Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Sorry, I remember reality.

I remember all the clowns arguing that the Warriors were going to be "worse" with KD because they "gutted their depth"...

You were probably one of them.

Keep low iqing it up
    Last edited by warriorfan; 05-15-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Default Re: The Warriors are so much better at moving the ball without Durant in the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    10000% this.

The 73-win shit is to disguise the fact that they lost.

KD joined a losing team...not a 73-win team. Not sure how anyone disputes this.

They use the 73-win talking point in an EXTREMELY dishonest way and they STILL bring it up EVERYDAY in the media and the internet.

I still love the "finals MVP off the bench" talking point...although Lebron had a Finals MVP off the bench in Wade.
    ok then. KD joined a team, a year removed, without any significant changes, from winning 67 and a championship. You're technically right they're a "losing team" but my description is technically correct too

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    ii should've said past prime wade, my bad but I'll try and argue my way out of this.

i'll be semantic and say that was peak wade along with 09. Prime wade includes more possible years. is 05 wade or 12 wade with just bosh really enough with crappy role players? I mean wade couldnt even win a title with 2nd in mvp voting shaq if we're using just a single year as an example.

Different league too as playoff matchups can vary, dallas wasnt a particularly strong team(nothing agaisnt wade again he was fantastic but i'm trying argue my way out). Beating Dallas is different from beating SA or OKC. Like are wade and bosh by themselves really beating the 09-10 lakers either? I think ik your answer

Edit: I dont feel bad about arguing this way now. When you call the warriors big 3 "a small kid from davidson, a second rounder, and klay" and a 30 year old kobe old and acting like no one outside of kobe and pau are worth mentioning, you're not arguing in good faith either lol.
    It should be noted that 05 Wade with MVP runner-up Shaq was up 3-2 on Detroit and in position to at least make the finals before Wade got injured. Without that injury could they have won the whole thing? One of those woulda coulda situations, but just thought it worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    It should be noted that 05 Wade with MVP runner-up Shaq was up 3-2 on Detroit and in position to at least make the finals before Wade got injured. Without that injury could they have won the whole thing? One of those woulda coulda situations, but just thought it worth mentioning.
    yea it is, I dont want to disparage wade. They were definitely title contenders(some say they were better in 05 than 06 too til the injury). I'm going completely devil's advocate here and trying use some of their own flawed logic against them.

[QUOTE=warriorfan]Lebron didnt join a 47 win team or a 33 win team. There were multiple all Stars who joined with him on both of those teams. It wasn

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Sorry, I remember reality.

[COLOR="Red"]I remember all the clowns arguing that the Warriors were going to be "worse" with KD because they "gutted their depth"...[/COLOR]

You were probably one of them.

this thread actually has you taking an L on that.

We see the warriors true potential is higher without durant than it is with him.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

We see the warriors true potential is higher without durant than it is with him.
    the '17 playoffs would like to refute you and ask for evidence

Top 10 teams ever via Ortg

1) 2017 Golden State Warriors: 115.6

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    the '17 playoffs would like to refute you and ask for evidence

Top 10 teams ever via Ortg

1) 2017 Golden State Warriors: 115.6

yea... he fit for one year. Since then its been back to the iso ball roots which have made the dubs look mortal.

Without him the sustained dynasty success is unparalleled. They avalanche teams with their teamwork and everybody is always engaged.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

They are better at moving the ball without him but in the playoffs against real teams they absolutely need him. Draymond didn't call him after 2016 for nothing, he admitted that the team needed another reliable option because Curry and Klay can and will get shut down.

Evidence: Game 3 2018 Finals.

What did Curry and Klay score? 23 points combined?

KD scored 43....alone.

Literally put them on his back and carried them to a win on the road.

The sad thing is Curry and Klay can go cold at a moment's notice just as easily as they can get hot.

They don't need KD for teams like the Blazers, the even worse watered down version of the 2018 Rockets, or the Clippers.

But they will absolutely need him in the Finals against the Raptors or the Bucks. No question about that.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    yea it is, I dont want to disparage wade. They were definitely title contenders(some say they were better in 05 than 06 too til the injury). I'm going completely devil's advocate here and trying use some of their own flawed logic against them.
    Wade was a year better in 2006 than 2005, but Shaq was also some degree worse in 2006 compared to 2005. There was some trade off there.....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

No, it isn't.

That is absurd.

Now, you tell me their potential is higher replacing KD with Covington and PJ Tucker or something...I might listen.

Probably still disagree, but it is at least an argument.

But the notion they are just better without him is absurd...

I'd wait until the finals to make a bold claim like that.

Even then, its borderline trolling.

The Warriors are funner to watch, share the ball more, and are a bit more consistent defensively. So far, that's really it...

yea... he fit for one year. Since then its been back to the iso ball roots which have made the dubs look mortal.

Without him the sustained dynasty success is unparalleled. They avalanche teams with their teamwork and everybody is always engaged.
    you just said their true potential is higher.

the 17 potential will not be matched this year or any other, clearly.

Decent playground baller

It's hilarious on the other major NBA forum that have been saying this the past couple of years that if they lose KD they wouldn't be contenders or continue winning titles. The Warriors are arguably the greatest team in NBA history and their stars are all in their primes, which is the scariest part about this. No team since the 60s Celtics have reached the finals more than 4 times. They will win more titles in the future, but...

The 2019 champion is coming out of the east

1 on 1 basketball isn't 5 on 5 basketball. It's not the same thing at all.

Some people will never understand that. Oh well.