Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Just how strong was Ben Wallace??

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    C.J. Watson

Wow what a bunch of nerds for blaming Ben.

If some punk tells me he is going to clobber me and actually do it, hell yea, I'm going to throw his ass 10 feet away from me. It is a natural response when being attacked: you want to push the culprit as far away as possible to position yourself for a fight.

It is all Ron Artest's fault; this guy is a punk kid. He instigated the fight, act oblivious to it all when he knew full well what he was doing, and then caved in like a b*tch by going to the stands to pick on a bunch of drunk nerds he knew he could easily beat up because he could not handle Ben.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

low center of gravity and legs like a bull.

His screens were immoveable object. Like running into Jupiter

elite strong. probably in the highest category of NBA all-time.

somebody else that's incredibly strong but of course nobody talks about it has been D Fisher. That little guy (by hoops standards) is pure dense muscle mass.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

If some punk tells me he is going to clobber me and actually do it, hell yea, I'm going to throw his ass 10 feet away from me. It is a natural response when being attacked: you want to push the culprit as far away as possible to position yourself for a fight.

It is all Ron Artest's fault; this guy is a punk kid. He instigated the fight, act oblivious to it all when he knew full well what he was doing, and then caved in like a b*tch by going to the stands to pick on a bunch of drunk nerds he knew he could easily beat up because he could not handle Ben.
    lol at this clown. you act like they were on the streets or in a ring.

Banned

Not as strong as Wilt, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Not as strong as Wilt, that's for sure.
    Yeah, Wilt could've taken on two raging pitbulls with his bare hands.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24

I don't think Ben Wallace should be held responsible for any part of the in-crowd riot. However, I definitely think he's responsible for his own actions. I don't think his Artest push was a knee-jerk reaction nor natural. I think he knew things had been on-going with Artest and I think there's a good chance he knew Artest was going to be looking to plant something on him. As such, I think he was prepared to respond in the manner he did and chose to follow through. It was not an unstoppable response.

In truth though, if Artest fouled Wallace and Wallace responded as he did, and Rasheed and company separated the teams from each other (as they did), and things just fizzled out, we definitely wouldn't be talking about this incident today. Wallace would have probably seen a very small suspension because it's clear he made a poor decision with a push/punch above the shoulers. Depending upon how closely the league looked, Artest theoretically could have seen a suspension too for his sneaky neck hit on the initial drive. Both players did things during the initial scuffle that was preventable and controllable.

Stating Wallace's response was natural, was a response to being attacked and was therefore perhaps justified is similar to those who say Artest was justified for initiating a riot because a half empty plastic cup plopped onto his chest. I do not agree with this frame of thinking. Artest fouled Wallace and Ron was prepared to have it end at that. Wallace did not turn to find a flurry of punches coming his way. He wasn't forced to defend himself. Artest's act on Wallace sucked, but it was done.

Similarly, there was not a guy in the stands with 40 cups at the ready to lob at Artest with noone in sight to stop him. He threw one cup and it was over. Artest should have faced repercussions for his foul just as the cup thrower should have been punished for his decision. But in neither case were the responses by NBA basketball players in an NBA arena justifiable in my opinion.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-29-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Yeah, Wilt could've taken on two raging pitbulls with his bare hands.
    Yeah Wilt was not an average man.

Strong enough to rip a german shepherd in HALF!

Strong enough to take on 2 Silverback gorillas

Serious playground baller schism206's Avatar

I like how Sheed's just trying to break everything up. Even though he's a technical foul machine... he's a good dude

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I don't think Ben Wallace should be held responsible for any part of the in-crowd riot. However, I definitely think he's responsible for his own actions. I don't think his Artest push was a knee-jerk reaction nor natural. I think he knew things had been on-going with Artest and I think there's a good chance he knew Artest was going to be looking to plant something on him. As such, I think he was prepared to respond in the manner he did and chose to follow through. It was not an unstoppable response.

In truth though, if Artest fouled Wallace and Wallace responded as he did, and Rasheed and company separated the teams from each other (as they did), and things just fizzled out, we definitely wouldn't be talking about this incident today. Wallace would have probably seen a very small suspension because it's clear he made a poor decision with a push/punch above the shoulers. Depending upon how closely the league looked, Artest theoretically could have seen a suspension too for his sneaky neck hit on the initial drive. Both players did things during the initial scuffle that was preventable and controllable.

Stating Wallace's response was natural, was a response to being attacked and was therefore perhaps justified is similar to those who say Artest was justified for initiating a riot because a half empty plastic cup plopped onto his chest. I do not agree with this frame of thinking. Artest fouled Wallace and Ron was prepared to have it end at that. Wallace did not turn to find a flurry of punches coming his way. He wasn't forced to defend himself. Artest's act on Wallace sucked, but it was done.

Similarly, there was not a guy in the stands with 40 cups at the ready to lob at Artest with noone in sight to stop him. He threw one cup and it was over. Artest should have faced repercussions for his foul just as the cup thrower should have been punished for his decision. But in neither case were the responses by NBA basketball players in an NBA arena justifiable in my opinion.
    Ok so big Ben pushed mad Ronnie. Whoopti f*ckin' doo. Rondo choked and clawed Kissy right on the court. But at least Kissy didn't pick some dweeb standing nearby to clobber because he was too much of a wuss to take Rondo on.

Ronnie is just a punk kid for going into the stands and clobbering some goofy looking dude half his size.

That's the difference homie. This dude is so pathetic he had to change his name to Metta World Peace to somehow parade this Buddhist like persona in order to fix his reputation. You know that is a bit extreme and shows you how many issues he truly has. I wouldn't be surprise if he is actually mentally retarded: like having bi-polar or asperger disorder.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Ben Wallace is so strong that it took Chuck Norris 2 roundhouses to knock him out.

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
    Strong enough to take on 2 Silverback gorillas
    Beat me to it