Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    No, and I fully understand that it is impossible to be ready for something like that unless you have experienced it first hand. I have a profound respect for our soldiers. I just wanted to shut these phagg0t circle jerkers up sitting here acting like every gun owner is a fat Call of Duty playing dumbass American.
    It is called hyperbole.

No, and I fully understand that it is impossible to be ready for something like that unless you have experienced it first hand. I have a profound respect for our soldiers. I just wanted to shut these phagg0t circle jerkers up sitting here acting like every gun owner is a fat Call of Duty playing dumbass American.
    I understand, I exaggerated for effect...regardless, a battle between you and that Islamist terrorist you posted? No offense but I'm betting that guy is a cold blooded dude who wouldn't hesitate to put a slug in a college guy who's nevet shot at another person.

Islamist willing to die for his cause>>>muscle bound college kid with zero battle experience
    Last edited by TheMan; 12-18-2012 at 08:17 PM.

National High School Star

vs this badass:

his ak-74 is a beautiful machine.

why can't these be sold in America

Fat rednecks?

Let's see your pics Studmaster Flex.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

Made that high school varsity squad MJ23forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    cars serve a purpose that isn't killing or hurting people.

a gun's only purpose is to hurt or kill animals/people
    Yet more people are killed by cars each year..

yeah this thread did get weird. i would put my money on the bearded guy with the ak for sure.

more people die to obesity than cars and guns combined then multiplied 20 times. lets make soda and fast food illegal while we are writing new laws.
    Last edited by Nanners; 12-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Made that high school varsity squad MJ23forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    You tryna put me in a communist death camp Obamer?

Over mah dead body, you commie basterd. John Muthaf*ckin Rambo reporting for duty.

Obama: Cancel that bitch.

1 drone, 1 shot, 6 heavily armed insurgents down

A basic rundown for the idiots thinking they are going to take on the military with their guns
    FYI, much of the military hate the government, even top brass. Especially the Marines.
    Last edited by MJ23forever; 12-19-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by MJ23forever
    FYI, much the military hate the government, even top brass. Especially the Marines.
    Which defeats your own point in our hypothetical "government of America suppresses its own people"...if a dictatorship or oppressive government doesn't have a military behind them, they can't do shit.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Which defeats your own point in our hypothetical "government of America suppresses its own people"...if a dictatorship or oppressive government doesn't have a military behind them, they can't do shit.
    Look at Syria right now. It's rebels vs. the government, but many of the rebels are ex Syrian military. The government is infinitely better equipped with planes and tanks, but the rebels are still gaining ground every day.

Da Mavs

Look at Syria right now. It's rebels vs. the government, but many of the rebels are ex Syrian military. The government is infinitely better equipped with planes and tanks, but the rebels are still gaining ground every day.
    The rebels are equipped and trained mostly by organizations such as terrorist ones and Islamists, they are not merely common civilians such as we have in the West. I don't think the comparison is valid because the Syrian military is far inferior to the United States military, even in relative terms. The gap between military and civilian capabilities is far smaller in 3rd world countries.

The point overall is that the political structure of the United States along with the nature of the military pretty much makes turning on its people in this "Us vs. them" dream scenario as impossible. People need to stop hiding behind that facade, it truly isn't 1776 anymore. This country is the most sovereign in the world, no one dares an invasion and really ever has in modern times.

So much for the old cars kill more people than guns thing.

Even more sickening is almost a thousand killed in mass murders in 4 years.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    So much for the old cars kill more people than guns thing.

Even more sickening is almost a thousand killed in mass murders in 4 years.
    The CDC estimates that auto-related deaths--long on the decline as more motorists wear seat-belts and face harsher penalties for drunk driving--will fall to 32,000 in 2015. Deaths from firearms, which include suicides and accidents, are estimated to rise to 33,000 over the same period.
    Every day, 85 Americans are shot dead, about 53 of them in suicides. This figure is still lower than 1993's peak in gun deaths (37,666), but has risen significantly since firearm deaths reached a low in 2000 (28,393). The data goes back to 1979.
    We gonna act like these people wouldn't kill themselves if they didn't have guns?

53/85 = 62% of gun deaths are suicides.

Besides which this is pure speculation anyway. 2015? lol

Decent college freshman

So now 774 = 1000?

Looks like you missed this too:

Meanwhile, USA Today, which looked at FBI figures, reports that 774 people were killed between 2006 and 2010 by a mass killer, defined as a person who kills four or more people in one incident. The figures show that mass killers strike on average once every two weeks. A third of the 156 mass killings did not involve firearms, but rather fire, knife or other weapon. Almost all of the mass killers in those years were men, and their average age was 32. The dozens of deaths caused by mass killers represented about 1 percent of all homicides between 2006 and 2010.
    You think people weren't gonna read the article?

We gonna act like these people wouldn't kill themselves if they didn't have guns?
    Not as many.

It's easy to press a button and die... if you have to actually sit there and slit your wrists (gruesome) or jump off a bridge or something, a lot less would happen.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Not as many.

It's easy to press a button and die... if you have to actually sit there and slit your wrists (gruesome) or jump off a bridge or something, a lot less would happen.
    Swallow a handful of pills, turn your car on and shut the garage door, etc. Slitting your wrists and jumping off a bridge are not the only options here.

Anyways this is just more evidence that the bigger issue is mental health. Think about it for a second. More people use guns to kill themselves each year than are used to kill other people.