Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Michael Beasley- NBA position, expectations and comparisons

I have only seen the two videos posted in the Bealsey/Mayo/Rose thread, haven't seen him play in College yet. From watching those, he reminds me of Charlie Villanueva who is a SF-PF, so that's my guess on his position. I would have to see him more to really evaluate his game, maybe come up with a different comparison.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Something that I'm starting to notice a bit with Beasley is that his footwork isn't great and is actually hindering his athleticism.

In controlled situations (lay-up lines, dunk contest, etc.) he's a phenominal athlete. Yet when you watch him in games that athleticism is not obvious.

I wanna see him and Blake Griffin square off. Jan 12th and Jan 19t vs Texas A & M. Xaiver shut that ass down.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Beasley reminds me of LaPhonso Ellis, a bit of a tweener but can play both positions effectively. Not as athletic as LaPhonso though.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Beasley would be putting up better numbers than Al Jefferson nexts season, and he is certainly on the verge to become one of the bests SF of all time.
    One of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen.

Beasley isn't even that skilled at this point. He's proving that he can score in college level but who in the NBA hasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    Yeah don't compare him to Melo, compare him to Gelnn..... Melo = Glenn fyi...

Yeah, I'd say a more athletic Glenn Robinson. (But he isn't the college player the Big Dog was)

With equally questionable attitude as the Big Dog too.

Though I have NO idea, and could be completely wrong; if I had a gun to my head, I'd say he ain't gonna ever win s***.

Project him at his peak at 24 and 10 however.

He was measured at 6-10 in his shoes with a 7'0.5 wing span last summer, and I personally think that he could be an effective SF in the NBA if the Heat/Wolves/Grizzlies would drafted him as the first overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

He is currently having one of the best individual season in the NCAA Tournament, and their is no doubt in my mind that he is indeed the no.1 prospect in the NBA Draft because he already have an NBA Body, and skills to become a dominant player in the League.

Beasley is leading the NCAA Tournament in Double Double Production, and he is one of the best rebounding College Freshmen in the last 5 years.

If you average double doubles in college, it means you're ready for the NBA unless his coaching staff will not give him minutes in his rookie season, and he ends up being the next Kurt Thomas instead of being a better version of Glenn Robinson, and Derrick Coleman.

He is already a much better defensive player than Kevin Durant, and he is not a ballhog compared to the former 2nd overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft.

Beasley is also a much stronger athlete than Durant, and i can see him toe to toe againts some of the best big men in the NBA today because he was gifted with a longer wingspan, and He also have a very decent vertical leap for a guy that is listed at 6-10.

I expect him to become an NBA ALL STAR in the 2010-2011 Season, and possibly the franchise player of the lottery team that would draft him in June.

2007-08 NCAA STATS

26.9 PPG, 12.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.3 SPG, 1.7 BPG

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36671
    Last edited by Lebron23; 03-07-2008 at 11:47 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He was measured at 6-10 in his shoes with a 7'0.5 wing span last summer, and I personally think that he could be an effective SF in the NBA if the Heat/Wolves/Grizzlies would drafted him as the first overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

He is currently having one of the best individual season in the NCAA Tournament, and their is no doubt in my mind that he is indeed the no.1 prospect in the NBA Draft because he already have an NBA Body, and skills to become a dominant player in the League.

Beasley is leading the NCAA Tournament in Double Double Production, and he is one of the best rebounding College Freshmen in the last 5 years.

If you average double doubles in college, it means you're ready for the NBA unless his coaching staff will not give him minutes in his rookie season, and he ends up being the next Kurt Thomas instead of being a better version of Glenn Robinson, and Derrick Coleman.

He is already a much better defensive player than Kevin Durant, and he is not a ballhog compared to the former 2nd overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft.

Beasley is also a much stronger athlete than Durant, and i can see him toe to toe againts some of the best big men in the NBA today because he was gifted with a longer wingspan, and He also have a very decent vertical leap for a guy that is listed at 6-10.

I expect him to become an NBA ALL STAR in the 2010-2011 Season, and possibly the franchise player of the lottery team that would draft him in June.

2007-08 NCAA STATS

26.9 PPG, 12.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.3 SPG, 1.7 BPG

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36671
    He will have his struggles like Durant but he will also probably average 18-20 ppg and 5-6 boards his rookie season. I thought he measured just 6-9 in shoes with only a 7-0 wingspan though. Durant has a 7-5 wingspan.

Good High School Starter

Beasley has all the ability you can want in a player at his age. I like the Marion comparison better, but Beasley is a more talented scorer. I think if you took Marion's career stats of 18ppg/10rpg/2spg/1bpg/51%/34%3 and add 4 or 5 more points then you have Beasley's numbers if he reaches his potential. I know watching him right now may not make you a believer, but you are talking about a guy who is 5 years away from his prime.

The biggest question I have about Beasley is if he will take the game seriously enough and listen to coaches to ever reach his potential. Just using his natural ability, this guy is a 16 and 8 player right away. I think despite his lack of maturity, this guy isn't actually a huge risk on the court. He does not seem like a bad kid at all, and I don't think will be a Ron Artest type of distraction, but with millions of dollars and all of his friends around I think he may be more interested in other things besides becoming the best player he can be.

If Beasly stayed near the wing in his NBA season it would ruin his game, hes more the kind of guy near the basket

I watched his games at U-19 championship in Serbia and coach pushed him too near to the basket. I mean that he could beat every player on championship with his athletecism, but he wasn't using it well, cuz he wasn't trying his best...

Good High School Starter

Like every other player, you are more likely to make shots the closer you are to the basket. If he plays inside Beasley would be much more effecient. However, teams would also be able to stop him with defensive matchups because they what he is going to do. Having an outside shot already makes him that much more ungaurdable.

Having something beyond your stregth is what makes a good player great. For example, Shaq could have still dominated inside, but his passing ability made him that much more dominate because you couldn't just triple-team him and force him into a bad shot because he would find an open man. Shooting the 3 is the best way to make a good forward that much better.

He reminds me of Antawn jamison for some reason.. Carmelo is faster than Beasly thats why

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    He will have his struggles like Durant but he will also probably average 18-20 ppg and 5-6 boards his rookie season. I thought he measured just 6-9 in shoes with only a 7-0 wingspan though. Durant has a 7-5 wingspan.
    7-5 fu*king wingspan??? Im almost tall 7'1 and i have wingspan around 6-9!!
    LOL

I usually hit open layups

I think Antonie Walker (in his prime on the celtics) is a good comparison. They both handle the ball well, have range on their shots, rebound well, and have good inside moves.