Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2k14

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2k14

I already own 2k14 on my ps3 and i'm very pleased with the game. However, after coming across this article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...y-and-features

Looks l will be buying a PS4 just to play 2k14 on next gen. This looks waaaay better on next gen.

Lots of promises. But if they come through with all of them.... holy shit.

Banned

started playing last night on pc with an xbox controller, I switched controls back to 2k13 style because I cbf learning the new one. Keep finding the shooting to be weird (free throws too), I'm getting perfect release and A rating on open shots and missing. Even missing good released and slightly early/late free throws but my too late or too early ones go in. In the rookie showcase game all my open perfect release shots were falling, dropped 30 points and got drafted 8th to the pistons but now in actual games my shot sucks balls even well timed which is annoying.

It's also waaaaaaaaaay too easy to get to the line, I'm taking 10 free throw attempts to the game and drawing fouls on most drives as a 6'5 scoring shooting guard.

Other than that it feels like more of the same, I do like the way drives work now though you can actually go through contact and they look more realistic but it feels abit like you lose control and the animation just plays on some of them.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I recommend you all to join Operation Sports forums. Very active and has 2K14 news very quick.

You the same shadey that makes all those videos?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    You the same shadey that makes all those videos?
    hell no lol.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Got bored. My attempt to recreate the Jordan Bulls with trading, using GOATbrook as my MJ since I wanted to use him.

Started with OKC.
    -Daniel Orton and 2015 second for 76ers 2015 second
    --Get me off that roster max #

-Serge Ibaka and Steven Adams for Andre Iguodala
    --For Pippen since it was too troubling to get LeBron or George

-Kevin Durant and Kendrick Perkins for Kenneth Faried, Ty Lawson, and Danilo Gallinari.
    --Wanted to get more for Durant, but meh. Faried = Rodman, minus the defense. Gallo is basically Kukoc. Lawson is a solid trade chip for later.

-Thabo Sefolosha, Ryan Gomes, Derek Fisher, and 2015 1st for Spencer Hawes and Kwame Brown.
    --Couldn't figure out who most resembles Longley. Bogut has the aussie thing and sort of similar game. Bogut is much better than Longley, tho, and Longely had a that mid J. Went with Hawes.

-Reggie Jackson and Kwame Brown for Kirk Hinrich.
    --Not sure about Ron Harper either. Kind of large combo, little over the hill, still good defense and solid off the ball for a PG. Sounds like Hinrich to me, tho, Hinrich is a better shooter and not as tall.

-Jeremy Lamb for Jimmer Fredette
    --Obvious Steve Kerr is obvious

-Ty Lawson and Spencer Hawes for Andrew Bogut, Toney Douglas, Festus Ezeli, and 2015 1st
    --The more I thought about it, the more I hated the Hawes=Longley comparison. Bogut is still infinitely better than Longley. Had Lawson sitting there so why not? Douglas minus the 3pt shot is actually pretty close to Randy Brown anyway. I guess Ezeli can be Caffey.

-Perry Jones and Andre Roberson for PJ Tucker and Miles Plumlee
    --Tucker is much better than Buechler and a different player, but I couldn't think of anyone. Buechler=intangibles player, Tucker=intangibles player, maybe?

-Hasheem Thabeet and a 2nd for Nazr Mohammed
    --Looking for that old center to be Edwards.

-Miles Plumlee and a 1st for Kenyon Martin
    --Meh.

Kirk Hinrich = Ron Harper
    Russell Westbrook = Michael Jordan
    Andre Iguodala = Scottie Pippen
    Kenneth Faried = Dennis Rodman
    Andrew Bogut = Luc Longley
    --
    Danilo Gallinari = Toni Kukoc
    Jimmer Fredette = Steve Kerr
    Toney Douglas = Randy Brown
    Festus Ezeli = Jason Caffey
    Nick Collison = Bill Wennington
    PJ Tucker = Jud Buechler
    Kenyon Martin = John Salley
    Nazr Mohammed = James Edwards

Played a game. I always look for an ball dominant PG when I do association, but having an off the ball one is fun. Made Atlanta my bitch.

Still can't use Gallinari for the last 3 2k games. I don't understand why I suck so badly with him...
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 11-03-2013 at 10:40 PM.

So how's the next gen version?

so i was watching chris smoove for the next gen gameplays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewZI9UEGuXU

and in the draft he got picked 30th despite having decent stats. Does anyone that has it have the same problem? coz thats the dumbest way to drive the plot of a story, making us all play for the suns

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    So how's the next gen version?
    I've heard it looks great and it plays a very solid game of basketball. I did not acquire it but I did hear a few tidbits that troubled me. Among them:

1) Create-a-Player has been removed: The ability to create someone is still there to create your MyPlayer (and possibly to edit draft classes on the go) but otherwise, create-a-player is wholly absent. This means no filling in the rest of classic rosters, no filling out current rosters with players not included, and no creating of any sort, really.

2) Create-a-Team has been removed.

3) All rosters must be saved on the server: There is no longer an ability to save rosters locally. Gamers must save them to 2K's servers then re-search and find them (and re-download them) every time they start their game up.

4) All modes aside from Quick Game are now online-dependent. This means if internet is down (or 2K servers, more likely), gamers will not be able to play their MyCareers, MyGM's, etc.

5) 30 team control has been removed from Association: For those looking to control and fix terrible trades and adjustments made by the computer in Association, that is now no longer possible. Only one team can be controlled at a time.

6) MyCareer now features over-the-top, corny, cinematic scenes. Instead of choosing a path, it plays out like a movie, with a pre-determined fake rival and everything.

7) Virtual Currency is now present in nearly every mode: Gamers even have to buy the ability to adjust their rotation in Association (or MyGM as it's now referred).
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I've heard it looks great and it plays a very solid game of basketball. I did not acquire it but I did here a few tidbits that troubled me. Among them:

1) Create-a-Player has been removed: The ability to create someone is still there to create your MyPlayer (and possibly to edit draft classes on the go) but otherwise, create-a-player is wholly absent. This means no filling in the rest of classic rosters, no filling out current rosters with players not included, and no creating of any sort, really.

3) All rosters must be saved on the server: There is no longer an ability to save rosters locally. Gamers must save them to 2K's servers then re-search and find them (and re-download them) every time they start their game up.

4) All modes aside from Quick Game are now online-dependent. This means if internet is down (or 2K servers, more likely), gamers will not be able to player their MyCareers, MyGM's, etc.

5) 30 team control has been removed from Association: For those looking to control and fix terrible trades and adjustments made by the computer in Association, that is now no longer possible. Only one team can be controlled at a time.

6) MyCareer now features over-the-top, corny, cinematic scenes. Instead of choosing a path, it plays out like a movie, with a pre-determined rival and everything (named Jackson Ellis).

7) Virtual Currency is now present in nearly every mode: Gamers even have to buy the ability to adjust their rotation in Association (or MyGM as it's now referred).
    wow some of that sounds retarded, you have to buy an ability to change your rotation in association? wtf is that?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

what youtubers do you guys watch aside from smoove that do my career plays? preferably someone who doesn't play point guard. i'm not getting this game but i find them to be good.

or someone that does good associations. actually that would be even better but i dont think such a person exists unfortunately.

Just got my PS4 copy in the mail today. Going to play now woo woo!

National High School Star

I've heard it looks great and it plays a very solid game of basketball. I did not acquire it but I did here a few tidbits that troubled me. Among them:

4) All modes aside from Quick Game are now online-dependent. This means if internet is down (or 2K servers, more likely), gamers will not be able to player their MyCareers, MyGM's, etc.

6) MyCareer now features over-the-top, corny, cinematic scenes. Instead of choosing a path, it plays out like a movie, with a pre-determined rival and everything (named Jackson Ellis).

Me and my bro used to do association, where we both pick a player to be and play through the season.
    So this mode is always online now which isn't an option for us.
    Is there a offline mode where we could the same sort of thing?

Wow the only good thing is 6, because it looks nice in Chris Smoove videos, everything else is a fvck up
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 11-18-2013 at 11:18 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Me and my bro used to do association, where we both pick a player to be and play through the season.
    So this mode is always online now which isn't an option for us.
    Is there a offline mode where we could the same sort of thing?
    Season mode still exists, which is only one season, but I'm not sure if it's online dependent or allows more than one user.