Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: #100

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    IT would be hard to find 25 centers more ttalneted than Yao but better production let me try

Wilt
    Jabbar
    Russ
    THurmond
    Reed
    Unseld
    Cowens
    Walton
    Hakeem
    DROB
    Lambieer
    Ewing
    ALonzo
    Mutombo
    George Milkin
    The Ed guy the celtics traded for Russ
    Moses Malone
    Robert parrish
    this is off the top of my head and no order but cant think of anyone id rank over Yao at this point but D Howard
    I put Ralph sampson and Yao in the same boat injuries and Wlaton over yao cause he did have 1 year that he won a title and helped to win another
    You missed one obvious one, Shaq,

There's guys like Ben Wallace, Bob Lanier, Neil Johnston, Walt Bellamy, Brad Daugherty, Jack Sikma.

You have to consider a lot of ABA guys too like Artis Gilmore, Dan Issel and Mel Daniels.

With no signature season or playoff success he may go down like Sampson as a "what might have been"

Good college starter

Default Re: #100

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    You missed one obvious one, Shaq,

There's guys like Ben Wallace, Bob Lanier, Neil Johnston, Walt Bellamy, Brad Daugherty, Jack Sikma.

You have to consider a lot of ABA guys too like Artis Gilmore, Dan Issel and Mel Daniels.

With no signature season or playoff success he may go down like Sampson as a "what might have been"
    Thanks for the support Im kicking myself for not having Shaq
    Sikma is close but he did win a title but I think he was a PF and Webster and Lonnie Shelton was the C
    But yes Yao just hasnt done enough to be ranked over guys that have years of performance Id even add Alvin Adams Sabonis and Mark Eaton

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: #99 & #98

[I][

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]#98 Marques Johnson[/FONT]
    Team(s): Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Clippers, Golden State Warriors
    Years Played: 1977-1987, 1989-90
    Career Numbers: 20.1 ppg 7.0 rpg 3.6 apg

The original point-forward. Johnson was the third pick of the 1977 draft and primary piece which the Bucks would use to build around after trading Kareem in essence for four role players a few years prior. When he was healthy the former Bruin did an admirable job making Bucks fan forget about the 7'3" two-time MVP gone, but eventually injuries derailed his and the Bucks fortunes. At 6'7", Marques averaged a double-double as a rookie, 26 points per game his second year and won five straight division titles after that including in his fourth season when he led the Bucks to a 60 win season with averages of 20 points 7 rebounds and 5 assists all tops on the team.
    Did you ever see him play ??
    He was a SF and sure as hell not a "original point-forward"

Sidney Moncrief and others dished him the ball.

Default Re: Marques Johnson "Point Forward"

I don't want to be rude, but you were pretty rude so here goes.

You need to do your homework, the term point forward was actually created by Johnson and coach Don Nelson when Johnson started handling the ball after injuries decimated the Bucks back court. You're so wrong it's unbelievable, he actually had patented the phrase at one point I believe.

Moncrief wan't even a starter until 1981

Quote from Marques Johnson

"It was the early 80s and we had all our point guards hurt with the Bucks. Nellie came up with a way to have me initiate the offense in all our sets. My response was, 'so instead of being the point guard, I'll be the point forward.' Nellie liked the label and has used it ever since."
    Last edited by G.O.A.T; 08-16-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Default #95

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][I]Great Shooters are hard to come by, when I think of the great shooters in the three point era of NBA basketball three names come t mind; Reggie Miller, (1st all-time in three-pointers made) Dale Ellis, (the man whose record Miller broke, third all-time) and the man in-between them, Jesus Shuttlesworth, I mean
    Last edited by G.O.A.T; 08-16-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Default Re: The GOAT List: 100 Greatest Players in Basketball History

ray Is A 55-70

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    ray Is A 55-70

Make a case, I've spent years on this list, you spend seconds on that post.

I'll listen

Make a case, I've spent years on this list, you spend seconds on that post.

I'll listen
    Common sense really shouldnt take years to display. Go on with the list and I will judge it as a whole. That would be more fair to you, and I will learn something along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Common sense really shouldnt take years to display. Go on with the list and I will judge it as a whole. That would be more fair to you, and I will learn something along the way.
    Thanks, I tried to be as objective as possible. Ray Allen has just two all-NBA selections to his name and his best is second team, there is only one SG on the rest of the list with two or fewer all-NBA selections. I think you might be over valuing Allen in the grand scheme of things.

What do you think are his intangibles that make him a better player then his stats and accolades suggest?

Thanks, I tried to be as objective as possible. Ray Allen has just two all-NBA selections to his name and his best is second team, there is only one SG on the rest of the list with two or fewer all-NBA selections. I think you might be over valuing Allen in the grand scheme of things.

What do you think are his intangibles that make him a better player then his stats and accolades suggest?
    Clutchness. The man is great when it comes down to the wire.

No doubt about that, and he has the most beautiful jump shot of his era probably. I did say in my blurb anout him that as time goes on I think I'll appreciate him more. I thought he was washed up 1/2 way through last years (2008) playoffs and since then he's been a stud. Even his defense has been elevated. I like Ray Allen a lot even though Big Dog was my favorite on those Bucks teams of 97-02.
    Last edited by G.O.A.T; 08-15-2009 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    Kevin Johnson is ALOT higher than #99. He is Top 50.
    You know how I feel about KJ. He's not 50, but he damn sure ain't as low as number 99.

I think he is #99, after a lot of time looking at it. I would like to hear your case as to why he should be higher.
    Last edited by G.O.A.T; 08-15-2009 at 02:38 AM.

I think he is after a lot of time looking at it. I would like to hear your case as to why he should be higher.
    Could score, pass, defend. Many All-Star and All-NBA selections. 20/10 PG numbers for some some seasons. Playoff appearances.

Ray Allen is also higher. He's better than his two All-NBA appearances. Look at the era he played in, Kobe, Mac, AI, Nash, Kidd, Payton, VC, Wade, (all should be on this list by the way.)

All but one is

I think all the PG's I have ahead of him are deserving of being mentioned in the same breath or even more highly regarded then KJ. I am a Suns fan of the 1990-1996 era though so I could be being too bias against him while trying to be objective.