Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

I could tell hed be able to bully other teams, didnt work against the Lakers but I thought it could be effective

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    I could tell hed be able to bully other teams, didnt work against the Lakers but I thought it could be effective

13 and 9 against the Lakers in only 20 minutes is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease

Are they planning to trade Darko Milicic? Pekovic is better than him, and his contract his way cheaper.

he's very good but everybody playing with rubio looks very good...

i was saying last season he should get more playing time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    13 and 9 against the Lakers in only 20 minutes is pretty good
    he didnt outplay our bigs is what I meant, but he played well

wow i knew he was big but he plays incredibly smooth. that youtube clip was great by the way. The way he get position deep, bullies but doesn't push is great. looks like a legit starting center, now if they can get a real 2 guard (friggin wes has looked shitty and its because he's playing out of position, turn him into a small forward defensive stopper off the bench i.e. nic batum) and possibly amnesty darko they'll be a playoff team for awhile.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

As I've said before, Peković is a low post scoring monster, but that's about it, he is as one-dimensional as you can get. However, despite being what Americans would describe as "dumb f*ck", he has always put quite a lot of effort in his game and I think it's quite possible that he could become an average defender and rebounder, making him a decent starting NBA C. Miličić is way more talented than him, but the guy is a complete bonehead.

Quote Originally Posted by morbius
    As I've said before, Peković is a low post scoring monster, but that's about it, he is as one-dimensional as you can get. However, despite being what Americans would describe as "dumb f*ck", he has always put quite a lot of effort in his game and I think it's quite possible that he could become an average defender and rebounder, making him a decent starting NBA C. Miličić is way more talented than him, but the guy is a complete bonehead.
    He is a great rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by morbius
    what's all this? most here are praising him and i'd venture to guess most are americans. milicic, as you said, is a bonehead. he's also been lazy and made excuses over the years. he has length and size, takes smart defensive angles, but is limited on offense. if you want to call pekovic limited, what is milicic offensively? he has an unreliable hook shot and mid-range jumper. pekovic gets deep post position, seals off his defender and can finish with either hand. he has a push shot and flip shot. yes, that's limited but it's effective. he also has a serviceable mid-range game. the extra bit that milicic gives defensively is no match for what pekovic brings to the table offensively. average rebounder? as a starter, he's averaging about 10 rebounds. not elite, not great, but good. milicic may have more talent but he was never able to put it all together. i personally thought he came to the US too early and lost some confidence/drive

Serious playground baller kingBynum's Avatar

Looks like

Quote Originally Posted by kingBynum

Looks like

shieeettttt. he kinda does

too bad arlovksi had a glass chin cuz that guy had pure KO power

he also looks like the guy named niko from GTA. ish is not coincidental. i seriously think this guy would take your family hostage and mentally and physically abuse you until he gets what he wants. someone owe you a heavy debt? call pek!

if i'm walking down a dark alley, i'm taking ivan johnson and pekovic as my backup. we'd go bar hopping and wreck downtown
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 02-08-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Serious playground baller kingBynum's Avatar

but arlovski had a better beard

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    what's all this? most here are praising him and i'd venture to guess most are americans. milicic, as you said, is a bonehead. he's also been lazy and made excuses over the years. he has length and size, takes smart defensive angles, but is limited on offense. if you want to call pekovic limited, what is milicic offensively? he has an unreliable hook shot and mid-range jumper. pekovic gets deep post position, seals off his defender and can finish with either hand. he has a push shot and flip shot. yes, that's limited but it's effective. he also has a serviceable mid-range game. the extra bit that milicic gives defensively is no match for what pekovic brings to the table offensively. average rebounder? as a starter, he's averaging about 10 rebounds. not elite, not great, but good. milicic may have more talent but he was never able to put it all together. i personally thought he came to the US too early and lost some confidence/drive
    Americans have been making fum of him for years in this forum.

"LMFAO at this SCRUB that was in the all Euroleague team".

"This POS bench scrub can't even get in a game in the NBA, but he dominated in Europe".

About 1,000 such variations of those comments, about 1,000 times in this forum.

Along with calling EVERY single European fan a liar, troll, "insane", etc. if they said he could easily play in the NBA if he was just given a chance by his stupid idiot NBA coaches to play.

No one in Europe would ever claim Milicic was half as good as Pekovic, yet 100% of the Americans in this forum would call you a troll and say you should be banned if it was said in this forum.

The point is that American NBA fans are incredibly hypocritical and have extremely low knowledge of the game of basketball, and are incredibly xenophobic and out of line with their unbelievable hatred towards anything related to European basketball.

Now all of a sudden, the same people are praising Pekovic..........it proves the unbelievable level of hypocrisy that American NBA fans have.

And FYI genius, Pekovic was a below average defender and rebounder by Euroleague level standards.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-08-2012 at 06:50 AM.