hype around Waiters as the draft approached. He seemed to be moving up on everyone's board and I don't think he would have lasted too much longer had we passed on him.

What was Zeller? 17th pick? So, you give up 33 and 34 to move up seven places and go from a mid-20s pick to a mid-teens pick? I actually liked that. And, Zeller can play. I certainly prefer him to any of the guys the Mavs took with those three picks. I believe that Zeller will be a better player than any of those guys and that is all I need.

You knew damn well we weren't going to bring in four rookies. That was going to happen one way or the other.

reports were that charlotte wanted us to take back tyrus thomas, and we balked

if thats the case, then id be very annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    zeller is solid. a decent athlete (look at his combine) and a relatively smart player. still, when you are betting 3 to 1, even with the lower draft positions I am not sold.
    Cavs had already drafted one player by that point. They weren't going to bring in four rookies. At most, we were going to bring in three new guys. I'm honestly fine with the Zeller deal. I preferred it to just staying at 24, 33 and 34. Waiters is the pick that I'm not sold on. His character issues scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    reports were that charlotte wanted us to take back tyrus thomas, and we balked

if thats the case, then id be very annoyed
    Reports leading up to the draft weren't very good... So, I'd question that reporters, all of a sudden, have a solid source within either camp. Almost all reporters had Charlotte taking Robinson if they stayed at 2. I don't think I saw a single mock draft leading up to this thing that had MKG going No. 2. Seems to me like no one had any idea what was going on in this thing. After they picked MKG, Charlotte said that there was never anything close to a deal with Cleveland.

And, anyway, we need to see how these guys pan out before we call this Waiters pick a bad one... I try not to get too high or too low on draft night. Waiters looks like a beast getting to the rack and he averaged three steals a game last year. If he and Kyrie can work well together and the Cavs front office did their due diligence in making sure his character issues were unfounded, I will be interesting to see how he turns out.

He was high on just about everyone's board, though. Let's not pretend as if this pick came out of nowhere. He has been flying up boards for a reason. Guy seems to have crazy potential.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

seeing that they get bukake in the trade as well (a great UK player from the hayes years), it actually makes a lot more sense. zeller is clearly a tier above any of the 3 guys they traded, simply by being a decent center and kelenna is a solid wing defender and team player. I like the trade more as I look at the players taken. I am intrigued by clam crowder and there are several players still on the boards at 24 and 33-34 who I think will make good pros (but werent taken). Sideshow has always been best as a hustle 4 imo and zeller is a solid 5 prospect. I was actually hoping the pistons would take him (or leonard) over henson at 9. Didnt come down to it, but hes an underrated player (which is partially due to him being white and partially due to him being a senior). Seriously, look at the combine #s for centers without the names and you would never think his #s are his.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm much more OK with the Zeller pick for what we gave up for him than the Waiters pick, to be totally honest. Not to say that Waiters won't pan out, but I just didn't think that Grant would reach like that at No. 4 two years in a row. Then again, there was a lot of hype around Waiters as the draft approached. He seemed to be moving up on everyone's board and I don't think he would have lasted too much longer had we passed on him.

What was Zeller? 17th pick? So, you give up 33 and 34 to move up seven places and go from a mid-20s pick to a mid-teens pick? I actually liked that. And, Zeller can play. I certainly prefer him to any of the guys the Mavs took with those three picks. I believe that Zeller will be a better player than any of those guys and that is all I need.

You knew damn well we weren't going to bring in four rookies. That was going to happen one way or the other.

i knew we were gonna trade, and after my initial reaction i started to calm down and think about it and i really like the waiters pick.

and knowing that zeller is a true 7 footer with a pretty good shot and can take contact down below and score i'm starting to like it more.

defintely a better pick than fab melo...and most likely a top 2-3 maybe even the best.

if drummond and meyers leonard both bust.

is henson considered a center? it says power forward but i dont know.

i believer zeller will be better than hansborough though. so we will see.