Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lance Stephenson

Yes he could most defiantly become that talent, but he has that "i am the best" and "it's all about me" edge to him. So i doubt he will stay in school. He will probably jump after only one year into the league. I believe he could become a great player if he stayed in school a few years and developed his game some more.

Banned

Lance Stephenson-streetball Paul Pierce in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    What does any of that say about his attitude?
    Father directly took control over his recruitment, so did plenty other HS players who have parents make decisions for them even though they are 18 or 19.
    Lance played at a Lance-ball system at Lincoln, so did Tyreke at ACA and I didnt see anyone saying he cant adjust to the NBA. If you watched Lincoln the past few seasons you'd realize how that team revolved around 2 players, Lance & Padgett, the rest were either too undersized or just werent talented enough.

And each school that mutually seperated from Lance, was considered pulling out due to the NY media sensationalizing his late recruitment.
    What does any of that say about his attitude?

He didn't make the Under-18 Team because of his "team-related attitude".

"With Lance it's always me, me, me."

It explicitly says "Selfish" on-court behaviour.

What does any of that NOT say about attitude?

Seriously, I do not understand why you defend this kid. He is obviously more of a prima donna than most high school stars, I don't care where he plays. If he doesn't fix his attitude and realize that in the NBA he will not be "The Man", he will fail in the NBA, even if he is a first rounder next year.

Of course, I highly, HIGHLY doubt he would be a lottery pick if he declared after one year of college, so maybe there is hope that he will mature in college playing against serious competition.

We'll see how he performs at Cinci, that is if he still qualifies as an amateur.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

There is nothing wrong with his attitude, thats why its so ridiculous to bring it up.

The only example people tend to use is him throwing the basketball at some player 2 years ago.

I've followed Lance since 9th grade after hearing about his Rucker Park debut, and there is nothing about his attitude thats not different from most HS athletes, except he lives and plays on a bigger stage in NYC.
    You don't know ****. The guy is in special ed, he's always in trouble and like someone mentioned. I've seen him before and know people that bump into him almost every day. The guy is a nutcase.

You saying that he's like most HS athletes just proves that you've never been around any. Sylvan and Kemba are nothing like him and they're both much better basketball players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    You don't know ****. The guy is in special ed, he's always in trouble and like someone mentioned. I've seen him before and know people that bump into him almost every day. The guy is a nutcase.

You saying that he's like most HS athletes just proves that you've never been around any. Sylvan and Kemba are nothing like him and they're both much better basketball players.

Thats funny, considering I played HS basketball for 4 years and was an All State selection.

You dont know anything about him personally, you and the other guy sound like a bunch of nerds who dont cross his path but know who he is and he wont say Hi to you. You're the loser sitting around talking about a 19 year old kid's attitude, who you dont know or havent seen anything to prove it. You just walked past him, Recognized him, Asked for his Autograph, He walked away laughing at you.

So you're wasting time arguing how bad and dumb of a person he is on the internet, like people actually care what you say.

And most good HS athletes have the confidence of Lance in their basketball abilities, whether they speak publicly about it or not. His attitude of being an emotional/tough player can be found throughout the NBA of very good NBA players.
    Last edited by Interminator; 07-18-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Saw a basketball once

Thats funny, considering I played HS basketball for 4 years and was an All State selection.

You dont know anything about him personally, you and the other guy sound like a bunch of nerds who dont cross his path but know who he is and he wont say Hi to you. You're the loser sitting around talking about a 19 year old kid's attitude, who you dont know or havent seen anything to prove it. You just walked past him, Recognized him, Asked for his Autograph, He walked away laughing at you.

So you're wasting time arguing how bad and dumb of a person he is on the internet, like people actually care what you say.

And most good HS athletes have the confidence of Lance in their basketball abilities, whether they speak publicly about it or not. His attitude of being an emotional/tough player can be found throughout the NBA of very good NBA players.
    So if it is kinda insane to you, talking about the guy here on the internet, why u are defending him like that here...

Ah by the way i dont want an answer, cause ive learned its a wast of time to discuss about lance steph.

Banned

Lance looks and plays retarded...He isnt very good and doesnt understand the game, he also doesnt look like he wants to. Would never want that guy on any team I followed.

No one gives a damn about Lance Stephenson...So I'll say it based on the games I saw him play he looks dumb, talks retarded and plays retarded....plus he isnt naturally talented enough to overcome it on the NBA level

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

If I was a college coach Stephenson's body language on the court would have scared me off.

Stephenson plays hard along with looking like and having a rep of practicing hard, but the way he carries himself screams uphill battle to coach the kid. From blowing assignments coming out of huddles, breaking plays, screaming at people, etc.

Hopefully for Stephenson it is a maturity issue and he grows with his time in college.

his game is still very raw but the talent is there.

What the **** @ disliking a player for not being nice to your cousin.

Your cousin is probably a douche or doesnt cross his circle.

I said I don't like him as a person dumbass. Hes a good player I respect his game but he bullies everyone around him because of his size. Didn't you hear he ****ed up his teammate devon mccmilan... I bet you'd love him right.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    I said I don't like him as a person dumbass. Hes a good player I respect his game but he bullies everyone around him because of his size. Didn't you hear he ****ed up his teammate devon mccmilan... I bet you'd love him right.
    Why is this supposed to be scary to me?

Teammates fight & argue all of the time, fights happen, why you computer nerds who never played HS basketball or contact sports have overblown that is ridiculous.

He also threw a ball at somebody.

Tell me when he is raping a hotel worker in his room, and talking about every other player who has sex outside of their marriage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    If I was a college coach Stephenson's body language on the court would have scared me off.
    Thats why you aren't, Do you remember Derrick Rose?

Stephenson plays hard along with looking like and having a rep of practicing hard, but the way he carries himself screams uphill battle to coach the kid. From blowing assignments coming out of huddles, breaking plays, screaming at people, etc.
    Actually that happens a lot for a player thrust into a Point Forward role espescially one in Lance's case who did not play in a system that featured him but rather Lance was the system at Lincoln.

He became the system early on at abou 14 almost immediately when he came there, so to expect a 19 year old guy to look like a seasoned veteran mastering an offensive scheme that revolves entirely around him is pretty laughable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Lance looks and plays retarded...He isnt very good and doesnt understand the game, he also doesnt look like he wants to. Would never want that guy on any team I followed.
    Thats OK.

No one gives a damn about Lance Stephenson...So I'll say it based on the games I saw him play he looks dumb, talks retarded and plays retarded....plus he isnt naturally talented enough to overcome it on the NBA level
    Actually Lance is very popular in NYC, and if you dont know shattered every scoring record.

And the point of natural talent is laughable, if you've seen him play you would realize that talent is definetly there. Hes a 6'5 220 lb SF with the handles to get to the basket and the size & strength to finish at the basket with ease or draw a foul. He also has good range from outside but his most deadly shot is from the top of the key.

Why is this supposed to be scary to me?

Teammates fight & argue all of the time, fights happen, why you computer nerds who never played HS basketball or contact sports have overblown that is ridiculous.

He also threw a ball at somebody.

Tell me when he is raping a hotel worker in his room, and talking about every other player who has sex outside of their marriage.

computer nerd men look at the amount of posts you have compared to mine. By the way I actually play HS basketball and football so lets straighten that out. If you had Lance as a teammate you'd never even get to touch the ball once, and your over here glorifying this guy as if he is a God he doesn't even know you I doubt he'd care even if he did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    computer nerd men look at the amount of posts you have compared to mine. By the way I actually play HS basketball and football so lets straighten that out. If you had Lance as a teammate you'd never even get to touch the ball once, and your over here glorifying this guy as if he is a God he doesn't even know you I doubt he'd care even if he did.
    Thats ironic considering Lance doesn't know you but you have had contact with him, yet dislike him personally.

My post count is irrelevant, I dont post 100 times a day.

I played HS Basketball, and I understand the knock Lance is getting because hes a star player with a team full of average NYC ballers other than Padgett. The entire premise of the offense is to give Lance the ball and get out of his way, and let him involve you if he sees you open. But why kick it out to some guy wide open on the perimeter if he cant make the shot?

People consider that being a ballhog, and obviously he'll have to adjust accordingly at some point in the NBA or he'll end up out of the league or struggling when the offense doesnt revolve around him.