Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Been playing MyCAREER all day. Wish i didnt have work later. Im gonna e thinkin about 2k the whole time

Banned

Lol still no sliders in My Player. Looks like we're gonna have to find the addresses in cheat engine again this year. I don't know why 2K doesn't put them in especially now that we basically have an offline and online My Player.

I skipped over the demo and went straight to an online game so this was the first time I've played it. Controls weren't really all that difficult to adapt for me since I usually use X to shoot but there were a few times I wanted to throw an alley oop and couldn't do it. The collisions seem unnatural to me and it looked far to easy to score around the hoop with a crowd around you.

I like the new pick and roll control and that they added in the old substitution on the fly menu.

I'll have a few more observations once I play a few more games in the coming days.

Installing this shit in my 360 hard drive right now. So hyped.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Okay the GM sitdowns are ****ing awesome and hilarious. I'm choosing to be a prick and after only 20 games or so getting no playing time.... I demanded my coach be fired, said that the SG ahead of me (Wesley Mathews) is in my way and needs to be traded immediately. Also demanded more of a role. It's hilarious and adds a new dimension to the game for sure. What's weird is my GM on the Blazers is such a nice guy and respects my opinion that I'd feel guilt demanding a trade. As long as he builds around me in the future and starts listening to me I'll stick around.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Just got back from gamestop. ASked if they still have codes, they said "Yes, but we can't give them unless you preordered." I said ok, and the guy said "wait, aren't you still buying it here?"

Of course not. This pre-order stuff is ridiculous. **** them. I'd rather not have the game then be bullied into buying there and giving them $1 penny up front.
    The pre-order ASW bonus has just been a mess from the get-go. I don't think it's good business to withhold an entire mode from folks who cannot or did not pre-order a game. If the pre-order bonus were a few extra My Player outfits, sure. An extra set of post-dunk celebrations? Yep. An entire mode (that replicates real life)? Heck no.

Even better, all the folks who did pre-order have not been able to get their codes to work yet. It's obviously a business strategy (to boost pre-sales), but it's something I'm more accustomed seeing from EA, not 2k. Terribly lame that they wouldn't even confirm nor deny whether the ASW content would be available for a price later down the road, more or less encouraging gamers to play a game of chicken (Do I pre-order and buy the game without waiting to see if it's any good, or do I wait and henceforth not receive the all-star content, unless they release it later - which at this point they won't confirm).
    Last edited by Rake2204; 10-02-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I just wanted to know if anyone has played any of the 2k games on a PC and how it compares to the X-Box 360 or PS3 versions?

Specifically about the on court game-play. I don't really mind if a few features are missing on PC (like practice or historic moment mode or whatever).

Thanks.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    I just wanted to know if anyone has played any of the 2k games on a PC and how it compares to the X-Box 360 or PS3 versions?

Specifically about the on court game-play. I don't really mind if a few features are missing on PC (like practice or historic moment mode or whatever).

Thanks.
    I personally think PC is better. There are a lot more mods and stuff you can do to the game with PC. Like court updates, scoring ticker updates, you can add in custom teams and music and stuff, etc.

As for actual gameplay, they are the same.

Anyone tested this thing on HOF yet

What does this shot feedback stuff mean?

There's four categories... One is the grade, a picture of a backboard, a measuring tape, and a picture of hands holding the ball

Just messed around with one game. Got to do stuff.

Obviously went Dream Team vs. Team USA. Game is definitely a little smoother and I'm starting to take a favorable approach to the dribble stick. It's easier to use than isomotion and things feel more fluid in game action. I need to work on defense though. Is it more difficult or is it because I haven't played a 2k game in a few months? Couldn't stay in front of no one. I just played on all-star because I haven't played in a while, but I remember that difficulty level being tougher last season when I initially started playing (again a few month break between 2k11 and 2k12).

In case you are wondering: 86-79, Dream Team. Too easy to score in the post... Which reminds me, the post game feels improved as well.

I agree that the graphics look the same, if not worse. Kind of intentionally grainy I think. Also I got my code to work. I haven't played it yet, so perhaps that's where the problems lies? I don't know, but I didn't have a problem redeeming the code, downloading the content, and seeing if it was in the menus (game mode>NBA allstar -- that's it right?). The code was printed on my game stop receipt.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 10-02-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    I personally think PC is better. There are a lot more mods and stuff you can do to the game with PC. Like court updates, scoring ticker updates, you can add in custom teams and music and stuff, etc.

As for actual gameplay, they are the same.
    Nice.

I've read online that you can use an X-Box 360 controller for a PC. Is this what you do?

Apparently you can do that with a PS3 Controller too, but Microsoft has an official driver that you can download from them, whereas the PS3 one isn't official. And it's Microsoft...as in Microsoft Windows. So im thinking an X Box 360 controller would be better and more problem free to use for a PC. Would u (or anyone else who knows) agree?

Why can't you access the teams full roster in blacktop...?

Wasn't really planning on buying it until closer to the season, but I remembered I had a 50 dollar gift card to Amazon so I just ordered it. Really excited.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

The Twitter thing is ****ing badass. Makes the rivalries and feel of the game more personal. Here's what Steve Blake just tweeted me before and after the Lakers beat me.

"I hope I get to guard you when we play so I can really have fun while we win"

After Lakers beat me....

"Man I'm gonna have to open my own psychic shop business after the way I called that win. You want in? You can work the front desk".

Now I can't wait to play the Lakers and beat the shit out of them .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Nice.

I've read online that you can use an X-Box 360 controller for a PC. Is this what you do?

Apparently you can do that with a PS3 Controller too, but Microsoft has an official driver that you can download from them, whereas the PS3 one isn't official. And it's Microsoft...as in Microsoft Windows. So im thinking an X Box 360 controller would be better and more problem free to use for a PC. Would u (or anyone else who knows) agree?
    Either is fine. I use my ps3 controller to play ps1, ps2, ps3 and pc games on my laptop. Motionjoy works with either 360 or ps3 controllers.