Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I never have in any other MMO I've played but I really got into this one.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

You've really got to pay attention to your credits if you keep sending your companions off the work. I sent them every time they returned during a few flashpoints and I realized I was short like 3500 credits .

Did my first flashpoint today, was pretty cool, way better than instances in other MMOs I've played. The conversations are actually pretty cool when grouped up and you don't know what the other people will say.

Haven't played an MMO since I quit final fantasy 11 in 2009... I must SWTOR is legit.

What kind of PCs are y'all playing on?

Im about to pickup a PC (maybe a laptop) to play the game. I dont wanna spend a grip (between 5 & 7 hundred bucks).. I just wanna get the best system for that amount of money..

any issues I should consider?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1

Im about to pickup a PC (maybe a laptop) to play the game. I dont wanna spend a grip (between 5 & 7 hundred bucks).. I just wanna get the best system for that amount of money..

I'm playing on an Alienware M15x laptop.

Specs: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/alie...-32815586.html

I don't have a great knowledge of computer/laptop specs myself, but with this laptop I can run the game with highest shadows/textures etc.

I tried the BETA on my old laptop which was an ACER Aspire, a pretty basic and normal laptop, but not bad, and got pretty low FPS (frames per second) and made the game hard to play.

Does ISH have a guild? I am thinking of getting this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I'm playing on an Alienware M15x laptop.

Specs: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/alie...-32815586.html

I don't have a great knowledge of computer/laptop specs myself, but with this laptop I can run the game with highest shadows/textures etc.

I tried the BETA on my old laptop which was an ACER Aspire, a pretty basic and normal laptop, but not bad, and got pretty low FPS (frames per second) and made the game hard to play.

Thanks for the info.... I been looking at some Alienware laptops on ebay.. I will prolly wind up bidding for one. They got a good m14s and some M11s.

I will probably wind up getting one of those... I really want to just go pick something up at store, but the alienware seems like the answer. They have some that are used for around 500$.. other than that they run about 1,200 - 3000 dollars.

Thanks for the info.... I been looking at some Alienware laptops on ebay.. I will prolly wind up bidding for one. They got a good m14s and some M11s.

I will probably wind up getting one of those... I really want to just go pick something up at store, but the alienware seems like the answer. They have some that are used for around 500$.. other than that they run about 1,200 - 3000 dollars.
    Yeah, I can't fault the laptop to be honest the few months I've had it. Yup, they're pricey, but you get what you pay for. Every game I play I can run at highest graphics and don't have any frame rate issues. Battlefield 3 in full graphics on this laptop looks fantastic, I should play it more often.

Got mine brand new on Ebay as I don't think the M15x is actually on general sale anymore. M14x would be just as good, one inch difference is nothing (that's what she said).

Actually I have a new macbook and Im seeing how I could use bootcamp to download windows 7 onto my mac.. I might do that instead. Im told the download process is long, but it should run the game very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Does ISH have a guild? I am thinking of getting this game.
    Doubt there is much point making an ISH guild, we'd probably get about 3-4 members.

Also, I play on an EU server with a couple of my buddies so I'm not planning to switch up servers just yet.

Get the game though, you won't regret it, though your social life might take a bit of a turn for the worse.

Well PCs are almost a different thread, but you should be able to build a good system with that money if you know how to operate a screwdriver and don't mind putting it together yourself.

Get yourself a core i7 and any halfway decent video card and you should be able to max settings on this game.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

MMO controls need to be tuned on the pc. Most people use the mouse for turning to free up the A and D keys for keybinds. Modifying with shift, ctl, alt and that's another 6 actions bound to your home keys replacing 7 through =. What I mean by modifying is, shift + A is a different action than A while ctl+A is also unique. You can remap all these things through preferences, keybinds tab.

It's a lot more challenging than clicking your action bar for new players, but it helps a lot if you stick with the game and get into pvp or any of the end game stuff. Everything becomes fluid after a while.

Haven't had too much time with the game, but I'm an Imperial Agent specializing Operative Medic on Nadd's Sarcophagus. If enough ISH players went for the idea, I'd reroll a character on another server to play with everyone.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

I have a level 21 IA Operative and a level 18 Sith Sorceror on Infinite Empire if anyone wants to roll there. It's a pvp server. I also have a level 19 Jedi Sentinel on another pvp server that I can't recall the name currently . I actually am liking that character way more than my agent and his professions are pretty high already so I might stick with him. But I'd be up for an ish guild or at least group to level/run flashpoints.

Server my Jedi Sentinel is on is called The Maw, pvp server.
    Last edited by clipse026; 12-29-2011 at 03:13 AM.

I just partitioned my harddrive on my mac and set up windows 7. Im loading the game now. This is a better idea than buying a new computer. My mac is very capable of running this game. Im having a little trouble with sound in the earphones, but that it.. The PC side of miy mac looks great.

When I get a bit more familar with the game and how to play mmo style games, i'm gonna put an ISH guild together.. We'll take the whole galaxy like its nothing