Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I watched that game you are lucky you won . I cant belive how bad did Banca shoot FTs .
    Yeah, nice win for us. Now we get three straight home 3 games, gotta make a push for the 4th spot.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Yeah, nice win for us. Now we get three straight home 3 games, gotta make a push for the 4th spot.
    What do you think about GBC's team so far this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    (If you mean GBB)
    Not a bad season considering our team's old and we're playing too many games.
    Our main problem is our lack of consistency from the outside, some games we can't even hit the rim, while others we score from halfcourt.

PG: Jackson isn't playing great, being really bad some games and awesome in anothers. Doesn't seem focused at times.
    Ra

[QUOTE=chains5000](If you mean GBB)
    Not a bad season considering our team's old and we're playing too many games.
    Our main problem is our lack of consistency from the outside, some games we can't even hit the rim, while others we score from halfcourt.

PG: Jackson isn't playing great, being really bad some games and awesome in anothers. Doesn't seem focused at times.
    Ra
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-27-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Same old story for Panathinaikos. Calathes ruins everything for them. I am really sick of Calathes. He has ruined Panathinaikos and the Greek national team ever since he started playing for them.

His basketball IQ and ability to run an offense are about 1 out of 10.

Panathinaikos would have easily won the game if he was benched and old man, washed up Saras played instead. I really don't get this strange fascination with Panathinaikos and Greek national team with Calathes.

He's way below the standard of teams like PAO and Greece.

Unfortunately for PAO, Sato is also below the standard of such a club. They got away with it last year with him being mediocre for a club of that level, but it is catching up to them this time. Langford is out playing him by leaps and bounds.

On the bright side for Greece though, is that Kaimakoglou has finally established himself as a top level Euroleague player, which bodes well for the national team this summer. It took Kaimakoglou long enough to finally put his talent together at the top level, after he was considered the biggest youth talent in Greek history at one point.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-27-2012 at 05:14 PM.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Euroleague you didnt awnser my questions .

Euroleague you didnt awnser my questions .
    What questions?

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

What questions?
    Why do you think Teodosic isnt pure pg ? And how arent Teodosic and Nash similar when they are bothe great passer , great shooters and bad defenders .

No, I meant San Sebastian's team actually --->

http://www.acb.com/club.php?id=GBC

On your post here though, I think Mavroeidis should play more. He's very limited athletically but he is extremely physical and skilled and he just somehow outsmarts the opponent.

He is sort of like a young Oberto type of player except bigger, stronger, more physical. Fischer is obviously way more athletic and helps more in help and team defense. But Mavroeidis is a beast on the low post and on rebounding.

I think he should play more than just 10 minutes a game or whatever. He can score one on one in the low post without a double team and if you double him he is a nice passer out of it, something that separates him from dominant low post guys like Schortsanitis and Vougioukas for example.

Of course, for certain defensive match ups he becomes a problem, but they need to use him more. I seriously doubt that CSKA has anyone that can guard him around the rim or keep him off the boards. I mean he is WAY stronger and more physical than Krstic is.
    We call them Lagun Aro here, so I thought you just misspelled Bilbao's team name.
    They're having a great season, Vidal being the key IMO. Too bad we didn't sign him this summer. That said, I don't think they'll do well in the playoffs, I believe they suffer from the same problem as Real Madrid, they play to outscore the opponent, and we know how that works, right?

As for Mavro, I hadn't noticed he plays so few minutes, he's always solid.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Great win from Bilbao, Vasiliadis really played well.

Spanoulis goes for 2 points on 17% from the field, 6 assists, and 3 turnovers with an index rating of 1 and Olympiacos win by their biggest margin of the series. Just goes to show how overrated he is. 9 points on horribly low percentages in the two most important EL games of the season.

Why do you think Teodosic isnt pure pg ? And how arent Teodosic and Nash similar when they are bothe great passer , great shooters and bad defenders .
    For one thing, Teodosic is a two guard on defense. For another thing, he is not a pure point guard on offense. Not with his 3-4 wild heat checks in every game.

Also, he plays nothing at all like Nash does. Completely different type of players.

And Teodosic is awful on defense at the one, because he's not a point guard on defense. He's bad at defense a bit at the two guard, but nothing that bad though.

Playing him defensively at the one is really stupid.

Also, Teodosic isn't a great shooter by an means. Not like Nash anyway. He's what I would call a good shooter with crazy range and a quick release. But "great shooter" is not how you would describe him. His shot is very very inconsistent and extremely streaky and he is usually quite inefficient with it.

I am a huge Teodosic fan, but I honestly see no comparison or similarity to Nash at all. I would compare him to younger Jasikevicius, although he's not as good of a shooter or as good at pick and roll as Saras was.

But then again, I would say that Teodosic might actually be a more talented player.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Great win from Bilbao, Vasiliadis really played well.

Spanoulis goes for 2 points on 17% from the field, 6 assists, and 3 turnovers with an index rating of 1 and Olympiacos win by their biggest margin of the series. Just goes to show how overrated he is. 9 points on horribly low percentages in the two most important EL games of the season.
    WTF is wrong with you?

He was double and triple teamed the whole first half and he passed the ball as he should have, which is why his team had a bunch of wide open shots and one of the main reasons why they dominated the game.

You must be a complete retard.

And you are the same IDIOT that a couple years ago was calling Vasileiadis a scrub and saying I was crazy when I said how good he was. You laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.

And you still are such a dumb ass that you STILL can't spell his name right.

Look at the back of his jersey MORON.

See on his jersey it says "Vasileiadis". Yet you still can't spell it right.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-28-2012 at 06:27 PM.

One of the highlights of the Euroleague season for far, Papanikolaou's dunk against Siena:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDcKlLW5E_Y

Just watched Lagun Aro x Real Madrid from last weekend, today.
    They are a very good offensive team, so as Real Madrid (you cans see the final score, 96-90) which is pretty good.

They got some good players.
    Raul Neto, is a young PG that is learning how to play european ball now .. he's good running the offense, just need to take more consistent shoots.

Jimmy Baron for me is like Jaycee Carroll, prolific scorers, amazing shooters and good off the ball defenders. Really like his game, i think someone "stronger" should sign him next year.

Banko, is Lagun Aro star .. he played all the games in ACB that Lagun Aro had. I think he's the best scorer in ACB currently, very strong and can post up or shoot from downtown.

Serge Vidal is the well known player. I don't enjoy his playing style but he's very consistant and an excellent veteran to have in your team.

Then they have guys Papamakarios, Salgado, Doblas and other guys that are average but can contribute to the team.