Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: Grizzlies are trading Rudy Gay to Raptors in 3-team deal

Quote Originally Posted by Beebo
    I think the Pistons might move Knight to SG?

They started him at SG the other night, and he dropped 30. Perhaps that was a test run.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    They started him at SG the other night, and he dropped 30. Perhaps that was a test run.
    He's for sure not a SG in the NBA. They may run some small ball with him & Calderon at the same time but he's not going to primarily be a SG. I have Knight in my fantasy too. Not that he's been tearing it up, but I don't see a drop in his production. They aren't going to cut his minutes. This is going to hurt Bynum more than anything I think (and possibly Stuckey too). The Pistons have been saying Knight, Monroe, and Drummond are their core of the future. They've been grooming Knight to be the PG and I don't see that changing. They'll give Calderon a chance, just to see if they want to keep him around if he'll sign for the right amount of money. They made that trade because he's an expirer though. They're invested in Knight and he'll continue to play.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    He's for sure not a SG in the NBA. They may run some small ball with him & Calderon at the same time but he's not going to primarily be a SG. I have Knight in my fantasy too. Not that he's been tearing it up, but I don't see a drop in his production. They aren't going to cut his minutes. This is going to hurt Bynum more than anything I think (and possibly Stuckey too). The Pistons have been saying Knight, Monroe, and Drummond are their core of the future. They've been grooming Knight to be the PG and I don't see that changing. They'll give Calderon a chance, just to see if they want to keep him around if he'll sign for the right amount of money. They made that trade because he's an expirer though. They're invested in Knight and he'll continue to play.

The last 2 weeks he's been playing less than 30mpg, and constantly getting benched down the stretch for Bynum. If they don't play him at SG, he's going to be under 25mpg, because I guarantee Calderon will run this team 10x's better than Knight, whom I don't think is even a starting caliber PG in the NBA (he's a tweener who should come off the bench).

NBA lottery pick

The last 2 weeks he's been playing less than 30mpg, and constantly getting benched down the stretch for Bynum. If they don't play him at SG, he's going to be under 25mpg, because I guarantee Calderon will run this team 10x's better than Knight, whom I don't think is even a starting caliber PG in the NBA (he's a tweener who should come off the bench).
    Knight has plenty to learn, he's barely 21. They've been playing Drummond with Bynum off the bench and that tandem has been working well for them. That's where we've seen a dip in his minutes. He'll be a starting PG in this league for a while. He's a very talented player. Now it's just learning everything at this level.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Brandon Knight blows ass. He has no strengths, he decent at everything but what is he good at? He isn't that fast, isn't that good of a shooter, isn't that good at finishing, isn't that good at passing, isn't that good at defending...??

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Brandon Knight blows ass. He has no strengths, he decent at everything but what is he good at? He isn't that fast, isn't that good of a shooter, isn't that good at finishing, isn't that good at passing, isn't that good at defending...??

I agree. And Calderon is going to do wonders for this team who have been playing a bunch of tweeners at point all season.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

I agree. And Calderon is going to do wonders for this team who have been playing a bunch of tweeners at point all season.
    I never understood the Brandon Knight hype, in high school he was player of the year and all this shit when you watch his highlight tapes you're like uhh okay?

I'm interested to see how Calderon plays with Monroe and Drummond. Jose is a great pick and roll PG and should definitely help the development of their bigs.

Great trade for all teams involved, Pistons get a playmaker and save tons of money, Grizz get Prince who might be a better fit than Gay and Ed Davis as back up PF/C and the Raptors might even make the playoffs and make tons of money through the addition of an exciting young wing player
    Last edited by blablabla; 01-31-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

At the Pistons @ Pacers game last night

Pistons fan waiting to slap five with Prince, but he's not there. "Dude, where's Tay?.....welp, guess I don't need this anymore." Kinda sad really.

the only thing i wish is that Jose went to a better team. Him going to Detroit is making me extremely depressed

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    the only thing i wish is that Jose went to a better team.
    Well he went to better team than the Raptors at least.

Are the Pistons known for their defense? Calderon's parameter defense SUCKS.. wonder how he will fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    Are the Pistons known for their defense? Calderon's parameter defense SUCKS.. wonder how he will fit in.
    Aint 04 anymore. I hear Raps are gonna waive Haddadi? That would be a dumb move, still a contender with shallow paint presence could snatch him.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    At the Pistons @ Pacers game last night

Pistons fan waiting to slap five with Prince, but he's not there. "Dude, where's Tay?.....welp, guess I don't need this anymore." Kinda sad really.
    . That is pretty sad. I hated Jose for the past few seasons and was always annoyed when the raptors stadium announcer would say "numero ocho" , but I am sad to see him go. True professional.

And my ***** ED, I'll always remember when he crashed his Maserati after the Young Jeezy concert.